ADVERTISEMENT

Something to keep in mind

darlingknight27

Seminole Insider
Oct 26, 2003
PLease don't attack or direct anger at Norvell. He's a coach who has flourished on a small school level, who might be given the keys to a power 5 school who won a natty in the last decade. This is by far his chance to prove he's good on any level, and has every chance to do it (as long as we support him, and the admin dont undermine his staff hires . . . ). So at the very least, attacking him would be like kicking a nearby dog because you're in an argument with your neighbor.

Be very clear with comments, actions, and conversations with the school who exactly you are upset. Possible targets could be that we hired a bad hiring firm,pr our Pres, Board of Trustees, or AD thoroughly crapped the bed, cant really think who else would be to blame. Personally the turning point to me would be firing Taggart so early without the next guy in line, then raising funds while promising a renaissance then delivering meh. Having an AD at least who seems blind to what such a tepid hire is going to do with recruiting, and how this is going to make support for yet another experiment hire difficult, is unacceptable. But then again I don't see our current AD as more than a puppet, and is probably in the position because he will be an easy scapegoat for Miller and anyone else who thinks this is a shrewed financial move.

Long term because of how this was handled Norvell will probably get a shorterleash than he deserves and we will probably be punting at coach again in 2 years so we can make a run at a real splash hire while not under an 18 million dollar severance charge . . . i wonder what boosters duped now will give then?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News