ADVERTISEMENT

Rate these QB’S

jaswinnie

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 5, 2007
Thought it would be interesting to see where Jameis rates against the new young QB’S. I am just listing them in any order you guys rank them from best to worse

Jimmy Garapolo
Deshaun Watson
Carson Wentz
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Russell Wilson
Mitch Trubisky
Jameis Winston
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins
Tyrod Taylor
Derek Carr

Pretty bad when Kizer a young QB in Cleveland can’t even get on the list.

I’d put him ahead of trubisky and Taylor

Excuses excuses excuses. Jameis team is not good but that is not his main problem. Turnovers are his problem. He could get away with it in college but this NFL is a different BEAST. He needs to cut down his turnovers drastically or he will be a #1 pick BUST! This is coming from JW fan but you cannot turnover the ball at his rate and be successful in the NFL.

Reactions: Leben
Thought it would be interesting to see where Jameis rates against the new young QB’S. I am just listing them in any order you guys rank them from best to worse

Jimmy Garapolo
Deshaun Watson
Carson Wentz
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Russell Wilson
Mitch Trubisky
Jameis Winston
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins
Tyrod Taylor
Derek Carr

Wilson
Wentz
Watson
Carr
Cousins
Winston
Goff
Mariota
Jimmy G
Dak
Taylor
Mitch

Excuses excuses excuses. Jameis team is not good but that is not his main problem. Turnovers are his problem. He could get away with it in college but this NFL is a different BEAST. He needs to cut down his turnovers drastically or he will be a #1 pick BUST! This is coming from JW fan but you cannot turnover the ball at his rate and be successful in the NFL.

Maybe if his team was good he wouldn't have all those turnovers

Reactions: SneakerHead_
Maybe if his team was good he wouldn't have all those turnovers

More excuses...... SMH. More than half those QBs teams aren't good. That's why you draft a QB at #1. Maybe if you would look at Jameis and stop making excuses you would also realize he is turning the ball over too much. Jimmy G plays for a bad team. What is the excuse for his 4-0 start as a 49er? JW is a star QB but if he continues at this rate will be hard to call him a star QB in the nfl. I think his coach is garbage but JW can help himself by limiting his turnovers.

Not giving excuses...over half those guys on that list have a better defense, OL and RB. That make a QB try to press more than he should. Look no further than his freshman and sophomore year..defense was horrible and OL trash. Also look at Eli, no OL or running game and they are trash this year

Jameis does try to play hero ball too often which leads to many of his turnovers but his accomplishments outweigh his issues IMO.

NFL Records
Youngest player to pass for 4000 yards
Most seasons passing for 4000 yards to begin a career
Second youngest to 10,000 yards
Youngest player to pass for 40 TDs

He also holds by himself or is tied on 14 Tampa Bay records

He does need help on the O-line and running back. Having a defense that doesn't rank near the bottom of every category would help too. Maybe then he wouldn't feel he has to win every game by himself.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Jameis does try to play hero ball too often which leads to many of his turnovers but his accomplishments outweigh his issues IMO.

NFL Records
Youngest player to pass for 4000 yards
Most seasons passing for 4000 yards to begin a career
Second youngest to 10,000 yards
Youngest player to pass for 40 TDs

He also holds by himself or is tied on 14 Tampa Bay records

He does need help on the O-line and running back. Having a defense that doesn't rank near the bottom of every category would help too. Maybe then he wouldn't feel he has to win every game by himself.

You have to take the yardage records with a grain of salt. For one, rookie QBs used to sit a year or even 2 in a lot cases, and two, passing #s are inflated for everyone these days. He can certainly play, though he does need to cut down on mistakes (though he only through 8 ints in 12 games this year, so thats not that bad) but I also dont think the yardage #s mean nearly as much these days. For instance, Mathew Stafford is 29 and a good solid QB, but not great, and within 2 years has a decent shot at being top 15 all time in passing yards (at 31 years old), and barring injury will certainly be top 20.

Jimmy Garapolo
Deshaun Watson
Carson Wentz
Marcus Mariota
Jared Goff
Russell Wilson
Mitch Trubisky
Jameis Winston
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins
Tyrod Taylor
Derek Carr

I think it is pretty difficult to really rate these guys right now. I think Wilson has to be # 1, but at this point he has been around long enough to be considered a veteran, so he isnt really at the same point in his career as most of the other guys. Winston, Mariota, and Carr all had down years IMO, so hard to know if it is injury plagued seasons, or something else that will be problems going forward. All have shown potential, but none are really proven yet. And Wentz and Watson looked great before their injuries, but they have to prove they can maintain it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT