ADVERTISEMENT

Rebuild - What needs to be done!!!!! (Defense)

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
DE
  • Tomiwia Durojaiye (JR) 6’4-280
  • Byron Turner (SR) 6’4-250
  • Lamont Greene JR (RFR) 6’3-230
  • Aron Hester (JR) 6’2-245
  • DD Holmes (RFR) 6’6-255
  • Jaden Jones (SR) 6’5-240
  • Marvin Jones (SR) 6’5-255
  • Patrick Payton (SR) 6’5-250
Portal Options
Nyjalik Kelly (Dillard HS-UCF) (8 Tackles – 1TFL-1 Sack) (UCF)
TJ Bush (Bishop Ireton-Virginia) 6'3-250 (3.5 Sacks-9 Tackles) (Liberty)
Kobe Stewart (Thompson HS-Alabama) 6'3-240 (2.5 Sacks)
Jayden Jones (Arkansas State) 6'5 260 (2 Sacks -2 TFL)

Comments: Kelly was once committed to FSU. He went to Miami and had some injury issues. He is now very productive at UCF. FSU should go after Kelly again. FSU did not want to pay for a player who had a history of injuries. Feel he is worth taking a flyer on. TJ Bush out of Liberty has 3.5 sacks this year. He gives you that strong side DE FSU needs. He is very productive.

DT
  • Joshua Farmer (SR) 6’3-320
  • Darrell Jackson (SR) 6’5 330
  • Grady Kelly (SR) 6’2-295
  • Daniel Lyons (JR) 6’4-300
  • KJ Sampson (SO) 6’3-305
  • D’Nas White (RFR) 6’4-335
  • Jamorie Flagg (RFR) 6’3-315
  • Kevin Wynn (TFR) 6’2-320
Comments: Losing Myron Charles is huge. I would go after Floyd Boucard. He was committed to Oklahoma. He has since opened up his recruitment. He was better than Charles at the UA Camp earlier this year. He never showed up at FSU this spring but now it is time to make him a priority. Also feel FSU needs to go all in on Jeremiah McCloud who is committed to UF. Jarquez Carter committed to Ohio State. I could see them pushing him out for better prospects at DT. FSU has options. FSU has decisions to make if they can't sign quality HS DT. Farmer and Jackson both have extra years. You got to bring them back. I feel if you can bring back Farmer, Jackson and have Sampson and Lyons one year older FSU rotation at DT would be very good next year. Wynn needs to stick in FSU class. We have to wait and see what the portal brings.

LB
  • Justin Cryer (JR) 6’1-230
  • Omar Graham (JR) 6’1-240
  • Timir Hickman Collins (RFR) 6’0-220
  • Shawn Murphy (JR) 6’2-230
  • Blake Nichelson (JR) 6’3-225
  • Jayden Parrish (RFR) 6’1-225
  • Demarco Ward (SO) 6’1220
  • Ethan Pritchard (TFR) 6’2-210
  • Max Redmon (TFR) 6’1-190
Portal Options
Xavian Sorey (Graceville) 6'3-225 (10 Solo/13 Assisted-23 Total-Leads ARK) 3.0 TFL
Gabe Jacas-(Fort Pierce Central) 6'3-275 (1 Sack, 3 TFL, 12 Tackles) (Illinois)
TJ Capers - (Columbus HS) 6'2-220 (1 Int)
Stanquan Clark (Miami Killian) 11 Tackles (Louisville)

Comments

Could the linebacker position be better, SURE. That being said I like Cryer and feel he can be an all-conference type player next year. Nichelson is a prospect that is new to the position. You will see be in the right spot. He did fill the hole last week and get pushed back but that can be fixed with weight training and learning proper technique. His instincts show that the kid is in the right position. I still expect FSU to bring in some high school backers. Redmon will most likely move to linebacker once on campus. Ward/Nichelson, Parrish/.Cryer is a good start. One way to fix the position is go and get a legit backer out of the PORTAL. Start with Xavian Sorey. He is from Florida. 23 Tackles, 3 Tackle for loss. He is at Arkansas and their coach is going to get fired. RAID THE HOGS.

S
  • Ashylind Parker (JR) 6’3-215
  • Shyheim Brown (SR) 6’2-210
  • Conrad Hussey (JR) 6’0-200
  • Edwin Joseph (SO) 6’0-190
  • KJ Kirkland (RSO) 6’1-210
  • Earl Little (RJR) 6’1-190
  • Quindarrius Jones (JR) 6’2-190
  • Gregory Thomas (TFR) 6’2-190
Portal Options
Ladarius Tennison (Rockledge-UCF) (8 Tackles)
Jaheim Singletary (Riverside HS) (1 Interception - 6 Tackles)
TJ Metcalf (Pinson Alabama HS) 6'1-200 (Arkansas) (21 Tackles)
CJ Heard (Woodward Academy HS) 6'0-200 (FAU) 20 Tackles -2nd in Tackles at FAU
Phillip Dunnam (North Miami Beach HS) 6'1-190 (FAU) (2 Interceptions-9th in Tackles)

Comments: Phillip Dunnam should have been recruited out of NMB in HS. He played very well at Indiana. He has since transferred to FAU. He has 2 interceptions and in 9th in tackles on the team. He would fit in nicely at FSU. He is similar to Jammie Robinson. He would give FSU a calming presence in the secondary. Singletary was a big time recruit out of high school. He signed with Georgia and is now at Arkansas. He is one of Arkansas better defensive backs. Bring him home...Kid can play. CJ Ward was committed to FSU. He is someone that was pushed out of their class. Good kid who liked FSU. Well all he has done at FAU is be their second leading tackler (20). I am sure he would be an easy pull.

CB
  • Cai Bates (RFR) 6’2-190
  • Jamari Howard (RFR) 6’1-190
  • Ricky Knight (RFR) 6’0-170
  • Charles Lester (RFR) 6’1-190
  • Jabril Rawls (RFR) 6’1-180
  • AZ Thomas (SR) 6’2-190***

Portal Options:

Xavier Scott (Dwyer HS-University of Illinois) (JR) 3 Interceptions
Braeden Marshall (Lake Mary-UCF) (JR) 7 Tackles
Antoine Jackson (Dillard-UCF) (SO) (4 Tackles, 1 INT-2 PBU)

Comments: Xai as he is known was a prospect I was very high on coming out of Dwyer. He is another kid who got out of the state of Florida. If Xai does not leave to the NFL, FSU needs to hope the kid hits the portal and they can land him. He is a prospect has can move around in the secondary and give you some versatility.

K/P
Jake Weinberg (RFR) 5’10-190 (FR)

Comments: FSU is going to need a punter. I am sure they will bring in a punter this off-season.

Reactions: SERecruit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.