ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 21 The Dean & Deluca Invitational

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
  • DEANandDELUCA847.jpg
    The DEAN & DELUCA Invitational wraps up the final PGA TOUR event in Texas for the 2015-16 season. (Hunter Martin/Getty Images)
• FIELD: Click here to see who's teeing it up at the DEAN & DELUCA Invitational.

• COURSE: Colonial Country Club, 7,204 yards, par 70. Now starting its eighth decade as a PGA TOUR venue, the Perry Maxwell/John Bredemus design opened in 1936 and drew immediate acclaim for its doglegs and tight fairways. It took just five years to attract the U.S. Open, the first time the event went south of the Mason-Dixon Line, and the TOUR's arrival in 1946 makes Colonial the longest-running host site on the circuit. Colonial also staged the second edition of THE PLAYERS Championship in 1975, the 1991 U.S. Women’s Open and Annika Sorenstam’s historic venture in 2003 as the first woman to play a PGA TOUR event since World War II.

• FEDEXCUP: Winner receives 500 points.

• CHARITY: Cook Children’s Medical Center, supporting programs to ensure no child in need of medical attention is left untreated. More than 100 other Tarrant County charities also receive proceeds from the event, with last year’s total reaching $9 million.

• FIELD WATCH: World No. 2 Jordan Spieth, playing the second of back-to-back weeks in home territory, and FedExCup No.2 Adam Scott top a lineup featuring nine of the top 30 in the world rankings. ... Steve Stricker, the 2009 Colonial champion, returns for the second consecutive year. Before that, he hadn't played the event since his 2010 title defense. ... Bryson DeChambeau, the former SMU standout whose pro debut at the RBC Heritage left him tied for fourth, will play on one of two Champions Choice invitations given out each year to young pros. Under that designation, DeChambeau's appearance won't count against his allotment of seven sponsor exemptions in pursuit of special temporary status. … Kramer Hickok, a former Texas golfer now a Web.com Tour rookie, received the other Champions Choice invitation.

• 72-HOLE RECORD: 259, Zach Johnson (2010).

• 18-HOLE RECORD: 61, Keith Clearwater (2nd round, 1993), Lee Janzen (4th round, 1993), Greg Kraft (3rd round, 1999), Kenny Perry (3rd round, 2003), Justin Leonard (4th round, 2003), Chad Campbell (3rd round, 2004).

• LAST YEAR: Chris Kirk notched his fourth PGA TOUR victory, capping a closing 4-under-par 66 with a 7-foot par save that left him one stroke ahead of Spieth, Brandt Snedeker and Jason Bohn. Kirk hooked his tee shot at No.18 into the left rough, then watched his approach fail to hold the green. That sent Spieth and Bohn to the practice range to loosen up for a playoff, only to learn Kirk's deft chip allowed him to save par. Snedeker, paired with Kirk, could have forced a playoff with a closing birdie but couldn't convert a 12-footer at No.18. Kevin Na held at least a share of the lead after each of the first three rounds, but a closing 72 left him empty-handed. No 54-hole leader at Colonial has claimed the trophy since Phil Mickelson in 2008.

• STORYLINES: Spieth, who came to the DFW fortnight still seeking a victory in his home state, will try to take that final step again at Colonial. Last year's runner-up finish gave him three in Texas, joined by one each at both San Antonio and Houston last year. … Scott, the only man to complete the "Texas Grand Slam" with wins at Colonial, Byron Nelson, Houston and San Antonio, seeks a third victory to match fellow Aussie Jason Day for the most this season. ... Kirk will try to join Ben Hogan as the only man to record back-to-back wins at Colonial. Hogan did it twice – 1946-47 and 1952-53. … Ryan Palmer, a Colonial member, seeks home-course success after three top-15 finishes in the past four years. He missed the cut last year, but tied for fifth in 2012 and again in 2014.

• SHORT CHIPS: Former AT&T Byron Nelson champions Jason Dufner, Brendon Todd and Vijay Singh have a chance to become the 16th man to complete the “DFW Double” by winning both Dallas-Fort Worth events in their career. Scott was the last, winning two years ago at Colonial to add to his 2008 victory at the Byron Nelson. Before that you have to go back to Rory Sabbatini (2007 Colonial, ’09 Byron Nelson). … Before the current run of seven consecutive Colonial winners to come from behind on the final day, Colonial had seen each of its previous seven 54-hole leaders always manage to finish the job.

• TELEVISION: Thursday-Friday, 4-7 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1-2:30 p.m. (GC), 3-6 p.m. (CBS).

• PGA TOUR LIVE: Thursday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. (featured groups), 4-7 p.m. (featured holes).

• RADIO: Thursday-Friday, 1-7 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 1-6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.COM)

The PGSF tour arrives at Colonial, 8 decades as a tour stop

Had some change with Bobcat moving to second and Ed holding 3rd , DFS still going strong at the Top of The Leader board
Leader%20Through%20ATT_zpsiku7pqek.png

Good Luck this week

Last edited:
Damn, I was a lot better at this when I was working 70 hour weeks & didn't have any time to think about who to pick.

J Spieth (Can he do it for all four rounds this week?)

Because I didn't pick him, your chances with taking him are improved. I just don't trust him because he's "Tigering" out on us...He can't hit his drives straight!

Reactions: DFSNOLE
DFS, I have to agree with you about this tournament's name. It sure does not sound like golf tournament's name. Sounds more like a 50's sitcom.

Damn...another week I thought I had a chance of winning only to come in 2nd again. Nice work NiA!

Another week in Texas. Another weather delay.

May is often wet out there. And then after that almost nothing for months except a lot of heat.

I recall 1985 when they had to just cancel the final round and declare Pavin the winner after 54 holes the rain was that bad. Absolute deluge.

If you don't believe in the Lizard jinx now, you're this guy...

images

I uncharacteristically don't pick Spieth, and he turns into golf's equivalent of the Golden State back court. (Everything he shoots is going in!)

Well, that is how you come back and win it after a sluggish start. Good to see Spieth have a run like that to close everyone out.

Congratulations to this weeks winner Ed.
Ed, doesn't get his picks in but rolls over Spieth and Palmer to edge everyone else out this week

Dand%20D%20winner_zpsungo56ei.png

Will post updated leader board shortly

Last edited:
Wait, what?......Sure enough, I made my picks and forgot to hist Post Reply. For the record, I don't like winning like this, so here's who I DID have picked, and you can adjust my score accordingly:

Charlie Hoffman
Adam Scott
Chris Kirk
Patrick Reed

Wait, what?......Sure enough, I made my picks and forgot to hist Post Reply. For the record, I don't like winning like this, so here's who I DID have picked, and you can adjust my score accordingly:

I appreciate the gesture, but roll overs are the good and bad part of the game ..consider it an early ( or late) birthday present, plus it gets you closer to beating DFS for regular season crown, so no way am I changing :D

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT