ADVERTISEMENT

Privileged questions?

Squirm all you want but no, posting provocative stuff you don’t even believe just to test it out or see what reactions you get might be “normal” for you, but as others in that earlier thread rightly labeled it, it’s trolling. It contributes to ruining the message board experience.

There are all kinds of forum tools and other tools we use in our daily lives that are not intended to be used in the way you do, to throw out shit and then erase your tracks. You can own it, accidentally or not, as you already have (in more than just the one post I happened to save), or choose to be a better, more “normal” board citizen, or not.
I don’t make the rules. But there’s no rule against holding someone accountable on a message board. You do you.

Maybe this will help you. The point to arguing positions you don’t agree with is to better understand all aspects of an argument. I can argue your position without strawmanning your argument. . I don’t think you can argue mine without strawmanning. Ie, to argue your positions I just have to present inaccurate versions of whatever you’re arguing against. When I read through this thread, I mostly skimmed/skipped your posts because the arguments you make are typically not relevant to the argument you’re trying to counter. I’m not ripping you. This is a very common problem and, in particular, in politically charged arguments where the most common strategy is a strawman.

Last edited:

Maybe this will help you. The point to arguing positions you don’t agree with is to better understand all aspects of an argument. I can argue your position without strawmanning your argument. . I don’t think you can argue mine without strawmanning. Ie, to argue your positions I just have to present inaccurate versions of whatever you’re arguing against. When I read through this thread, I mostly skimmed/skipped your posts because the arguments you make are typically not relevant to the argument you’re trying to counter. I’m not ripping you. This is a very common problem and, in particular, in politically charged arguments where the most common strategy is a strawman.
Intentional gaslighting, Bandit Nole, and it's not cool.

Your wording is intentionally condescending, and most of your posts circle around with a not so veiled attempt at belittling others.

Ever take debate or be on a debate team?

But, gaslighting is the new normal.

I’m
Intentional gaslighting, Bandit Nole, and it's not cool.

Your wording is intentionally condescending, and most of your posts circle around with a not so veiled attempt at belittling others.

Ever take debate or be on a debate team?

But, gaslighting is the new normal.
I’m not gaslighting. 61 cast the first stone at me. You agree with his positions. That’s fine. But, my post is simply a riposte and an explanation. Happens to be a true explanation. And, it’s also so that 61 uses strawmen frequently. I am not the only one to point this out, but that hardly matters. It’s just true.

Most of my posts are not belittling. In political discussions, I do adopt an aggressive style. But, much of that is about the shitty form of the arguments I’m responding to. Note, my posts in this thread prior to stones from 61 were perfectly respectful and friendly.

And yes, I’ve been heavily involved in debate. And, even in real life, I tend to volunteer to make whatever the most difficult argument is to defend in scenarios where that’s needed.

In our last thread, you condescendingly remarked on my lack of reading when I argued that nazism could be more accurately construed as a left wing manifestation. You highlighted your background in history. That’s fine. I’m not mad about that. I even acknowledged the prevailing thought that it is right wing. I offered an internally consistent version of why it’s not. And, I was attempting to relate it to authoritarianism as the key definitional point, splitting liberalism from leftism. In our modern political landscape, this is quite germane. But you appeared irritated by the earlier discussion in that thread with brainvision as I characterized his positions expressed as totalitarian in form. He didn’t like it. Accused me of insulting him, which I didn’t agree with. Dfs, leftist mod here and old boys club w brainvision, edited my posts and agreed with brainvision. That’s fine. He’s the mod.

I am guilty of arguing too aggressively at times. I do agree with that. I’ve also been wrong on some of my positions over the years.

Again, I’m reminded that I should not post here.

Last edited:
I’m

I’m not gaslighting. 61 cast the first stone at me. You agree with his positions. That’s fine. But, my post is simply a riposte and an explanation. Happens to be a true explanation. And, it’s also so that 61 uses strawmen frequently. I am not the only one to point this out, but that hardly matters. It’s just true.

Most of my posts are not belittling. In political discussions, I do adopt an aggressive style. But, much of that is about the shitty form of the arguments I’m responding to. Note, my posts in this thread prior to stones from 61 were perfectly respectful and friendly.

And yes, I’ve been heavily involved in debate. And, even in real life, I tend to volunteer to make whatever the most difficult argument is to defend in scenarios where that’s needed.

In our last thread, you condescendingly remarked on my lack of reading when I argued that nazism could be more accurately construed as a left wing manifestation. You highlighted your background in history. That’s fine. I’m not mad about that. I even acknowledged the prevailing thought that it is right wing. I offered an internally consistent version of why it’s not. And, I was attempting to relate it to authoritarianism as the key definitional point, splitting liberalism from leftism. In our modern political landscape, this is quite germane. But you appeared irritated by the earlier discussion in that thread with brainvision as I characterized his positions expressed as totalitarian in form. He didn’t like it. Accused me of insulting him, which I didn’t agree with. Dfs, leftist mod here and old boys club w brainvision, edited my posts and agreed with brainvision. That’s fine. He’s the mod.

Again, I’m reminded that I should not post here.
LOL at you ever using “note my posts…” in defense of your purposefully disruptive posting style.
Nobody can “note your posts”, since you delete many or most (per your own repeated admission), and you claim that’s totally cool because we’re provided the functionality to delete, as if having the tool means we’re intended to use it just as recklessly as you do.
Bizarre. Enjoy yourself.

LOL at you ever using “note my posts…” in defense of your purposefully disruptive posting style.
Nobody can “note your posts”, since you delete many or most (per your own repeated admission), and you claim that’s totally cool because we’re provided the functionality to delete, as if having the tool means we’re intended to use it just as recklessly as you do.
Bizarre. Enjoy yourself.
Agree to disagree. Go noles!

ps, before you freak out and notice that my post had more info in it than you quoted, I was editing while you were responding.

Last edited:
Also

Oh, and I might add, it’s pretty bizarre to take a pic of a post to save for later use this way. Doubly so, given that it describes normal forum behavior (eg, brainvision in this very thread).

“Here’s a post of you saying you edit and delete posts for a variety of reasons on a forum in which there’s an edit and delete button to use for a variety of reasons. Gotcha!!”
Its very bizarre. Even more bizarre and comedic at the same time is the poster your replying to takes it upon himself to "hold someone accountable on a message board". Accountable to who? LMFAO
Anyway, very good posts on your part.
Sincerely
Noletaire

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT