ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective on Rebuilding - i submit to the jury we are not really EVEN in Year 2 -

caseminole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
I am not making excuses for poor record, and have been hearing from writers and TC that this is a rebuild project and we are only in year 2

Actually, did last year even count? For ANYTHING really, other than Bama because they can run around with a trophy and claim that they were the champs of the oddest year in CFB since WWII???

Norvell first came around as coach AFTER Taggart was fired in November , had to scramble for recruiting (early signing period killed us i think?!) and had barely a month or so as HC before COVID hit - new staff had ZERO time to gel - it is what it is.

So 2020 was "sort of" Year 1, and we saw a glimpse of how good we could be when we played UNC - but the reality of the year is that it really wouldnt count as a normal year under any circumstances.

So if there was ever a time to claim maybe last season was a HALF year, it would be 2020.

So, here we are, its Year 1.5 really. We have seen glimpses of greatness in a couple of games over that span.

I just think we are in the right place, with the right coach - the players are learning, slowly, how to win and are buying what Norvell is selling.

Its technically still his first year, albeit later in the season..

Just my two cents

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News