ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 11 The Valspar Championship (sign-up is open to anyone who would like to join )

Congrats.

I watched none of the event as I was focused on the NCAA. But I turned over to the PGA radio feed just in time to hear this. Spieth on the 16th hole round 4 and the play by play guy says Spieth is laying up with his third shot after the penalty stroke with the hopes of saving bogey. But likely he will double and cost himself winning the tournament.

Greeeeeeeeeeat. Juuuuuuuuuuust great.

I really enjoyed the repartee between golfer and looper during the telecast; hope we get more and more of that.

Oh, and congrats, Golf for Life.

Congrats to FSU & Golf. Spieth looked like he was going to Spieth until he missed the birdie putt on 17.
Don't know why I picked Harman over Fleetwood. Senior moments. Crowd was way down at Valspar . Although that will not be publicized in any way. Tournament is in serious jeopardy if it keeps it's spot between the Players Championship and the WGC Dell.
Jack's tournament has already lost Honda as it's sponsor. That tournament has serious issues too. Jack, at 83, may be too old to pick up Thor's hammer and bring renewed energy and sponsors to what used to be the Honda Classic. Could the PGA tour be too left leaning ? Could Jay Monahan be a real idiot ? These are questions to ponder. But are questions your momma could answer with swift resolve !
LIV tour had a better finish with better players. Just sayin '. The swami in me says that Monahan needs to be replaced. The LIV tour needs morph into the 35-50 age group worldwide series of golf. They need to merge or come to an amicable agreement. A significant number of the changes Phil Mickelson wanted have happened because of LIV. Remember the rhetoric Monahan had the PGA tour players spit out about real players play 72 holes. What happened to that rhetoric when the PGA tour changed to some 54 hole "elite" events. There is room for both. But I know 1 thing for certain, Valspar would have been a way better event this year with Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, and 2 time past champion Paul Casey.
One last thing, the PGA couldn't figure out a better format for a match play tournament ? Oh well, good fortunes to everyone this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT