18) Ole Miss
19) Texas A&M
20) Mississippi State
21) Northwestern
22) Temple
23) UCLA
24) Toledo
25) Houston

Lots of ridiculously overrated SEC teams there (esp at the bottom that have no business being there) and we need to hope Notre Dame loses again.

Notre Dame's one loss is to the #1 team on the road and Alabama's to #18 at home. Makes perfect sense that Bama would be higher ranked. Bias? Nooo.

Yeah there's lots of inconsistencies. Baylor gets penalized for playing no one but Ohio State isn't?

Reactions: CJRN
If Alabama beats LSU this weekend I can see them being a justified #4. However, at this point I think they should be closer to 8 or 9.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
So just to get above Alabama it looks as if though they will have to lose out and we (FSU) have to win out..
A loss to LSU won't hurt them when a loss to a 2 loss Ole Miss obviously didn't.

The committee is making sure there will be a SEC team in the top four regardless.

That's exactly what I said. Cover the contingency of the horrible Ole Miss winning out and winning the SEC by having Memphis and Bama hyperinflated. And have all of the SEC teams who haven't beaten anybody of substance but still have a decent record hovering in the Top 25 for "quality" wins.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
The committee is making sure there will be a SEC team in the top four regardless.

6 SEC teams in the top 20. I was told the chairman of the committee is a notorious hater of the SEC ... uh wait a second. And Clemson is #1. I can't wait to see his reaction when he gets back from his contestant appearance on the game show Let's Make A Deal.

At least they didn't start with 3 SEC teams in the top 4 this year.

Reactions: FSUTribe76 and CJRN
1) Clemson
2) LSU
3) Ohio State
4) Alabama
5) Notre Dame
6) Baylor
7) Michigan State
8) TCU
9) Iowa
10) Florida
11) Stanford
12) Utah
13) Memphis
14) Oklahoma State
15) Oklahoma
16) Florida State
17) Michigan
18) Ole Miss
19) Texas A&M
20) Mississippi State
21) Northwestern
22) Temple
23) UCLA
24) Toledo
25) Houston

IMO I think MSU over Bama but again ESPN and the committee are not the SEC nut.

Hopefully no hard feelings...

6 SEC teams in the top 20. I was told the chairman of the committee is a notorious hater of the SEC ... uh wait a second. And Clemson is #1. I can't wait to see his reaction when he gets back from his contestant appearance on the game show Let's Make A Deal.

At least they didn't start with 3 SEC teams in the top 4 this year.

Well literally a couple of hours after the "geniuses" met to reveal their top 25, number 24 Toledo lost at home to a three loss Northern Illinois team that lost its starting QB in the start of the second quarter and their best WR shortly thereafter and had to rely on a frosh QB to lead them to victory. Good game but emphasizes they have no clue what's going on.

Here is the top four from week one of last year:

1. Mississippi State

2. Florida State

3. Auburn

4. Mississippi

Ohio State was No. 17.

Here is the top four from week one of last year:

1. Mississippi State

2. Florida State

3. Auburn

4. Mississippi

Ohio State was No. 17.

I agree that it's too early to really care. But it's troubling that they've basically said an SEC team will always be in regardless of how bad the conference is (and it is very bad this year) and that Notre Dame is in if it wins out.

There was a thread on the TC a couple weeks ago, where someone simply asked "Not who should be number 1, but who is the best team" and the majority of people said Alabama. No matter what the rankings were, this fanbase was going to claim SEC bias.

My favorite is Texas A&M being ranked #20 and one spot behind Ole Miss in these initial rankings. Considering that Ole Miss trounced Texas A&M 23-3 on 10/24 and Alabama handled Texas A&M 41-23 on 10/17. The Aggies shouldn't even be in the top 25 and they are being treated as a "quality" win for Alabama. BAU though.

There was a thread on the TC a couple weeks ago, where someone simply asked "Not who should be number 1, but who is the best team" and the majority of people said Alabama. No matter what the rankings were, this fanbase was going to claim SEC bias.

I actually don't have too much problem with Alabama in the top 5. My problem is all of the other SEC teams being highly rated. The SEC has been awful this year, they've lost a fair amount of OOC despite seldom playing decent teams OOC and then squeaked by others. For example, Arkansas lost at home to Toledo and more embarrassingly got destroyed by Texas Tech who is the 8th best team in the Big "12" which really has 10 teams. Meanwhile Arkansas is good enough to beat Tennessee at Tennessee (a "quality" UF win) and lose to Alabama and Texas A&M by only a TD.

If Alabama beats LSU this weekend I can see them being a justified #4. However, at this point I think they should be closer to 8 or 9.

Even if Bama beats LSU, if Ole Miss wins out they're the SEC champion and in the SEC title game. Does anyone honestly think a team that doesn't win its division, much less its conference, has a chance of being in the final 4?

Even if Bama beats LSU, if Ole Miss wins out they're the SEC champion and in the SEC title game. Does anyone honestly think a team that doesn't win its division, much less its conference, has a chance of being in the final 4?
2011 Alabama says hello.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
What if FSU beats #1 Clemson on the road? How far will Clemson fall? How far will FSU rise? Would they keep Clemson above FSU? That will be a huge drop and or fall for both.
I think LSU needs to win. Having Bama with only 2 losses isn't going to help us by the looks of things. I'd be worried about a 1 loss LSU team staying way up there because it would be a quality road loss.
I'm thinking the way the love for the SEC is they're going to try their best to keep at least 2 teams up in the top 6.

This isn't the SECBCS anymore, though.

(cough) (covered voice) bulls**t (cough). Six SEC teams are in the top 20. If LSU beats Bama, maybe only one SEC team gets in. A 1 loss LSU is in, even if they lose division. If Bama wins out and LSU only loses to Bama, it is probable that both get in. Remind me who played in the MNC in 2001-12? What conference is the Chairman of the committee from? The ACC is generally regarded as a poor conference, why is Clemson #1. Is it possible that an AD from a school trade a vote for another conference to ensure that his team is in the playoffs?

Last year if MS St. had 1 loss, there would have been 2 teams from same division in.

This isn't the SECBCS anymore, though.
But nothing's really changed. Lets face it, there are teams that are overrated (Alabama, Texas A&M and Mississippi State) in the first poll and they will continue to re-shuffle the deck when the eventual losses keep coming. My hope is that Ole Miss runs the table and wins the SEC Championship so that conference is left out of the playoff. However, I have a feeling they'd expand the playoff immediately to 8 teams then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT