ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 16: The RBC Heritage

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
The First Look: RBC Heritage

The RBC Heritage is still in its traditional post-Masters spot on the schedule, but now with a new boost as one of this season’s designated events.
Located just 130 miles from Augusta National, the RBC Heritage been a staple on TOUR since 1969. The tournament has a reputation for offering a relaxing trip to the South Carolina Lowcountry after the stress of the year’s first major. Players can’t ease up with another strong field to face, however.
Masters champion Jon Rahm, PLAYERS champion Scottie Scheffler and world No. 5 Max Homa will add to their limited history at Harbour Town this week. Rahm’s only appearance in the RBC Heritage came in 2020, while Scheffler will be making his tournament debut.
They’ll be facing a course that makes up for its lack of length with tight fairways and the TOUR’s tiniest greens. Harbour Town’s famed finishing hole, flush against the Calibogue Sound, is one of the most scenic settings on TOUR, with the famed red-and-white lighthouse standing sentry over the green.
The winner will hoist the trophy on Harbour Town’s 18th green with the satisfaction that he beat the best players in the game on a classic layout that offers a distinctive test.

FIELD NOTES: FIELD

FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
COURSE: Harbour Town Golf Links, par 71, 7,121 yards (yardage subject to change). The Pete Dye/Jack Nicklaus design has hosted the RBC Heritage since the 1960s and continues to challenge the best golfers in the world with its small and contoured putting surfaces, overhanging mossy oaks, tight fairways, and strategically placed bunkers.
Look for an elite ball striker – or someone who has an elite ball-striking week – to be near the top of the leaderboard again come Sunday. Both of the winners at Harbour Town the last two years (Jordan Spieth and Stewart Cink) were first at week’s end in Strokes Gained: Tee-to-Green.
72-HOLE RECORD: 262, Webb Simpson (2020)
18-HOLE RECORD: 61, David Frost (2nd round, 1994), Troy Merritt (2nd round, 2015).

Congratulations again to last week's winner @FSU & Golf

@FSUdawg extends the overall season lead as the tour heads to South Carolina

Screenshot-2024-04-14-195142.png

Good luck to everyone this week

What a tough turnaround for a signature event immediately following a both physically and mentally draining Masters. A unique twist is, can one comfortably pick Scottie knowing his wife could go into labor anytime?? Going to be interesting for sure.

Reactions: NoleinATL
There must be some sort of rounding thing in your spreadsheet. 4844+1170 does not equal 6013. Or is some sort of new math that I am unaware of?

I am rounding down my scores, dang it....!!!

The points lower in the FedEx table have decimals and I enter the exact score then the sheet rounds to the nearest whole number so the score sheet is less busy

so my picks yesterday
S Scheffler750.000
X Schauffelle225.000
S Theegala14.670
W Zalatoris180.0001,169.670

gives the the odd total which rounded down to 6013

masters-with-decimals.png

The points lower in the FedEx table have decimals and I enter the exact score then the sheet rounds to the nearest whole number so the score sheet is less busy

so my picks yesterday
S Scheffler750.000
X Schauffelle225.000
S Theegala14.670

Too much math for me. Sine, cosine, algebraic formulae and geomertromity. Sheep. That's how to count 'em. By the flock. And use small numbers, no decimals. Pi like factoring can lead to the fracturing of the sport. Oh wait...didn't something like happen already? (what's wrong with Noler? Nevermind he's on a bender. Just go with it.)

so my picks yesterday
S Scheffler750.000
X Schauffelle225.000
S Theegala14.670

I am ok with you rounding down. In fact, you could round it down by, and just to pull a random number out of the air, say 60 more points if you want.

Dammit Meredith! You need to go into labor tonight! As in the next few minutes of tonight!

Mrs BFT would not be pleased by that.

And here's a little secret. She always confuses Scheffler and Schauffele. So if they are in the same tournament that week, she is most likely going to select both of them.

I thought Scheffler might skip this week and if did play would be a little distracted after the Masters win and having a baby on the way, well I was certainly wrong.

Korda up 3 at years 1st major for the ladies, would be her 5th straight win, not too shabby

Maybe the RBC final round will get suspended until tomorrow due to weather, and Meredith will go into labor overnight.

Maybe the RBC final round will get suspended until tomorrow due to weather, and Meredith will go into labor overnight.

It is pouring, Scottie probably needs to pack it in and head home.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Hard for me to believe they didn't move the tee times up this morning/switch to threesomes. According to the radar the rain's not ceasing until nearly 8:

it is crazy, Jim said when they went to this prerecorded coverage that they filmed this because of the weather that was coming, WTF

• Angry
Reactions: NoleLizards
Odd decision by Cantlay to hit wood into the teeth of the wind for his approach on 18 after the horn blew. Now he has a long chip to stew on overnight since he decided not to finish the hole/round afterwards. Bizarre.

Play suspended, Monday finish

Play has been suspended at RBC Heritage.
The final round of the RBC Heritage will resume Monday at 8 a.m. ET

The decision is pretty obvious Liz

NIA
B Harman
P Cantlay
S Lowry
C Young
Even crazier thing is he could be in contention for the win if Meredith goes into labor overnight and Scheff WD's, which is not out of the realm of possibility. Couldn't make this stuff up.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT