ADVERTISEMENT

School Bans Child’s Wonder Woman Lunchbox – Considered Too Violent

alaskanseminole

Seminole Insider
Oct 20, 2002
A child’s school has banned her lunchbox, because it features the comic book character Wonder Woman.

The school sent the unnamed girl home with a letter for her parents, explaining why they deem it inappropriate – which a family friend and Reddit user has posted online for the world to weigh in on.

Reddit user twines18 posted a photo of the letter sent, along with a couple of snaps of the child’s lunchbox, explaining that the school finds Wonder Woman to be a figure that represents violence.

But it’s not just this particular superhero that the school has it in for – they don’t allow any superheroes to be worn on clothing, backpacks or lunchboxes of the children.

“We noticed that Laura has a Wonder Woman lunchbox that features a super hero image,” reads the letter. “In keeping with the dress code of the school, we must ask she not bring this to school. The dress code we have established requests that the children not bring violent images into the building in any fashion – on their clothing (including shoes and socks), backpacks and lunchboxes.

“We have defined ‘violent characters’ as those who solve problems using violence. Super heroes certainly fall into that category.”

ac5470dbd2d4de9bf04ac5b8cbea30e5

f5e4b02ad4344350bbc94780833965ad

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/school-bans-childs-wonder-woman-lunchbox-083018166.html

I'd send my kid to school with an Abraham Lincoln and George Washington lunchbox. Those guys solved problems with violence too...

Reactions: Scalphunter
Lynda Carter (who is still hot in her older age), weighed in on Twitter, and let that school have an earful. If I were that school, I wouldn't piss off the real Wonder Woman. I think her Twitter username is @RealLyndaCarter

I seriously would love to talk to those school administrators. If they think that Wonder Woman lunchbox is violent then they must live in very sheltered houses.

It may be a true story, however, I am very cautious these days about believing the interwebz--especially when the story seems to spring spontaneously on Reddit and no one has confirmed the school or family.

Reactions: LesClaypool
I have a 1970s NFL metal lunch box with the old time logos on each helmet and the kickers face mask. I have Star Wars trilogy boxes from the 80s too. I have my sisters Strawberry Shortcake Box as well. I thought about giving it to my daughter whom is 7 now.

That's silly. If you wanted to ban it because it is thinly veiled S&M, I'd get that... I wouldn't agree with it, but I'd get it.
images

It is impossible for me to understand how someone comes up with this idea at all, much less that a group of grown ups all agree to it.

And lunch boxes. They are clearly part of the problem.

Lunchboxes are, indeed, a tool of violence. I remember in 6th grade, I was flirting with a girl named Kim in the typical way of 6th grade boys at the time, sneaking up behind her and popping her bra strap. Of course, nowadays I'd be kicked out of school & forced to register as a sexual predator - but in the early-mid 70s girls just handled it on their own. Kim's method of handling it was to whirl around & bash me in the head with her lunch box.

They should definitely ban lunch boxes.

Lunchboxes are, indeed, a tool of violence. I remember in 6th grade, I was flirting with a girl named Kim in the typical way of 6th grade boys at the time, sneaking up behind her and popping her bra strap. Of course, nowadays I'd be kicked out of school & forced to register as a sexual predator - but in the early-mid 70s girls just handled it on their own. Kim's method of handling it was to whirl around & bash me in the head with her lunch box.

Perv.

;)

C'mon SeaPa. Everyone knows the move is to unsnap-duck, unsnap-duck.

It has to be a private school. If I had a dollar for every comic book character on our campus each day, I'd be eating out every night. Look at the letter, it's addressed to Daniel and Sarah. I know it's easier to blame the liberals and big bureaucracy, but it appears like something from a private school.
Who has time to worry about this anyway? This school has too much time on their hands.

Kids are also banned from making "finger guns" with their thumbs/index fingers. Just too violent, you know. Not sure where the lunacy will end.

This is one of my problems with modern-day education: plenty of focus on complete BS like this, but the quality of in-class instruction continues to deteriorate. With low pay and silly policies like these, the best and brightest folks obviously are not drawn to education. Would like to meet the idiots who (a) formulated the Wonder Woman policy; and (b) signed his/her name to a letter complaining about said lunchbox.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT