ADVERTISEMENT

Potential flaws in Myocarditis researched cancellations based on

Not surprising since the NEJM & the Lancet both had to redact their articles on the 66,000 patient study showing hcq wasn’t effect, turns out their was a formal inquiry and the data sets could not be verified which is unheard of. Trust no one lots of fishy agendas out there.

In the race to be first and PC.................ooops

Now it's coming out that the Myocarditis research paper the BIG and others partially based cancellation on is flawed and has statistical inconsistencies.

Courtesy our own Danny Kanell.

I love Danny, but ill wait for a medical experts opinion.
Say it ain’t so... Just about everything else dealing with covid has been bs...
What is wrong with you people?
US deaths WW1 = 116,516
US deaths Korean War = 36,516
US deaths Vietnam War = 58,209
US deaths Afghan/Iraq = 52,752

US deaths Coid19 to date = 168,000 approximately

Stop it already. Its real.

Last edited:
The BIG and PAC12 are starting to realize they jump the gun on canceling the season and are screwed if the other 3 P5 conferences play. So they will start to put out false narrative in attempt to get the ACC, BIG 12 and SEC to call of the season, hope they don’t fall for it. Plus OSU and IOWA parents are pissed and want answers from Warren ( BIG Commissioner).

Don’t waste your time brooks. You aren’t changing anyone’s minds.

Based on how many seem to be behaving, it's like there's an additional zero at the end of the covid number.

I love Danny, but ill wait for medical

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

Now it's coming out that the Myocarditis research paper the BIG and others partially based cancellation on is flawed and has statistical inconsistencies.

Courtesy our own Danny Kanell.

If this is the case, and the SEC, ACC and Big 12 have a successful season (with no Covid issues) then that is a hundred million dollar mistake for the Big 10 and Pac 12.

Heads should roll, many people will be terminated.

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

How many of the deaths are people 70 or older with co morbidities (ie overweight, diabetes, heart disease).

That’s real too!!!!

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

Yes, for a small percentage of the population it is EXTREMELY real and will kill them.

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

It’s ironic. . Inserting death counts from major wars into the Covid context is exactly the type of BS that the poster you quoted was alluding to.

No one is saying it’s not real

Myocarditis has been around year decades if not centuries. It is caused by any viral infection settling into the heart muscle. It can be found and detected with several test by a Cardiologist especially if you advised that you had a viral infection. They know how to treated the infection. Once the infections is gone, the person simply needs to rest and not engage in strenuous exercise or activities for at least six months. The problem is if someone get COVID and they do not see a cardiologist for evaluation. The biggest treat is those that are asymptomatic and never get treated.

Reactions: nynole1

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

Oh I believe it's real and it's not really Danny's message, he's just the messenger here repeating MDs and PHDs. It's just interesting to me they seem to have made such a huge decision on a single report.

Show me an expert in any field and I'll show you another who disagrees with them.

Reactions: 79Noles02
Could those conference make a change and say we are starting in late September or is it just too late. Think the PAC 12 is done no matter what because of what’s going on in Cali and Arizona.

Very few people think that it is a complete hoax. While terrible for a specific group of the population (elderly, underlying health conditions, etc), the reality of this disease is that it is more flu-like for the rest of the population. Instead, I think a lot of people are skeptical on the numbers because it has become politicized due to this being an election year, the money guaranteed to hospitals for patients who are positive or on ventilators and the stories we've heard about false positives, a motorcycle death counted as COVID and people getting positive results who were never even tested.

.https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...tested-for-covid-19-received-positive-results

Last edited:
Very few people think that it is a complete hoax. While terrible for a specific group of the population (elderly, underlying health conditions, etc), the reality of this disease is that it is more flu-like for the rest of the population. Instead, I think a lot of people are skeptical because it has become politicized due to this being an election year, the money guaranteed to hospitals for patients who are positive or on respirators and the stories we've heard about false positives, a motorcycle death counted as COVID and people getting positive results who were never even tested.

.https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...tested-for-covid-19-received-positive-results
You summed it up very well.

Not surprising since the NEJM & the Lancet both had to redact their articles on the 66,000 patient study showing hcq wasn’t effect, turns out their was a formal inquiry and the data sets could not be verified which is unheard of. Trust no one lots of fishy agendas out there.

A friend of mine who works for a large central Florida hospital group said we shouldn't believe many of the numbers. Lots of errors with classification of illness and data collection.

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

If Covid haD been around during the wars we wouldn’t have had as many deaths due to war. They would have fallen into Covid category if found to have covid at time of death or post mortem.

See what I did there and why so many folks have issue with the death total number?

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

How many of those deaths are actually due to covid? That is where the problem lies. How many were even confirmed to have covid rather than just exposed to covid?

zwbrooks86 said:

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

Yes, for a small percentage of the population it is EXTREMELY real and will kill them.

Stop providing clear factual scientific context .. it kills his argument on stopping college ball ..
This is the subject .. should the B10 have bailed do to the study ...

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

Unfortunately most of the public is choosing to believe the politicians over the medical professionals. Whose health care advise are you going to trust, your family doctor or a politician? I’m opting to trust our health care professionals!

Reactions: rjstf
Myocarditis has been around year decades if not centuries. It is caused by any viral infection settling into the heart muscle. It can be found and detected with several test by a Cardiologist especially if you advised that you had a viral infection. They know how to treated the infection. Once the infections is gone, the person simply needs to rest and not engage in strenuous exercise or activities for at least six months. The problem is if someone get COVID and they do not see a cardiologist for evaluation. The biggest treat is those that are asymptomatic and never get treated.
So are you saying there should be a concern for young people that get a positive diagnosis of Covid, that are a symptomatic, that these people could have underlying infection in their heart muscle?

And if that’s the case, let’s cancel all sports (including football) to avoid this risk?

How about if every mature adult (18 years or older) signs a release that includes possible health problems from playing football then? Oh wait, they already do sign these releases.

Unfortunately most of the public is choosing to believe the politicians over the medical professionals. Whose health care advise are you going to trust, your family doctor or a politician? I’m opting to trust our health care professionals!
Health professionals also tell us to eat healthy and yet roughly 647,000 Americans die from heart disease each year—that’s 1 in every 4 deaths. People will always make up own their own mind regardless of whether it's in their best interest, which includes making conscious decisions everyday that affect their health... has nothing to do with politicians

It’s ironic. . Inserting death counts from major wars into the Covid context is exactly the type of BS that the poster you quoted was alluding to.

No one is saying it’s not real

This is not ironic. It's exactly the kind of context that's needed to compare it's relative significance. Many of these total death numbers may be off but they still aren't ironic in the least.

The overall deaths reported differ from source to source, but even in the best case lower range, they out number death totals from most war in the past 70 years. That is significant.

Reactions: rjstf
The college football leadership at all levels has been absolutely pathetic in general. The NCAA has been completely worthless in this whole matter and everyone else basically sat around and did nothing for five months. No plans, no contingency plans. Just keep kicking the can down the road. Well guess what? Time ran out. And despite having five months to come up with something, anything at all, they still didn’t have a plan. Just like they talk about a spring season, but guess what, they don’t have a plan for that either. Despite having five months to come up with such a plan.

This is not ironic. It's exactly the kind of context that's needed to compare it's relative significance. Many of these total death numbers may be off but they still aren't ironic in the least.

The overall deaths reported differ from source to source, but even in the best case lower range, they out number death totals from most war in the past 70 years. That is significant.

Absolutely wrong & abhorrent to compare casualties of war with covid deaths. There’s plenty of previous plagues & viruses statistics that could’ve been used to shed light on the significance of this virus.

If you don’t get the difference, than there’s nothing else to discuss. Period.

Reactions: Nwnole87

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

Give the stat on deaths under 25

I still don’t understand the argument. The kids can opt out. It’s not like they don’t have a choice. If it’s about the kids health then they should never play football in the first place because of CTE.

Everyone has a choice. Now keep on debating the nonsense. Too many sheep on this board.

It has nothing to do with being "treated". Myocarditis and/or pericarditis can result from a number of viruses, coxsackie being one of the well known culprits. The vast, overwhelming majority of the time, virus-mediated inflammation of the heart muscle or heart lining resolves uneventfully. Very, very rarely a dilated cardiomyopathy may be the sequella which, if severe enough, can result in a sudden cardiac death or congestive heart failure.

Again, this complication can occur as a result of infection with a number of common, well-known viruses; fortunately the odds are extremely low.

Does COVID-19 infection bring a higher risk of long term cardiac complication?
Well, we have accumulated a lot of empirical evidence, given the infection has been spreading around the world since last December (or longer). Millions have been infected (CNN has a running tally on their screen nearly 24/7), including thousands and thousands of younger people, professional and amateur athletes among them.
Has there been a spike in sudden cardiac deaths or congestive heart failure in young persons, including athletes who have continued their sports participation post-infection?
Nope.

If sports participation naysayers were truly concerned about myocarditis, and not simply using this well known complication of viral infections to drive an agends, then they should simply advocate for cardiac evaluation of any athlete who tests positive for COVID-19, symptomatic or not. It would be statistically extraordinarily unlikely to find a single person with a severe dilated cardiomyopathy, but cardiac evaluation would at least be a reassurance to an athlete and his or her family.

If Covid haD been around during the wars we wouldn’t have had as many deaths due to war. They would have fallen into Covid category if found to have covid at time of death or post mortem.

See what I did there and why so many folks have issue with the death total number?
Amen

US deaths WW1 = 116,516

If you got paid money to report the death of a patient in a care facility for elderly which accounts for “ take a pick”

30, 35,40,% and federal aid is tied to case count early on
You would report ever mortality as COVID related IMHO

I am going to level with you My wife and I both have had COVID 19 and it was traced to Costco in Tallahassee

The 8 days we were down was a bitch I am 62 my wife is 65

It would effect a unhealthy
Person with fever and breathing issues I see that but we slept a lot , had fever, and felt like crap for 8 days and it took another 4-5 days before we were 100%

Have had several acquaintances in South Georgia that died but everyone had serious cardio or diabetic issues

it is real but it is not the plaque of the 1800’s and the treatments are getting much better and our doctor was outstanding

So Is it as bad as advertised depends on you individually

Let’s see what happens in the next 100 days , my bet is of the 168,000 maybe 100 were under the age of 40

Stay safe

The concern over COVID-19 and heart disease is based upon far more than "one" study. There have been several research papers that raise the same red flag, and there is growing anecdotal evidence involving young, healthy people.

I would have expected better from Danny Kanell, whom, one presumes, was given a fine education. Some of you seem to be disdainful of science when it doesn't support your assumptions. You are very generous with other people's lives.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/08/08/athletes-coronavirus-heart-complications/

Reactions: Spearhead04
I still don’t understand the argument. The kids can opt out. It’s not like they don’t have a choice. If it’s about the kids health then they should never play football in the first place because of CTE.

Everyone has a choice. Now keep on debating the nonsense. Too many sheep on this board.
Excellent post

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT