ADVERTISEMENT

Softball Transfers?

thomasojam

Contributor
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2006
Any news on who may be transferring out? I heard Pitcher Madi Balk is in the portal but have not seen anything on this site.

Yes on Balk and the SS from last year who didn't play on the team this year.

Reactions: Bob Ferrante
I had high hopes.for Balk. Hopefully, Coacha can land.some.good pitchers via the portal.

Madi Balk posted to her Instagram overnight that she has committed to Washington:

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 9.07.43 AM.png

As mentioned previously: Avery Weisbrook was on the team in 2023 but did not play this spring. She's also in the portal.

As mentioned previously: Avery Weisbrook was on the team in 2023 but did not play this spring. She's also in the portal.
Do you know anything about additions- I know entering the portal closes next week but have seen nothing on possibilities or who we are interested in?

Without getting into names, FSU has hosted a few transfer pitchers. Not making the Women's CWS gave FSU's coaches that opportunity. One source has indicated to me a transfer would announce later this week. There's optimism but not definitive knowledge that FSU will be the pick.

The word on the street is that her Dad had been back channel shopping her around looking for a big number.
Apparently he got it.
I'd expect OU, but with a reasonable chance of Texas if they want to get over the OU hump!

The word on the street is that her Dad had been back channel shopping her around looking for a big number.
Apparently he got it.
I'd expect OU, but with a reasonable chance of Texas if they want to get over the OU hump!
Isn't college athletics fun these days! I'm so glad I've slowly been checking out. No longer a booster or football season ticket holder. Gonna let this subscription run out when ends I think in October. This just isn't "fun" any more. Thankfully we have 20 grands to watch and enjoy. Life is GREAT!!!

Isn't college athletics fun these days! I'm so glad I've slowly been checking out. No longer a booster or football season ticket holder. Gonna let this subscription run out when ends I think in October. This just isn't "fun" any more. Thankfully we have 20 grands to watch and enjoy. Life is GREAT!!!
NIL has invaded all college sports, from football and men's hoops to the Olympics sports. But I would caution that not all athletes are rolling in high-end car leases and big monthly checks.

The equivalency sports (partial scholarships) are different from head-count sports. They have used Bright Futures (lottery-funded aid for high-academic students to in-state schools) and NIL to complement the partial scholarships. I mentioned it a little last week with baseball: https://floridastate.rivals.com/new...aith-of-transfers-who-helped-program-flourish

Kaley Mudge testified before Congress last spring about how NIL was helping to cover her college bills while she pursued a bachelor's as well as helping with nursing school.

I'm loathe to tell FSU fans and subscribers how to spend your hard-earned money. But there are some real benefits of NIL. And I fully understand if you don't want to contribute to an NIL collective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT