ADVERTISEMENT

Oscars

Originally posted by noleville:
Originally posted by tommynole3476:

Originally posted by noleville:
Hollywood always nominates movies that most don't give a damn about, the public votes with their money. American Sniper has grossed more than all other nominated best picture films combined!!
You don't think that Eastwood's choice to use a plastic baby with some CGI arm moving had anything to do with their final choices?

AS was still nominated for best picture, but I think that was a fairly big turd in the punch bowl that had absolutely nothing to do with politics or money.

I haven't seen all the movies, but I don't recall hearing about any glaring issues like AS's fake baby.
No, but I do think that was the excuse that they used to justify not giving it the award. Go back at the past "best pictures", huge holes in every none..
There's a huge difference between a plot hole, and a freaking plastic baby.

Go back and find me one nominee, from recent history, with such a glaring issue involving production of the film. Like a boom-mic operator clearly in the shot for 2 whole minutes, or a main character saying 'ooops, what's my line again' in the middle of a scene.

I don't think you realize how big of an issue that plastic baby is; especially given the emotional weight of the scene in question. The wife is trying to get through to Kyle about how war has changed him, and all you see is PLASTIC BABY.

As for the list DMM posted, I think The Dark Knight is the only one on there with a genuine beef. It got screwed because it was based on a comic.

Originally posted by tolkien1:

Originally posted by SWFNole:

Originally posted by given2fly:
Originally posted by Banditking:
It is humorous seeing the women's rights issue for equal pay parroted by multi millionaires who don't really have much in the way of attachment to the 99 percent.
Why is that humorous? Is it also funny to support rights of minorities if I am white?
It's humorous that women think getting equal pay is a right. It's a union line, not a right.
Oy.

You don't find it humorous that an "equal pay for women" line is spouted by someone who works on contract for a negotiated price, a price that's based upon successes and name recognition?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT