ADVERTISEMENT

Offense next year

norton_nole

All-ACC
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2020
Hi Tribe, a merry Christmas Eve to you all. I know Atkins will be running Norvell’s offense but Atkins will have some scope for putting his imprint on the game plan too. Do we know what Atkins liked to do at Charlotte when he was OC?

Also, of course we want to grab another WR but the more I think about it the better I feel about a two TE set where Johnny Wilson functions as the second TE/WR. That kid can block! His speed/catch radigives us some options in the seams. McDonald has better hands than most of our WR. Pittman/Helton and McClain/Wilson on the outside … that seems like a solid option to me.

Only thing that I hope to see to make this package more viable, Travis develop more on the seam routes. Both Wilson and McDonald have large catch radiuses but Travis will have to get better at not missing high - otherwise that’s a pick. We didn’t throw a ton over the middle last year for a reason. The more we pick apart the middle of the field, the more we get one on ones with McClain and Pittman. I have a good feeling about a break out year for McClain and one thing I feel confident about with Pittman is his hands and toughness to win those 50-50 balls as well as short area quickness on screens if you’ve got someone like Wilson blocking for him.

Stretch runs with Ward with guards that can pull and TEs that can block …

I think this is going to be a really fun offense to watch next year. Still a little concerned about the defensive front seven but I hope these guys see there is a path to be really good next year. We just have to put in the work. Merry Christmas!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News