ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 30 The 3M Open

It's easier to sacrifice something that you get for free.

I'd imagine he had a replacement by the time he got to the next tee.

When I was a kid, I watched Crenshaw hit a very similar shot in the Citrus Open at Rio Pinar CC in Orlando (in the late 70s it relocated to Bay Hill & the name changed). He wrapped a 5 iron around a pine tree, bent it like that, then stepped on the shaft & broke it the rest of the way.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I'd imagine he had a replacement by the time he got to the next tee.

When I was a kid, I watched Crenshaw hit a very similar shot in the Citrus Open at Rio Pinar CC in Orlando (in the late 70s it relocated to Bay Hill & the name changed). He wrapped a 5 iron around a pine tree, bent it like that, then stepped on the shaft & broke it the rest of the way.
Would wrapping your club around a tree qualify as outside influence or natural forces?

A player is not allowed to replace a damaged club, except when it is damaged during the round by an outside influence or natural forces, or by someone other than the player or his or her caddie.

Would wrapping your club around a tree qualify as outside influence or natural forces?

A player is not allowed to replace a damaged club, except when it is damaged during the round by an outside influence or natural forces, or by someone other than the player or his or her caddie.

Yeah, if it's damaged by hitting a tree during a swing they can replace it. On the other hand, if it gets damaged because hit a bad shot & throw it/slam it down, or something along those lines, you're down a club & have to play on without replacing (every now & then I've seen an angry pro damage a putter & have to finish using a different club - they typically use SW & hit it with the bottom of the club).

After a quick start yesterday (5 under through 4 and -6 through 6), Tony Finau has gone two over since, including a bogey on his opening hole today.

FML.

• Wow
JT can't even get his game going at this place, finishes at -2, and is currently under the cut line.

There is no way ZJ can have him on the team in his current form

Thank goodness Aberg reverted back to his pre first round form so at least I get 2 golfers to the weekend. No thanks to Cam Young for crapping out after the hot start today though.

Hossler with an early 62 to jump 51 places to 4th, a nice bump for his paycheck this week

Reactions: NoleLizards
Baddeley needs a damn haircut,

Archie Bunker Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Senior British Open. Wind speed in the 30's. Sideways rain off and on, sometimes heavy. Absolute carnage with scores by many in the high single digits. Several in double digits. One with a +18 today. No one under par on the round, but two at even (or is that level?) par.

Cejka lost a two stroke lead and was in a sudden death playoff with Harrington. On the second playoff hole, Harrington chunked a chip shot and only parred the 18th. Cejka meanwhile left his eagle putt a tad too short. However he made the birdie for the win.

As I said, it was carnage everywhere. Over those last nine holes there were maybe three birdies by all the players with most just trying to make bogey. One player missed an 18 inch putt for bogey.

It was great viewing. Even Justin Thomas was watching it and commented how he could not take his eyes off of it because the players were struggling so badly.

It was great viewing. Even Justin Thomas was watching it and commented how he could not take his eyes off of it because the players were struggling so badly.

It was very good, unfortunate duff by Harrington in the playoff. I think he is going to win a lot of the Champions Tour

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
Pretty cool that Hodges's college coach flew in for the final round, but he is getting a little wobbly in the last 3 hope he can hold it together

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
Impressive display by Hodges, no one is making much of a run, but after a couple of errant drives, he has settled down and is knocking down putts.

That was a stupid shot IMO by Poston. Obviously I disagree with the TV guys. Taking it cost him a good chunk of change by getting that triple on 18..

That was impressive by Hodges, slept on a big lead and played solid golf all day to get his first win, congrats to that young man.

In the PGSF only two players picked the tied for 2nd place finisher, but Mitchell and Hoge secured the win for yours truly.

3-M-Winner-23.png

will post updated leaderboard shortly

That was impressive by Hodges, slept on a big lead and played solid golf all day to get his first win, congrats to that young man.

In the PGSF only two players picked the tied for 2nd place finisher, but Mitchell and Hoge secured the win for yours truly.

3-M-Winner-23.png

will post updated leaderboard shortly
Congrats Commish!

Raise your hand if you knew he was still on the tour.
put-your-hand-down-the-ms-pat-show.gif

You miss this when you are not trying to claw your way back from 5 thousand points down, the muck and mire of guys hanging on or trying to make it. .
I can tell you what tournaments Badds has played and when Sneds, Hoffman, and Dufner were also in the field.

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT