ADVERTISEMENT

So Mariota..

HendrixNole

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Tampa
Basically has 400 less passing yards, 4 more picks and 4 less TDs than Jameis during the regular season and Jameis missed 3 games less, also Mariota has a better Oline, D, and running game, but Mariota is better? BS! Credit the guy for making the playoffs and all but last week they won because a caught an awful pass which was deflected into his own arms for a TD and Henry had the game of his life rushing..no offense to Marcus but these talk radio morons that love him are delirious if they think he’s WAY better than Winston..end of rant..

The comparisons will go forever but that's primarily due to the pundits that want to make their case against Jameis hold water. Both may well end up having good careers but Winston is the better of the 2 for any number of reasons.

As a Bucs fan and a Nole I'm clearly biased but like to think I'm realistic. Best of luck to Both of them.(But more to Jameis)

Mariotta is a stud and a much more mature leader than Jameis. Winston needs to cut the crap and just play. It’d also be nice if he stopped giving the ball to the other team. I’d still take Jameis over Marcus but the gap is shrinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mariotta is a stud and a much more mature leader than Jameis. Winston needs to cut the crap and just play. It’d also be nice if he stopped giving the ball to the other team. I’d still take Jameis over Marcus but the gap is shrinking.

Fake news. Nothing about the stats show Marriotta is a stud.

Basically has 400 less passing yards, 4 more picks and 4 less TDs than Jameis during the regular season and Jameis missed 3 games less, also Mariota has a better Oline, D, and running game, but Mariota is better? BS! Credit the guy for making the playoffs and all but last week they won because a caught an awful pass which was deflected into his own arms for a TD and Henry had the game of his life rushing..no offense to Marcus but these talk radio morons that love him are delirious if they think he’s WAY better than Winston..end of rant..
Totally agree, but off topic, I saw Jimi live 5 times!

Anyone who watched Tennessee this year would tell you the play calling was atrocious, which is why they are now making coaching changes despite making it to the 2 round of the playoffs. Marcus had a down year for sure, but almost everyone would argue that it wasn't because of Marcus.

Also, you are giving way too much credit to the talent around him. Their WR group was still average at best, and their running game wasn't good either. Murray averaged 3.6 YPC and Henry just over 4 YPC, and was the better back of the two, but due to poor coaching, had less than carries than Murray despite Murray missing a few games.

It is still too early to say between the two, but I actually think Marcus has a higher ceiling than Jameis, and I think we will probably start to see that next year when they should have a better offensive system in place than doesn't look like a scheme from the 1970s.

If you take away the games Jameis missed all or part of due to injury, he led the NFL in yards/game. The stat you won't find anywhere.

Because they only won 5 games. Passing yards can be an extremely over rated stat if it doesn't lead to wins. I realize everything isn't always on the QB by any means, but I also don't think anyone cares much about passing yards from a QB of a 5-11 team, who was 1-7 on the road. They were 4th overall in passing yards, but only 18th in points, so the passing #s didn't translate to points (and I get that some of that is Fitzpatrick too and it certainly isn't all on Jameis).

It also didn't hurt him being in the AFC South instead of the NFC South.

The AFC south had the best defense in the league in it who is still playing for a chance to go to the SB, and had WC team that that won a road playoff game. The AFC south is not a bad division and has had a lot more success than most other divisions in the playoffs. Secondly, divisions in the NFL don't mean that much. Teams only play 6 division games, so being in a good, bad, or mediocre division doesn't have nearly the impact on a teams season as people make it out to be.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT