ADVERTISEMENT

FSU updates from El Paso — Dec. 28, 9:25 p.m. ET -- coordinator, transfer analysis

iraschoffel

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jul 13, 2014
12/29 2:56 p.m.
[MEDIDA=youtube]AgmHoEHzPz0[/MEDIA]
----
12/28 9:25 p.m.

Analysis, reaction to coordinator presser and news of offensive transfers; done before staff hires of Rushing and Storms.
https://youtu.be/uwC4NzVJA7A

----

Harlon Barnett speaks first

Arizona State not having WR and RB ... Says we thank God for that blessing that they’re not playing.

Not having Stanford Samuels ... it’s an opportunity for guys like Akeem Demt, AJ Lytton and Isaiah Bolden.

On staying focused during coaching transition ... my spirituality is first. Has peace through God. Excited for next door that will open. Not sure what it will be, but looks forward to it

On ASU QB Daniels ... poised for a freshman. Has some good weapons.

Two years in Tallahassee ... people ask do you regret leaving Michigan State? Not at all. I was led down here. Didn’t work out my way but learned from it.

Says he learned to try to learn more about a situation before taking a job.

Says players have been great despite the uncertainty.

Marvin Wilson is great to have around.

Kendal Briles starts off by saying he lived in Texas 35 years. Feels good to be back. Says guys will be ready to play.

QB situation has been a learning experience. Would love to have one main guy. QBs did a good job. Learning experience how to handle that situation.

Uncertainty last month ... Odell led the way. He gave team a lot of hope and faith.

On ASU defense, collectively they play well together. Very well coached. Know what they’re doing. Great at stripping the ball and forcing turnovers.

On Deonte Sheffield stepping up with Akers and Laborn our ... he hasn’t had chance to show it, but has been improving. Tre’Shaun Ward has as well.

Changes game plan not having Akers. Won’t be feeding the ball to the RBs as much.

Very proud of Tamorrion‘s growth this season. Said he has really developed into a much more complete player, and its infectious with other players.

He has had good talks with Norvell about personnel and other areas of the program. I think Florida State hit a home run with Mike. Thinks he’ll be successful.

More coming.

———

Offensive and defensive coordinators will meet the media this morning. FSU's Kendal Briles and Harlon Barnett will speak around noon ET. We'll have updates here, followed by the videos by Aslan and complete coverage throughout the day.

-----

Both teams visited Ft. Bliss Military Base, one of the largest of its kind, before a dinner with the troops on Friday night. Here's footage from FSU's visit

----

Practice was open for four periods. Here's footage from the media viewing portion

----

Good afternoon!

Just getting back from the open portion of practice. We got to interview Odell, Blackman, J-Rob and Aguayo.

Some notes from practice:

Cam Akers doesn't appear to have made the trip. Neither has Stanford Samuels, as mentioned earlier.

Marvin Wilson is here, and he was rehabbing with a group of injured players, including Jaiden Lars-Woodbey, Keyshawn Helton, Josh Kaindoh, Darius Washington and Khalan Laborn.

The only coaches here are the 2019 coaches -- and they all appear to be here.

With Laborn and Akers out, the main running backs we saw were Deonte Sheffield and Treshaun Ward. We believe DJ Matthews will get some work there as well.

Didn't see any glaring absences ... although I didn't notice Durden with the DTs when I was looking at them. He is definitely here though. Just didn't see him this morning. So Tru Thompson appeared to be with Cooper on the first-team.

Looked like Dontae Lucas and Brady Scott are fine. Same with Boselli. They were all banged up late in the year.

Will have more coverage coming.

----

Good morning!

If you missed it, here was Aslan's video from last night.

We'll have coverage from practice this morning. There will be interviews and an open portion for media.

It's scheduled for around 12:30-1 ET, so look for coverage around then or a little after.

Doesn't look like Stanford Samuels made the trip. We'll see if anyone else chose not to play when we are out there today.

-----

Good evening folks! Aslan and I are here in El Paso. Just arrived and are checking out this team function at the stadium.

He’ll have a full video coming.

The team also went to a Top Golf event.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News