ADVERTISEMENT

Golf PGSF FedEx Cup Week 8: The Mexico Open at Vidanta (sign-up is still open)

NoleinATL

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2006
download.jpg

The PGA TOUR heads to Mexico for the Mexico Open at Vidanta​

FIELD

FEDEXCUP:
Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
COURSE: Vidanta Vallarta, par 71, 7,456 yards. This design opened in 2015 and meanders along the Ameca River while views of the Sierra Madres are offered on every hole. There are large landing areas off the tee while cavernous bunkers protect the large greens. Positioning off the tee is key to success at Vidanta Vallarta, as nine of the top 15 names on the leaderboard a year ago were in the top-10 in Strokes Gained: Off-the-Tee, including winner Jon Rahm, who was second. The course added 250 yards from its original design in preparation for the arrival of the PGA TOUR, along with 51 new bunkers (for a total of 106).
72-HOLE RECORD: 267, Jon Rahm (2022)
18-HOLE RECORD: 63, Tony Finau (Round 4, 2022), Brandon Wu (Round 4, 2022)

HOW TO FOLLOW:
Television:
Thursday-Friday, 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6 p.m. (CBS)
For outside of the U.S., click here for GOLFTV powered by the PGA TOUR
PGA TOUR Live:
ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed: 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Main Feed: 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Main Feed: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Main Feed: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Group: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee: 9:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Marquee: 9:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Marquee: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Marquee: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Group: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Group: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Group: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Groups: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Groups: 9:15 a.m.-1 p.m.Featured Groups: 9:15 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Hole: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Featured Hole: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Hole: 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.Featured Hole: 1 p.m.-6 p.m.
PGA TOUR Live is available exclusively on ESPN+
  • Main Feed: primary tournament-coverage featuring the best action from across the course
  • Marquee Group: new “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
  • Featured Groups: traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
  • Featured Holes: a combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes

Radio: Thursday-Friday, 1 p.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.–6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio

Congratulations again to last weeks winner @seminoleed

There was a big shake up at the top of the leaderboard this week. @Nolerball , number 1 for the year falls to #4, while Mrs BFT takes the overall lead

Screenshot-2024-02-18-181212654123.png

good luck to everyone this week

download.jpg

The PGA TOUR heads to Mexico for the Mexico Open at Vidanta​

FIELD

FEDEXCUP:
Winner receives 500 FedExCup points.
COURSE: Vidanta Vallarta, par 71, 7,456 yards. This design opened in 2015 and meanders along the Ameca River while views of the Sierra Madres are offered on every hole. There are large landing areas off the tee while cavernous bunkers protect the large greens. Positioning off the tee is key to success at Vidanta Vallarta, as nine of the top 15 names on the leaderboard a year ago were in the top-10 in Strokes Gained: Off-the-Tee, including winner Jon Rahm, who was second. The course added 250 yards from its original design in preparation for the arrival of the PGA TOUR, along with 51 new bunkers (for a total of 106).
72-HOLE RECORD: 267, Jon Rahm (2022)
18-HOLE RECORD: 63, Tony Finau (Round 4, 2022), Brandon Wu (Round 4, 2022)

HOW TO FOLLOW:
Television:
Thursday-Friday, 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m. ET (Golf Channel). Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.-3 p.m. (Golf Channel), 3 p.m.-6 p.m. (CBS)
For outside of the U.S., click here for GOLFTV powered by the PGA TOUR
PGA TOUR Live:
ThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
Stream 1Main Feed: 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Main Feed: 8:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Main Feed: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Main Feed: 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Stream 2Marquee: 9:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Marquee: 9:45 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Marquee: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Marquee: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
Stream 3Featured Groups: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Groups: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Groups: 9:15 a.m.-1 p.m.Featured Groups: 9:15 a.m.-1 p.m.
Stream 4Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.Featured Holes: 9:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
PGA TOUR Live is available exclusively on ESPN+
  • Main Feed: primary tournament-coverage featuring the best action from across the course
  • Marquee Group: new “marquee group” showcasing every shot from each player in the group
  • Featured Groups: traditional PGA TOUR LIVE coverage of two concurrent featured groups
  • Featured Holes: a combination of par-3s and iconic or pivotal holes

Radio: Thursday-Friday, 1 p.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Saturday-Sunday, 1 p.m.–6 p.m. (PGA TOUR Radio on SiriusXM and PGATOUR.com/liveaudio

Congratulations again to last weeks winner @seminoleed

There was a big shake up at the top of the leaderboard this week. @Nolerball , number 1 for the year falls to #4, while Mrs BFT takes the overall lead

Screenshot-2024-02-18-181212654123.png

good luck to everyone this week
Ode to the ride at the top of the mountain (or in this case, the Leaderboard):

They say that all good things must end someday
Scores are bound to fall,
But don't you know that it hurts me so
To say goodbye to you?
Spieth earned a big fat-zero
Points? Oh no, no, no
And when putts drain, off bermuda greens again
I'll think of Augusta days my friend
And dream of you.

(had to reach back to '64 for this one)

Tony Finau
Nicolai Hojgaard
Keith Mitchell
Brandon Wu

Bill, at first, I was excited you may have listened to the NoleinATL PGSF FEDEX podcast hosted on YouTube and made your picks because of the expert analysis Then I was sad for you because you may have chosen 3 of those guys because those picks are part of my stone cold locks of the week and my picks are terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: Bill From Tampa
Bill, at first, I was excited you may have listened to the NoleinATL PGSF FEDEX podcast hosted on YouTube and made your picks because of the expert analysis Then I was sad for you because you may have chosen 3 of those guys because those picks are part of my stone cold locks of the week and my picks are terrible.

Since neither of those scenarios apply to my reasoning for those picks, maybe, just maybe, I might get lucky.

But just in case your prowess at picking stone cold locks holds true, I will be sure to pass along to Mrs BFT to pick those players.

People can be terrible; while it is ok to think Charlie needs a little more experience, looking for his OB shot or asking for autographs while he plays is pathetic.

When Woods' first out-of-bounds drive went flying wide-right toward the rough on No. 5, so did several fans hoping to grab a souvenir from the bushes and palms.

Woods' following increased to more than 50 fans as he headed for the back nine, including one grandmother who learned that he was competing and pulled her granddaughter out of school in the hope of Woods noticing her.

After Woods left the 12th green, another fan approached him with a pen and a copy of Tiger's book, "How I Play Golf," demanding Charlie sign the book. When an official told the fan it wasn't allowed, she made a commotion of shushes and yells, including "I live here," as Woods teed off on No. 13.

Ridiculous that they expect something from someone while they are competing. This will sound very get off my lawnish...but there are so many idiot spectators at golf events now. It makes it hard for me while thinking about attending the Houston Open next month.

I was very impressed by Matt Wallace in his "walk and talk". He showed a sense of humor, humility, awareness and especially courage by coming back on after dumping one in the water. He has himself a new fan.

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT