ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 21 The Northern Trust

This guy just cant get out of his own way.

AHAHAHAHAHA...there isn't anyone THERE (really)...unreal...
happy0007.gif

Berger just lashed a 329-yard drive on the par 5 2nd...I wasn't aware he could bring it like that.

DAYUM!! Morikawa just followed that with 340! Did Bryson drop his "supplements" at the practice tee this morning or something??

Reactions: Nolerball
Morikawa needs that stuff if he wants to make it to the weekend...if not, I'll be looking at single digits. Ugh...one down and two languishing under the current cut line. Feel like I am staring at 125 yards of water to a pin that is on the front edge at 126...

Man, where has Rory's game gone and what the heck was he doing during that layoff to play so poorly now?

If he was actually practicing to hit a shot backwards into the water like that, I'd say he has that shot down.
I’m a big Rory fan. It’s my assumption that there will be little Rory’s running around the homestead soon. Weak legs ! :rolleyes:

We have already had a great golf day today, Sophia Popov's victory at the Womens Open was spectacular. Ranked 304 in the world with no LPGA status and caddied for a player couple weeks ago, now a major winner. Great stuff this am

This is a clip of the win, but when she lagged the putt up to secure thw win, the emotion was awesome

We have already had a great golf day today, Sophia Popov's victory at the Womens Open was spectacular. Ranked 304 in the world with no LPGA status and caddied for a player couple weeks ago, now a major winner. Great stuff this am

This is a clip of the win, but when she lagged the putt up to secure thw win, the emotion was awesome

That was a fun tournament to watch. She really held up in the 4th round. That first tee shot had to make you wonder if she would. Interesting story how it all came to this for her.

But that is the British Open for you. Often it can be a totally unexpected winner. The last three for the Ladies Open was that way with Georgia Hall and Hinako Shibuno (neither made the cut) and today Propov.

For the men, Ben Curtis and Todd Hamilton come to mind quickly. Calc in 89. Justin Leonard in 97 at the same course as this week. Should have been Van De Velde but instead it was Paul Lawrie who did not do much since that win in 99.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleinATL
I thought it was cool getting to see a high pressure tournament on a British links....

For me, it is the most fun golf to watch. The ball can go anywhere once it hits the ground. When the wind is it, the courses are brutal. And when it rains, it is worse. The bunkers are actually hazards that cost you strokes and going sideways to get out is common as we saw in this tournament this week. In the US many times a player will prefer being in the bunker vs the rough. British Open you stay away at all costs. And then there is the heather and gorse.

I'm scratching my head trying to remember I watched a golf tournament where someone flirted with 30 under par...30 FREAKING UNDER PAR!...in a four-round tournament. Maybe in a five-round, but I STILL don't remember it. This is phenomenal to watch.

I'm scratching my head trying to remember I watched a golf tournament where someone flirted with 30 under par...30 FREAKING UNDER PAR!...in a four-round tournament. Maybe in a five-round, but I STILL don't remember it. This is phenomenal to watch.

There is your answer CBS just flashed the last time a player shot -30. Spieth in the 2016 Tourney of Champions

Sorry for the late winner post, I closed my eyes for a second when the winner was no longer in question, and just woke up Damn I am getting old

DJ destroyed the course this week, literally the most news worthy moment of this tournament was that DJ could not get 59 after being 11 under through 11 on Friday

In the PGSF , originals week keeps going strong, with the Original commish getting the win this week , using a Nole ( Berger) to close out the other two players who picked DJ.
Congrats to this weeks winner @fsu67810

d645lVu.png

will post updated leader board shortly

Sorry for the late winner post, I closed my eyes for a second when the winner was no longer in question, and just woke up Damn I am getting old

DJ destroyed the course this week, literally the most news worthy moment of this tournament was that DJ could not get 59 after being 11 under through 11 on Friday

In the PGSF , originals week keeps going strong, with the Original commish getting the win this week , using a Nole ( Berger) to close out the other two players who picked DJ.
Congrats to this weeks winner @fsu67810

d645lVu.png

will post updated leader board shortly

Congrats on the win, fsu67810.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT