ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Strozier Library

12Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 21, 2013
A Top 20 Public Institution of Higher Learning deserves a better library and place for elite students to study.

It was UGLY when I was in school and is still UGLY today. It needs some TLC on the exterior and brought into the 21st century. Keep the beautiful brick structure but once the new student union is complete throw some of that Raise the Torch money at a BIG BEAUTIFUL library for our elite students.

A Top 20 Public Institution of Higher Learning deserves a better library and place for elite students to study.
Me and some friends used to put an "out of order" sign on the huge dictionary set up on a table for common use. Students would walk up, read the sign and walk away. I hope the students have become more "elite". :Face with Tears of Joy
But, yeah, Strozier was a great place to study, spent countless hours there. No way I would've graduated if I had to study in the dorms.

It was UGLY when I was in school and is still UGLY today. It needs some TLC on the exterior and brought into the 21st century. Keep the beautiful brick structure but once the new student union is complete throw some of that Raise the Torch money at a BIG BEAUTIFUL library for our elite students.

I helped move the books from the old library to the new Strozier Library in the
summer of 1955.....made $1.00 an hour. Either on the new or the old library,
there was a sign that said: "Half of knowledge is knowing where to find it."
Now a days, with Computers and the Internet which makes it so easy to find
knowledge, I sometimes think of that "sign."

This story made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

When we moved our fraternity house to Park Ave we used the Law Library, it was much quieter/nicer.

Reactions: 12Nole
Club Strozier... that place would be packed studying for exams.

Speaking of exams reminds me: My last year I learned from friends: Drink a beer or two before exams. It would relax me. It worked for me......Nothing but A's and B's there after.

Library materials?

Library materials?

Library materials?

Library materials?

Library materials?

Library materials?

Library materials?

That sign was above Dodd Hall when I was there.

Last edited:
I went to strozier to hang out, I went to Dirac when I had to study.

Does any actual studying happen there? I thought that’s what Dirac was for.

Dirac was straight butter for studying.
+1 for Dirac but their hours sucked. I was all about late night studying. I’d take a nap, drink a couple cups of coffee and then it was go time.

Getting the Business School built is way more important the remodeling Strozier.

I used to find the furthest quiet corner in either the basement or the top floor back in the day to study there.

Reactions: noletaire
Me and some friends used to put an "out of order" sign on the huge dictionary set up on a table for common use. Students would walk up, read the sign and walk away. I hope the students have become more "elite". :Face with Tears of Joy
But, yeah, Strozier was a great place to study, spent countless hours there. No way I would've graduated if I had to study in the dorms.
I often found a nook and cranny kinda place on the third floor to do some late night body research on selected and agreeable coeds. I just loved all the extra credit that I was able to get. Quiet maneuvers can be so tricky.

Reactions: noletaire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT