ADVERTISEMENT

Ran across Odell (added some more on the interaction and some player stuff I saw)

simonfsu

Veteran Seminole Insider
Oct 17, 2010
Just wanted to share a quick encounter I had with Odell this past weekend. I was in and out of the facilities at Doak for an event that was there over the weekend. On the last day after we packed up I was walking with a couple friends to leave and here comes Odell walking near the locker room. I said “Hey coach how’s it going” he said hello and we quickly chatted. What was so awesome about the whole quick encounter was not even my encounter with him but how he treated people that work there. One of the cleaning service ladies was walking by and we both grabbed the door for her and then he helped her wheel in her mop and trash can. He is an
I’ll add even more about the encounter because man I was in awe in his energy. Like you could feel it. My two coworker friends that were next to me even said wow. They don’t really know about him and I screamed “That’s Odell! He is such a great man” they were amazed by that

so here is some more to the encounter:
In no way am I saying that a “janitor” is bellow me but there are a lot of people that don’t even notice them just walk by like it’s part of the furniture. Odell remembered her name. He asked her by her first name “how is your day going” and then asked about her coworker Louis(remembered that one) and if he’s on tonight with her. She said “No just me tonight” and you could feel the compassion when he said “Awe sorry about that.” This is during the pushing of her mop bucket and trash can. He smiled and waved to her and then proceeded to tell us how awesome the cleaning service they have here is. Not sure if he was the only coach in the building Sunday night but during the event we’d get updated about what’s going in the facilities. Sunday was a day off for the coaches to be with their families from what the admin told us. This was 8 pm and he was putting work in. I wasn’t sure if people would like this as much as I did so didn’t wanna make it too long but since everyone is loving it I thought I’d expand lol

Also I was there from Wednesday to Sunday. On Wednesday those boys were running back and forth from the IPF to the Weight room at least four times and it had to have been a 2-3 hour span. Also I was walking by the Myrone Rolle case with the I think the Rhode Scoller award and Terry was on the phone and he said “I’ll let you know when I’m down and we can hang out but I gotta hit the weight room. Seemed like these boys are focused. They were walking with a little more bounce and I’m not just saying that. Our big men are very tall lol Not sure which guy was which for the big men, but they look solid.

UPDATED WITH MORE

I’ll add even more about the encounter because man I was in awe with his authentic and genuine energy. Like you could feel it. My two coworker friends, that were next to me even said wow! They don’t really know about him and I screamed “That’s Odell! He is such a great man” they were amazed by how you could just feel that he is a nice man.

so here is some more to the encounter:
In no way am I saying that a “janitor” is bellow me but there are a lot of people that don’t even notice them. They just walk by like it’s a piece of the furniture. Odell remembered her name. He asked her by her first name “how is your day going” and then asked about her coworker Louis(remembered that one) and if he’s on tonight with her. She said “No just me tonight” and you could feel the compassion when he said “Awe sorry about that.” This is during the pushing of her mop bucket and trash can. He smiled and waved to her and then proceeded to tell us how awesome the cleaning service they have here is. Not sure if he was the only coach in the building Sunday night, but during the event we’d get updated about what’s going in the facilities. Sunday was a day off for the coaches to be with their families, from what the admin told us. This was 8 pm and he was putting work in. I wasn’t sure if people would like this as much as I did so didn’t wanna make it too long but since everyone is loving it. I thought I’d expand lol

Also I was there from Wednesday to Sunday. On Wednesday those boys were running back and forth from the IPF to the Weight room at least four times and it had to have been a 2-3 hour span. Also I was walking by the Myrone Rolle case, which I believe was the Rhode Scoller award. Terry was on the phone and he said “I’ll let you know when I’m finished and we can chill but I gotta hit the weight room.” Seemed like these boys are focused. They were walking with a little more bounce and I’m not just saying that because I’m being a biased fan.
Our big men are very tall lol Not sure which guy was which for the big men, but they look solid.

last thing I promise:
One of the current students was interning with the company I was helping out and we were chatting up FSU. He said Marvin Wilson is in one of his classes and he was saying how nice of a guy he is.

okay that’s it I think lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News