ADVERTISEMENT

Storm Prep and Check In

So who’s in the path of Idalia?
Goldmom Buzzkill strikes again. Where have all the flowers gone.....? Good time passing.....
When will they ever learn? When will they everrrrr learnnnn?

Anyone in Tally? I think the storm is threading through the area between Jax and Tallahassee at the moment. We’re not getting terrible effects here in J-ville at the moment and they’re predicting we’ll start to clear by late afternoon.

Anyone in Tally? I think the storm is threading through the area between Jax and Tallahassee at the moment. We’re not getting terrible effects here in J-ville at the moment and they’re predicting we’ll start to clear by late afternoon.
Just making landfall now I think.

Sunny here in PCB right now. Supposed to get some wind and rain later. We need the rain.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I've been texting with friends and family in Tallahassee and all are well. Only one has lost power. I think the pictures that come out of Perry are going to be ugly.

Floridians, how expensive is your home owners insurance on a yearly basis? I gotta figure y’all pay a pretty penny with the threat of hurricanes and tropical storms each year.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Floridians, how expensive is your home owners insurance on a yearly basis? I gotta figure y’all pay a pretty penny with the threat of hurricanes and tropical storms each year.
Just renewed mine for 2600 a year with USAA.

Reactions: Ohio1nole
Ours went from 2400 to over 6000 last year. We are not in a flood zone, have impact windows, doors and garage doors, new roof and live 8 miles from the beach. 1200sq ft home worth a paltry 500k. And don't get me started on my auto insurance rate hikes!

Can't imagine what it will be next year. Time to pay off the mortgage and go without.

Ours went from 2400 to over 6000 last year. We are not in a flood zone, have impact windows, doors and garage doors, new roof and live 8 miles from the beach. 1200sq ft home worth a paltry 500k. And don't get me started on my auto insurance rate hikes!

Can't imagine what it will be next year. Time to pay off the mortgage and go without.
Where are you located?

Damn. I can stomach 2400.. but 6,000+ is brutal.

Reactions: NoleFan2U

How old is the home? Seems to be a big factor now along with the age and type of roof. I was quoted up to 7k a year for certain coverages but though some discounts and complaining got it down to reasonable.

How old is the home? Seems to be a big factor now along with the age and type of roof. I was quoted up to 7k a year for certain coverages but though some discounts and complaining got it down to reasonable.
The home was built in the 60s, the roof is 4 years old. Its all a scam. They are going to force the middle class out of Florida and there will be a big shortage of workers. We are going to have a huge problem in the near future.

The home was built in the 60s, the roof is 4 years old. Its all a scam. They are going to force the middle class out of Florida and there will be a big shortage of workers. We are going to have a huge problem in the near future.
Agreed. I'm not for a lot of government intervention but in a case like this something needs to be done. Come up with a rate scale and use it. What they have now is completely subjective.

Reactions: NoleFan2U
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT