ADVERTISEMENT

Should DJU do as Milton did?

Landis85

Starter
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
….And remove himself as the QB for the good of the TEAM? If I recall correctly Norvell had a similar stubbornness about playing Milton at the QB position until Mackenzie took the decision upon himself to become strictly a great teammate and influential sideline coach in support of Travis.

Like Milton, DJU has no shot at an NFL future….so it seems to me if Norvell won’t make the call, then the better part of valor would be for DJU to take a page from Mackenzie Milton’s Book of “How to be a Class Act (and a potential future Coach) When You’ve No Future Career as a Player, and your Head Coach has no Ballz to Bench You”….AND just step aside already. Surely DJU knows he’s stealing valuable reps from these two guys who quite frankly NEED valuable game experience.….because after all we do open up with Bama next year right? While Norvell is stuck in idle THIS SEASON trying to prove he can WILL above average talent out of DJ (for whose benefit is debatable)….most of us have to think about NEXT Season already!!

I’m of the growing opinion that Norvell’s stubbornness is less about DJ and more about Himself…. and he could ruin the poor guy if he’s not careful. DJ’s clearly a good guy, annd yet also a sensitive soul, that takes things more personally than his blank Gameday face would lead on. I feel for DJ and I don’t know that Norvell is doing him any favors…. nor simultaneously doing Glenn or the Team any favors. The road could get ugly quickly after a potential SMU victory (I.e. Clemson), and with lightning speed if this Offense falters again (without the D to bail them out) in Dallas. But either way, I think instead of demoralizing the poor fella, Norvell should concoct an injury for his fave QB that allows him to save face…and preserves what fragile pride he survives with after the Cal victory. In that way Norvell can help DJ avoid the cascade of Boo’s that await him….while at least trying to set him up for a future COACHING career….the only practical future DJ MIGHT have in this game!

• Haha
Reactions: Delux247
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.