ADVERTISEMENT

So maybe the "drunk" OSU parade crash driver wasn't drunk afterall

Who suggested banning cars? We need cars. I think requiring people to register their cars and get tested/licensed to drive them is sufficient. Don't you?

Vehicle licensing and registration is just a money mill, it's certainly not about safety. Did someone convince you otherwise?

5d34d4ba9b922b567f93719e8a761462.jpg

I just sent them a few hundred dollars last week.
Do you think there was an attendant safety inspection?
Do you think it costs hundreds of dollars to update a record in an electronic database?

Gray Davis just got carried away, so the voters sent him packing, but vehicle registration fees are about raising revenue, not keeping you safe.

The fees may be used for a lot of things, but registering your car itself is not about revenue. Neither are exams and licensing. The world is not black or white.

I just sent them a few hundred dollars last week.
Do you think there was an attendant safety inspection?
Do you think it costs hundreds of dollars to update a record in an electronic database?

Gray Davis just got carried away, so the voters sent him packing, but vehicle registration fees are about raising revenue, not keeping you safe.

Florida doesn't do a safety test? Hell, even in Texas, they drive the car, make sure the brakes work, all the lights work, washer blade works and measure the tire tread.

Reactions: dmm5157
Florida doesn't do a safety test? Hell, even in Texas, they drive the car, make sure the brakes work, all the lights work, washer blade works and measure the tire tread.

Nope. Go online and make your payment, they mail your plate or sticker.
My new plate is laying in the floor of my car, but I'll feel safer (from the road pirates) when I put it on.

Interesting. Surprised the Jiffy Lubes of Florida haven't lobbied for the safety test. However, it may be just in my county; but they do the safety test, gas cap integrity and then emissions. Texas went to the one sticker method (rather than two: emissions and registration), total cost is about $80.

Just as an aside, I've actually been in three buildings struck by a vehicle which is about three more than the average person. The first was in high school when I was in McDonalds very early in the morning and a drunk still intoxicated from the night before thought he was in reverse and slammed on the accelerator and came completely through the wall and demolished a table (which fortunately had no one). The next was also in high school and I was in a Gas station when some really old guy did almost the same thing but didn't come nearly as far into the building. The third was when I was at FSU for undergrad and was eating dinner with my parents when a semi driver clipped the roof of PoBoys on Pensacola and not only took down that part of the roof but pulled a decent section of the top wall down with it.

I was in a Burger King in high school when an old man pulled into a spot and hit the gas instead of the brake. Jumped the curb, straight through the wall. Car was half in the building, and like yours, just good luck that nobody was at the tables against the wall.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
You can lose your license to drive. Hell, you NEED a license to drive.
No you don't. The government says you ought to have one under penalty of law, but you don't need one. I've read many a thread on this site complaining about slow left lane driver or some dumbass doing something on the road... The license didn't make them a better driver. If licenses really meant anything, they'd make everyone take a driver's test every 5 years which would include driving in wet/snowy conditions, rush hour traffic, gravel roads, and at night, then take away a license to anyone that doesn't show that competency. Similarly, I'm sure there are many people out there that don't have a license and drive better than most of us that do.

[QUOTE"jeffy, post: 1076675, member: 60"]No you don't. The government says you ought to have one under penalty of law, but you don't need one. I've read many a thread on this site complaining about slow left lane driver or some dumbass doing something on the road... The license didn't make them a better driver. If licenses really meant anything, they'd make everyone take a driver's test every 5 years which would include driving in wet/snowy conditions, rush hour traffic, gravel roads, and at night, then take away a license to anyone that doesn't show that competency. Similarly, I'm sure there are many people out there that don't have a license and drive better than most of us that do.[/QUOTE]

I've seen how they drive in countries that don't require licenses and insurance. Where anything with wheels is allowed on the road and anyone can drive.

I'm happy with how we have it here.

Reactions: Wendy79
Dude Freddy's is delicious. Their burgers are OK, I mean nothing to write home about, but their frozen custard is ridiculous.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT