ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pet Peeves

Men who flex when they drink a beer, you arms are still small; women who put their hands on their hips when they take a picture, your arms are still fat.

Reactions: Squirrel J.
I love the ones the can't wait 5 seconds for you to go by and instead pull out in front of you and then turn right up the road or drive below the speed limit.

Another is when I am delivering a pizza at night and I pull up to your house (guessing it is your house) and there are no address numbers on the house or mailbox nor do you have your porch light on.

I love the ones the can't wait 5 seconds for you to go by and instead pull out in front of you and then turn right up the road or drive below the speed limit.

...Especially when you look in your rearview afterward and there's no one anywhere close.

Reactions: Todd_FSU
People who have so little to do of importance that they have time to create an avatar for an internet message board.
How else will I express my personality and show what a unique individual I am if I don't spend hours finding juuuuust the right avatar photo and signature picture?

Reactions: Lurker1999
My #1: strong, able-bodied people who push the cart out to their car in the Publix parking lot, unload their few bags of groceries....then just leave the cart right there up against someone else's car or taking up an empty parking spot. Apparently it's entirely too much trouble and effort to walk
15-20 feet to leave the cart in the proper spot. The Publix near me has such limited parking and then inconsiderate people leave the small parking lot literally littered with abandoned carts. This drives me insane.

My #1: strong, able-bodied people who push the cart out to their car in the Publix parking lot, unload their few bags of groceries....then just leave the cart right there up against someone else's car or taking up an empty parking spot. Apparently it's entirely too much trouble and effort to walk
15-20 feet to leave the cart in the proper spot. The Publix near me has such limited parking and then inconsiderate people leave the small parking lot literally littered with abandoned carts. This drives me insane.

What if I'm just trying to give the semi retarded kid at Walmart something to do?
Some people give to charity, but I'd rather help create work for simpletons.

Adults who present as adolescents in language and dress.

ELB5fiy.png

Reactions: EconSean
What about people who speed up when you use your turn signal?

Oh that's endemic up here in the DC area. When you want to change lanes here, you do the "DC signal" where you start the lane change and simultaneously hit the signal. Otherwise someone will instinctively speed up to block you.

Oh that's endemic up here in the DC area. When you want to change lanes here, you do the "DC signal" where you start the lane change and simultaneously hit the signal. Otherwise someone will instinctively speed up to block you.

I always chuckle when I see that, and then I come on over right before they can ‘shut the door’.
I’m only worried about the folks not paying attention. When you give me a clue like that I know we’re good.
I remember one gal in an Astrovan was particularly peeved by my changing lanes anyway. She decided to stay right on my bumper as our turn lane approached the 90’ curve from Mahan to Buck Lake Rd. Now the Z06 would roll through that corner at 45mph without a sweat. I thought she was going to eat it behind me and plow through the median, but she got it woahed down enough to only bounce her left front off the curb.
She sure showed me!

Litterbugs.
Left lane losers.
“Like”, “whatever”, “and so on”, “and stuff”, “blah de blah”, “and, yeah”, etc... as substitutes for meaningful, to the point conversation.
Plastics.
Left lane losers.
Local political races that are waged from afar and try to tie the dog catcher running for re-election to the chosen (pick a name) national candidate’s “positions”.
Slowpokes in the self checkout at the grocery store.
Left lane losers.
Waiting for the check at a restaurant for many minutes, thus leaving a bad taste in your mouth after an otherwise great experience.
Left lane losers.

Yeah and half the time they're so crooked that they take up two spots. Dumb!
It's safer. Many truck drivers I know were taught that when they got their CDL and they apply it even when driving personal vehicle. Other drivers can see you backing into the spot easier than when you are backing out. And you can see easier pulling straight out than backing out. More accidents happen from people backing out of a spot than happens pulling forward out of a spot. And i have seen just as many people park crooked forward as backward. Some people just don't like to stay straight between the lines whether they back in or pull in.

Last edited:
It's safer. Many truck drivers I know were taught that when they got their CDL and they apply it even when driving personal vehicle. Other drivers can see you backing into the spot easier than when you are backing out. And you can see easier pulling straight out than backing out. More accidents happen from people backing out of a spot than happens pulling forward out of a spot. And i have seen just as many people park crooked forward as backward. Some people just don't like to stay straight between the lines whether they back in or pull in.
Nah.

It's FAR worse when people back in. Not even close.

Nah.

It's FAR worse when people back in. Not even close.
Lol .ok. seen plenty of bad parking for both. Probably seen more from people pulling in front because more people park that way. People in general don't know how to park especially if they are small spaces.

Last edited:
Many statistics prove you wrong. Backing in and pulling out while looking forward is a clear winner.
I look for chances to pull straight in and go on to the next space which allows me to pull out forward... boom, no backing required.
I trust my observations.

But I’ll bite. What statistics are those?

Reactions: Lurker1999
People that don't know the purpose of fog lights and just leave them on with their headlights all the time, blinding oncoming drivers.
Plus a bunch of peeves listed in above posts...

Since we're talking lane changes and signals...

How about the dude who turns on his signal, then slows down? Yeah man, I'm gonna let you over, but if you're going to slow down in the hopes that I'll also slow down (hence, creating a logjam of cars going 10 mph under), you'd be wrong.

Given the number of out of state plates that have become prevalent, Michigan looks to be the worse culprit out here, by a mile (intended.)

Let's really kick this up a notch:

Left lane cruisers.

Boom!

That's my biggest one but I'll get more specific. The left lane cruisers that annoy the $hit out of me are the self righteous clowns who think they're "teaching speeders a lesson" by sitting in the left lane and picking their nose.

Guess what? YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW TOO!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT