ADVERTISEMENT

Roster Clean-Up this Spring

FSU91

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
A.J. Lytton was one of the guys that I had highlighted as a possible attrition candidate. My thoughts are that he sees himself as 2nd string (at best) this year and that he wants to be a starter. He was a very highly rated recruit and he's been behind two other highly rated recruits (Samuels and Samuel) and he was likely to remain behind at least two other highly rated recruits.

He's a true-JR and can transfer and sit out in 2020 and still have two years of eligibility, and I wish him nothing but the best at his new school.

So that gets us to 84 guys on scholarship right now by my count (current guys and signees) which means that we likely still need to see a couple more guys lost to attrition to make room for 2-3 new scholarship guys that we want/expect:
  • LB transfer Jones (not on scholarship at this point)
  • grad transfer OT
  • grad transfer TE
Here are the other current guys that I have highlighted as possible transfers or guys that may just give up football:
  • OL Mike Arnold -- fifth-year guy who is not likely to make the two-deep
  • OL Christian Meadows -- would be R-SO who has been injured most of the time he's been here
  • DB Carlos Becker -- I don't want for him to leave; I hope that he is a key for us at DB
  • DE Joshua Kaindoh -- I don't want for him to leave; I hope that he is a key for us at DE
Arnold is the only one that I don't think can help our team here. And I didn't list either OL Jay Williams or LB Decalon Brooks because I just don't think that either is going to leave this year on their own.

DB was/is our deepest position group where we had 16 scholarship players and now have 15. But we've got a few guys out in the spring and I'm curious as to who they will have playing where. Biggest question for me is ... where does Jay line up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News