Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

GeddyLee09

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 10, 2005

Seems this lady didn't get the desired response or maybe she did. See this a lot these days but it's always been a thing. Most return them but there are some lazy buttholes that leave them in the parking lot or propped up on the curb. I guess its as big a problem as parking properly.

I also take one from the cart corral whether I need one or not. If not I just put it with the rest of the carts inside the door. Just one less cart the grocery bagger has to bring back in.
Nice work. Small things like that add up. It is also another way to get a bit of exercise as every step counts. I usually park way out in the lot and grab a cart heading in. Publix days revisited…

Last edited:
2500 steps to the grocery store? Do you park across the street?
I get about 2 - 2500 if I walk the whole store plus back and forth to the car. I park in the back by the exit so some door slinger in a corolla doesn't park next to me.

Always. 100% of the time no questions asked.. I can’t believe people have no issues leaving them at their spot..

The only time I see an exception is if you are an elderly person who is super slow moving and there is a monsoon rain coming down.

Edit: I read the article.. and I see an argument if you have little kids and are a parent by yourself, leaving your kids to put the cart back.. I get it. I’ll allow exceptions if you feel unsafe.

Last edited:
Always. 100% of the time no questions asked.. I can’t believe people have no issues leaving them at their spot..

The only time I see an exception is if you are an elderly person who is super slow moving and there is a monsoon rain coming down.
This is the same type thing as left lane driving. No reason to do it yet it happens.

Reactions: F4Gary
This is the same type thing as left lane driving. No reason to do it yet it happens.

Agreed. I just edited my response.. I do understand an argument for parents who are by themselves.. leaving a kid in the car alone to put the cart back. I get it.

Although you can lock the car door and return the cart.. so I guess I shot a hole in my own theory.

Well, you just had to do it…
We have a nice little thread going on shopping carts and personal responsibility and then you mention the bane of our Florida existence…LEFT LANE DRIVERS. 😡😱

It’s not just old women in Subarus with a Coexist sticker and a cat lover sticker anymore.
I (and others) had to work around an old phart driving a lovely newer model Lexus SUV on I-10 last Friday. I was on my way to Tally for the baseball game and intent on a new speed record when Gramps got in my way. He got a double stink eye from me as I blew around him at 82 mph. Not an easy feat with the massive amount of truckers on the road.

Agreed. I just edited my response.. I do understand an argument for parents who are by themselves.. leaving a kid in the car alone to put the cart back. I get it.

Although you can lock the car door and return the cart.. so I guess I shot a hole in my own theory.
You can park your car next to the cart corral if you’re a Mom with those concerns.

Well, you just had to do it…
We have a nice little thread going on shopping carts and personal responsibility and then you mention the bane of our Florida existence…LEFT LANE DRIVERS. 😡😱

It’s not just old women in Subarus with a Coexist sticker and a cat lover sticker anymore.
I (and others) had to work around an old phart driving a lovely newer model Lexus SUV on I-10 last Friday. I was on my way to Tally for the baseball game and intent on a new speed record when Gramps got in my way. He got a double stink eye from me as I blew around him at 82 mph. Not an easy feat with the massive amount of truckers on the road.
Its all types now. Soccer moms, young guys with man buns, corollas and civics driving 65 and refusing to move over. I cant figure out if its laziness or stupidity.

I think he means the whole experience. Parking lot, walking the aisles, 3 trips to the bathroom, going back to produce twice.
200w.gif

Seems this lady didn't get the desired response or maybe she did. See this a lot these days but it's always been a thing. Most return them but there are some lazy buttholes that leave them in the parking lot or propped up on the curb. I guess its as big a problem as parking properly.
Most of the time. On occasion if I’m in real hurry i will put it on a curb or somewhere out of the way of cars.

Based on the responses to this poll, we are a very different crowd than that which frequented my Winn Dixie when I was working as bagger. People left buggies everywhere except the corrals. At least once per week, the manager would send two of us on "neighborhood round-up" to retrieve the carts from yards, sidewalks, storm drains, etc.

We definitely had some fun with them on occasion, including "buggy races" in which we would push the buggies with the front bumpers of our cars as fast as we dared to see who could get it to go the farthest. I damn near hit a police cruiser with a launched buggy on one occasion.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT