ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer question

nole96

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Oct 10, 2002
With the season finale this Thursday, it appears our entire regular season schedule is only 16 games long when all the other top teams play a minimum of 17, with most playing 18 or even 19 (Alabama for example). It seems weird that we played the fewest. Were there games canceled that I'm not aware of?

96, I haven't heard about any cancellations. I assume the league sets conference schedules. Maybe the late hire of a head coach, or the smaller-than-usual roster, had something to do with fewer nonconference games being scheduled?

With the season finale this Thursday, it appears our entire regular season schedule is only 16 games long when all the other top teams play a minimum of 17, with most playing 18 or even 19 (Alabama for example). It seems weird that we played the fewest. Were there games canceled that I'm not aware of?
As stated, Pensky had to beg to fill-in enough games to meet NCAA criteria. It was a shorter than usual schedule. But, between ACC and NCAA games we will have more games in Tallahassee. Let’s hope for another month!

Reactions: nole96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT