ADVERTISEMENT

OJ Simpson Car Chase and Trial

Ohio1nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Nov 12, 2014
Coming up on the anniversary of the chase. I was a kid in the 90s so I didn’t follow along on real time.. but watched the 30 for 30 made in America done on OJ, which was phenomenal..

Was anyone watching live when that was happening? And who would be a comparable athlete if this were to happen today? Was OJ on lebron or Tom Brady level of superstardom?

Reactions: BrianNole777
If Lebron or Tom kill somebody in 10 years and flee in a car, it will get the same coverage OJ did.

I followed it live at the time. It was strange. Riveting, but strange. It was like watching a tragedy in slow motion. And all the time I was thinking, "well, this proves it, he killed her" otherwise why would he be doing something so stupid. To keep driving with dozens of police cars following him with their lights on (I know, turned out it was his buddy driving as I recall) was just so bizarre. Unforgettable.

I followed it live at the time. It was strange. Riveting, but strange. It was like watching a tragedy in slow motion. And all the time I was thinking, "well, this proves it, he killed her" otherwise why would he be doing something so stupid. To keep driving with dozens of police cars following him with their lights on (I know, turned out it was his buddy driving as I recall) was just so bizarre. Unforgettable.

Have you watched the Made in America documentary? One of the better documentaries I’ve watched

OJ was well-removed from sports back then, but was still popular around the scene. Played in Naked Gun movie. Today is hard to compare...maybe a Payton Manning.

Reactions: goldmom
OJ was well-removed from sports back then, but was still popular around the scene. Played in Naked Gun movie. Today is hard to compare...maybe a Payton Manning.

Maybe a Charles Barkely or Shaq. Former athlete turned talking head on TV.. I was just trying to get a sense of how popular OJ was in the 90s.

Guilty or not, OJ sure made a certain Johnnie Cochran a very wealthy man.

The dream team.. If I remember correctly, didn’t the OJ case kickoff 24 hour news? Or maybe it was the advent of CourtTV.

I bet a lot of people were made very wealthy off of that case

Reactions: seminoleed
The dream team.. If I remember correctly, didn’t the OJ case kickoff 24 hour news? Or maybe it was the advent of CourtTV.

I bet a lot of people were made very wealthy off of that case

Even some of the cops put out books on it, and they made the NYT best seller lists. And the trial exposed how poor the DA's office in LA was--Cochran roasted them at every opportunity.

Ok was well received by blacks and whites alike
He made a lot of money with hertz commercials

Very well spoken

Phenomenal running back, both at usc and the nfl

Yes the white bronco thing was bizarre but also captivating

I don’t know if he did it or not as far as the dbl murders

Coming up on the anniversary of the chase. I was a kid in the 90s so I didn’t follow along on real time.. but watched the 30 for 30 made in America done on OJ, which was phenomenal..

Was anyone watching live when that was happening? And who would be a comparable athlete if this were to happen today? Was OJ on lebron or Tom Brady level of superstardom?
I’d say Michael Strahan is the closest. I’m 38 so I was young and only kinda sorta knew who OJ was. I def don’t think it’s the equivalent of a LeBron or Brady.

Very well spoken

What makes you think he didn’t do it? All evidence points towards him..

He only got off on it because they turned it into a racial trial.. I believe even a juror was interviewed in that documentary who said she voted not guilty as a payback for the Rodney king beating.

Very well spoken

Uhhh he did it. Only one person who posts around here from LA would think he possibly didn’t do it based on the evidence.

Whoa! I didn’t say I don’t believe he did it! I think his actions with the bronco chase were pretty obvious
Yes, lots of evidence says he did it

But there were blatant questions that arose from the Lapd’s handling of the case too

But there was no way that jury was ever gonna convict a local superstar, no way!

So yeah I think he did it, but we will never know for sure right

Reactions: Ohio1nole
Whoa! I didn’t say I don’t believe he did it! I think his actions with the bronco chase were pretty obvious
Yes, lots of evidence says he did it

But there were blatant questions that arose from the Lapd’s handling of the case too

But there was no way that jury was ever gonna convict a local superstar, no way!

So yeah I think he did it, but we will never know for sure right

True.

I guess the same can be said for any murder case that didn’t have a witness I suppose

What makes you think he didn’t do it? All evidence points towards him..

He only got off on it because they turned it into a racial trial.. I believe even a juror was interviewed in that documentary who said she voted not guilty as a payback for the Rodney king beating.
I think one of the jurors also posed for Playboy.

If you had the TV on you couldn't miss it as it was on every channel.
He did it.
Oh, and Epstein didn't kill himself...

Agreed. I’m just patiently waiting for the list to come out…

Might be waiting a while

Guilty or not, OJ sure made a certain Johnnie Cochran a very wealthy man.
Guilty or not? Now, that's funny. As Johnny Cockroach died of a brain tumor just a few years later. OJ is still pursuing his quest in finding the "real killers." Have you read my latest book?
"I'm O.J., You're O.J." :)
Sigmund Freud

O.J. is determined to keep taking stabs at finding the real killers.
BTW, his Dad was known as "Sweet Jimmy" who turned tricks for coke and other blows in the S.F. hoods. This is where his mind started to go sideways.
Norman Bates and Jack Torrence
The Overlook Hotel

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT