ADVERTISEMENT

So maybe the "drunk" OSU parade crash driver wasn't drunk afterall

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/natio...deadly-osu-crash-distraught-article-1.2410380

Apparently she was seen leaving a job at Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers after being fired. She was distraught but not drunk per eyewitnesses. So either she was just so upset she wasn't paying attention to her driving, or popped too many pills of benzos if she was on it (her dad described her elsewhere as "timid" so she might have been on anxiety meds) or who knows maybe she said eff it and drove through some people.

Btw, there is a pretty clear video out there of the accident you can find on the local channel nine Facebook account by scrolling down and looking through their older posts. It's not overly graphic as it's from a cell phone but if you think you're even slightly squeamish don't click on the next link and search through the videos. I can say that after seeing it, I could easily see how someone could be distracted and barrel through at a decently fast clip. It was not blocked off very well at all.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153093096572212&id=259617042211&set=a.264691522211.151571.259617042211&source=48&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153093215457212:tl_objid.10153093215457212

Last edited:
Police said there was pretty clear evidence she was messed up. They took blood, so should know in a few days.

Police said there was pretty clear evidence she was messed up. They took blood, so should know in a few days.

Assuming the eyewitnesses were accurate, I don't know if you can get drunk in 30 mins or less taken orally. You could easily be messed up on benzos though.

They just said under the influence. May explain why a model employee was sent home

Reactions: goldmom
They just said under the influence. May explain why a model employee was sent home

Well there are Internet posters (so completely 100% honest and accurate truth tellers) who claim that she was sent home because she was showed up to work high and that the owners statement that she was perfectly fine was a lie to cover up the business for liability purposes. And that does make sense...but for multiple witnesses quoted in real articles saying she appeared fine 30 mins before the accident other than being distraught including people who didn't work there (allegedly).

And some people posting on the local news board claim that "a cop buddy" told them she admitted on the scene that she took a bunch of benzos and opioids in a suicide attempt then got confused and panicked and was trying to drive to the hospital.

Both could be BS. I'm especially calling it on the latter, not that she wasn't probably high on benzos that's my suspicion after reading what her dad said about her as I think she accidentally got high on that very dangerous but heavily prescribed medication, as eyewitnesses to the crash said she had music blaring which would be inconsistent with someone racing to the hospital.

Just as an aside, I've actually been in three buildings struck by a vehicle which is about three more than the average person. The first was in high school when I was in McDonalds very early in the morning and a drunk still intoxicated from the night before thought he was in reverse and slammed on the accelerator and came completely through the wall and demolished a table (which fortunately had no one). The next was also in high school and I was in a Gas station when some really old guy did almost the same thing but didn't come nearly as far into the building. The third was when I was at FSU for undergrad and was eating dinner with my parents when a semi driver clipped the roof of PoBoys on Pensacola and not only took down that part of the roof but pulled a decent section of the top wall down with it.

Adacia-Chambers-Oklahoma-State-Homecoming-Tragedy.jpg

Ironic, I just saw a Dateline "mystery" about a head on collision that killed a mother, her young son and her unborn baby. The other car was a 16 year old who it turns out was trying to commit suicide so she sped up the car, unbuckled her seat belt and crossed the lane to hit the other car head on. She survived after a long hospital stay, her victims didn't.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Ironic, I just saw a Dateline "mystery" about a head on collision that killed a mother, her young son and her unborn baby. The other car was a 16 year old who it turns out was trying to commit suicide so she sped up the car, unbuckled her seat belt and crossed the lane to hit the other car head on. She survived after a long hospital stay, her victims didn't.

Jebus.

Coincidental. Not ironic.

The "ironic" part is seeing that and thinking "what psycho would do that", then the next day this..

On another note, she'll get the gender discount, which is what happens when a women cries in court even if she's not REALLY remorseful. In the first case the women refused to apologize and her legal team even went as far as to file a lawsuit against the dead women's estate. She was found guilty and got 30 years, 15 suspended and 1/2 served before getting out. In short, she killed 3 and will do 7 1/2 at most. If it was a man, 30 minimum..

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...pects-lawyer-says-she-may-be-mentally-n451246

So her attorney says she wasn't intoxicated just crazy. We'll see.

They took blood, will know shortly what, if anything, she was on. I did think it was interesting that her former boss commented how good of a person and employee she was. So then why fire her? Perhaps her showing up to work high was glossed over due to the potential culpability by her ex boss as indicated above.

Her attorney also said "based on my experience, that she has the characteristics of someone who has a mental illness. It's just that simple". Good thing they don't hand out psych degrees when someone completes law school, this guy already sounds like Aunt Pat and has as much credence for me. His job is to do anything / say anything to get his client's time reduced.

They took blood, will know shortly what, if anything, she was on. I did think it was interesting that her former boss commented how good of a person and employee she was. So then why fire her? Perhaps her showing up to work high was glossed over due to the potential culpability by her ex boss as indicated above.

Her attorney also said "based on my experience, that she has the characteristics of someone who has a mental illness. It's just that simple". Good thing they don't hand out psych degrees when someone completes law school, this guy already sounds like Aunt Pat and has as much credence for me. His job is to do anything / say anything to get his client's time reduced.

True, although the DA filed four counts of second degree murder against her yesterday. And the press hasn't picked up on this yet but that has to mean they believe she intended to hit the people in the parade. The press being dumbdumbs thinks that it's just felonymurder wherein any commission of a felony resulting in death could be charged with murder BUT in Oklahoma you cannot charge DUI as a felony if it's your first DUI. To be a felony DUI in Oklahoma you have to be convicted of a previous DUI within the last ten years and supposedly Adacia Chambers has no prior conviction.

So maybe there IS something to those anonymous posts saying she was suicidal and was trying to hit them.

So the new revision to the USA Today article specifically says the DA says she was not drunk but believes she was under the influence of drugs.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-homecoming-parade-crash-identified/74583002/

"Payne County District Attorney Laura Austin Thomas earlier on Sunday told The Oklahoman that Chambers would likely be charged with driving under the influence of drugs. Alcohol was not thought to have been involved."

So my immediate suspicion that she just popped some benzos after being fired (or not fired the new version is she wasn't fired just sent home which leads me to think that's just the ice cream shop being concerned about liability) may very well be accurate. It could also be a diabetic blackout. She allegedly has diabetes and people with that are 25% more likely to be involved in accidents as they can blackout as well as greyout.

Last edited:

I listened to him talking on the news this morning and although he attempted to qualify his remarks by saying he was not a shrink he still admitted representing a "lot of mentally ill people" and she appears to him to be one more. He might as well have said "I use this defense all the time because it usually works" and skipped to the chase.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...spect-adacia-chambers-speaks-bond-set-n451696

"Chambers hasn't been formally charged with the four second-degree murder counts, but a prosecutor argued that she "intentionally drove her car into a crowd."

Chambers told investigators she had a history of suicide attempts and was suicidal at the time of the event, according to a probable cause affidavit filed Monday in Payne County District Court.

According to the affidavit, Chambers was at the wheel of a gray Hyundai Electra when witnesses saw it drive through a red light and then try to maneuver around a parade traffic barricade. Failing to evade the barricade, the driver simply drove through it, pushing it aside, police said.

The driver maintained speed and ignored bystanders' attempts to flag her to stop, according to the affidavit. The car then struck a marked police motorcycle, sending it hurtling into the crowd, the affidavit says.

The car then drove directly into the crowd, striking several people, before veering southwest and striking more people in a crosswalk and stopping, police said."

That's just sick and twisted! If you're suicidal jump off a building. You'll have what you want without taking innocent lives with you.

eff her and I hope she rots in prison then hell..... ruined a great tradition and celebration. 4 dead, 51 people injured.... she sped up. She ran through barricades, a police motorcycle before she ever starting hitting people.

That's just sick and twisted! If you're suicidal jump off a building. You'll have what you want without taking innocent lives with you.

Sounds like a definite "suicide" attempt now.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/witness-chambers-said-she-wanted-to-kill-herself-at-crash-scene

"
As a former EMT, Oglesby's training kicked in.

“I opened the door and asked her how she was doing, what happened, felt her neck,” he said.

Then he asked questions.

“I asked what she was doing and she just looked at me and said she was trying to kill herself. I said, 'What?' And she said, 'I was trying to kill myself,' and I asked her why and she said, 'to be free,'” said Oglesby.

Oglesby said at that point he got a police officer to assist with Chambers and then continued to help others."

She also said that she was suicidal at the time she crashed per the probable cause affidavit.

http://kfor.com/2015/10/26/woman-ac...at-osu-homecoming-parade-set-for-arraignment/

“Upon booking, defendant admitted to having a history of suicidal attempts and admitted to booking staff that she was suicidal at the time of the incident but not at the time of booking,” the affidavit reads."

Last edited:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...spect-adacia-chambers-speaks-bond-set-n451696
According to the affidavit, Chambers was at the wheel of a gray Hyundai Electra when witnesses saw it drive through a red light and then try to maneuver around a parade traffic barricade. Failing to evade the barricade, the driver simply drove through it, pushing it aside, police said.

What the hell is a Hyundai Electra? Is it a special Elantra equipped with a cow-catcher to clip as many pedestrians as possible?

Suicide attempt? I'm curious as to how she thought she was going to be killed while in her car, running over people.

Someone was going to pull her out of the car and beat her to death?
I thought that was going to happen at Indian Village a few seasons ago (well, probably 5 seasons ago) after one of our games. Some jack arse comes flying up to the exit of Indian Village and people are chasing after the guy. Luckily one guy simply reached in the car grabbed the keys and threw them down the drain and waited for police to arrive. Never got the whole story, but the guy was not sober.

Suicide attempt? I'm curious as to how she thought she was going to be killed while in her car, running over people.

I'm sure it will never come out but I'm curious what her previous medical diagnosis was. She was treated in patient for undisclosed mental issues once and her father attempted to do it again but she was not admitted by the hospital. So clearly there was something going on.

But what is weird is that her aunt and friends apparently were out with her the night before the incident and said she was happy and acting normally and then her boyfriend said that morning when she left she was normal and not upset. Then there are conflicting reports about what happened at the ice cream shop. Some anonymous eyewitnesses who worked at the store and sold their statements to the press said she appeared drunk and was fired and/or sent home, the owner (who is probably lying for cya purposes) said she was fine and not fired just sent home for scheduling purposes, and a worker at a nearby shop claims he saw her leave and that while she appeared sober she was distraught. So it still leaves me thinking it has to be one of three things: 1) a diabetic issue where she is momentarily incapable of thinking properly, 2) benzo overdose issue or 3) some type of psychotic break as she was terminated.

I will say that her father repeatedly said she had anxiety issues and I'm guessing depression issues as well. And I had a coworker at the time on both and even though everything was great about his life other than a divorce about a year before (VERY wealthy parents, he was a young (late 20s) good looking attorney with a bright future ahead, had a younger more attractive girlfriend than his ex wife, no rugrats holding him down, no physical health issues, tons of friends, had lots of hobbies including kayak fishing where he was featured in multiple stories in Florida Sportsmen and won multiple tournament, etc...., really he had everything going for him), then one day when he was spending a weekend with his new(ish they'd been publicly dating awhile and likely privately scrumping as coworkers far longer) girlfriend he just locked a door to one of the many bathrooms in one of his families many beach houses and sat down in a bathtub and blew his head off with a shotgun. It makes literally no sense other than his depression and anxiety meds actually triggering the suicidal thoughts. His parents have ever since blamed the meds for his suicide and while some of that is just parental wishful thinking, I do believe that there is something to it.

It makes literally no sense other than his depression and anxiety meds actually triggering the suicidal thoughts. His parents have ever since blamed the meds for his suicide and while some of that is just parental wishful thinking, I do believe that there is something to it.

"According to a 2002 report by Central Institute of Mental Health for the European Union, the number of involuntarily detained mental patients, per 100,000 people, in other countries looks like this:
— Austria, 175
— Finland, 218
— Germany, 175
— Sweden, 114
— England, 93
The absolute maximum number of mental patients per 100,000 people who could possibly be institutionalized by the state in the U.S. — voluntarily or involuntarily — is: 17. Yes, according to the Treatment Advocacy Center, there are a grand total of 17 psychiatric beds even available, not necessarily being used. In 1955, there were 340."

You can lose your license to drive. Hell, you NEED a license to drive.

LCSO had 4 arrests on 10/28 of people not licensed to drive.
It seems like the legal requirement isn't much of a deterrent for those who don't care about breaking the law.

You're right! We should get rid of all laws as only law-abiding people obey them.

Almost as logical as banning cars since some people misuse them.

Who suggested banning cars? We need cars. I think requiring people to register their cars and get tested/licensed to drive them is sufficient. Don't you? Or should we removed all those requirements and have a free-for-all in the name of "freedom"? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT