ADVERTISEMENT

Plays to be had

FSUNolesfan1991

Freshman
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2012
This loss is completely unacceptable and did not agree with some of the calls (Obviously the last play, the 4th and goal play, and the wildcat that hasn’t seemed to work at all). However having said that, I felt like more often than not the guys were still in position to make plays on defense and just didn’t. The Jay dropped INT and many of the pass interference calls, the DB’s were there to break up the pass, undercut the receiver or played it well enough they just didn’t need to get a penalty and seemed like every time that’s exactly what happened and those yards added up. On offense, while I hate false starts, it’s 5 yards. Last night I felt like it was constantly, ineligible receiver down field, offensive pass interference, the block below the waste I believe. These didn’t result in 1st and 15 (which I think you can recover from with Milton at QB), they constantly put the offense in 1st and 25 or 2nd and 25. That’s tough to rebound from even if you’re one of the top teams in the country. To consistently put yourselves in those situations is a killer to an offense and I believe that’s what you saw. I honestly believe you take half of the penalties away, you win that game going away. I guess what I’m saying is, I still see bounds of improvement from this team (no where near as many wide open receivers and free lanes to the QB as years past) but this team just doesn’t go make the plays that winning teams do right now, couple that with all the penalties and you get the result on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News