ADVERTISEMENT

Summarizing Dot’s Bob Stoops Nuggets (Update 11/30)

Nole_Dynasty

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2008
After @emeraldnole ’s juicy nugget Tuesday night about going back and reading Dot’s nuggets and then quoting:

All folks need to do to grab a slice of sanity is go read Dot's thread from the beginning of the nuggets to now, not the comments, but Dot's nuggets..... Anyone saying they know Stoops isn't coming here obviously wouldn't be good at Scrabble.
...I realized that I love playing Scrabble so I went back and re-read all of Dot’s nuggets referencing Stoops to see what I could pull together to form a conclusion on @emeraldnole ’s analogy and it’s clear to me that Stoops is in fact the Coach. Dot kept specifically referencing MULTIPLE inside sources up until the smokescreen began (right around @goldmom ’s infamous post) which all pointed to Bob.

Since then, no direct references to the multiple inside sources because they’ve either been hushed or Dot doesn’t want to ruin his inside source and is also playing coy.

A summary or Dot’s Stoops references for your viewing pleasure:

Dot-s-Probability-per-Nuggets-v3.jpg

Dot’s Nuggets

11/3: Really think he's a long shot, but put Bob Stoops name at the end of the list.

11/4 (2:15): Hearing a LOT of buzz about Bob Stoops.

11/4 (5:15): Continuing to hear from a lot of contacts that insist Bob Stoops is pretty close to being a done deal.

11/4 (9:45pm): There's a lot of buzz around that Bob Stoops will be announced this week.

11/5 (10:00am): A source connected to the situation told me "FSU is all in on (Bob) Stoops"

11/5 (11:10am): Might need to cool the jets a bit on Bob Stoops. There was a conference call this morning and the feeling is that Stoops is might be having second thoughts...

11/5 (11:45am): Got this directly from the Bob Stoops camp. When asked about the FSU job, Stoops told our source "I'm not a candidate.” ... This is a bit odd because FSU is definitely in active discussions with his representative about the head coaching position.

11/5 (4:45pm): What I can gather from talking to people connected with FSU and in the Bob Stoops' camp is that this far from dead. ... My suggestion is to not get too excited about Bob Stoops to FSU but also don't buy the reports that he isn't interested either.

11/5 (9:45pm): Nothing earth shattering but heard from two of our best sources since the last update and both insist the discussions with the Bob Stoops' representative are very much alive and ongoing. He is still FSU's top target

11/6 (1:10pm): What we have heard is that the discussions with the Bob Stoops' camp are moving in a positive direction. ... Based on several discussions with sources connected on both sides, my theory is that Bob Stoops told his agent he has interest in the FSU opening, gave him some requirements for job (salary, staff, support), and left it to his agent to put together the best deal possible.

11/6: The only notable update I've received regarding FSU's discussions of with Bob Stoops' representative is "it's progressing nicely". We've heard similar talk all day.

11/7: I did hear there have been some quiet inquiries coming from the Stoops' camp regarding staffing within athletics. Obviously, that's a very positive sign that he is taking this seriously.

11/9: The most relevant nugget to come our why is that the negotiations are close to wrapping up and a decision from Bob Stoops could come as soon as Sunday. .... Second, even if a basic agreement is reached don't expect anything to be announced for a while. The most consistent thing we've heard from our FSU sources is that it's going to be a couple weeks before an actual hire is made.

11/11: All indications are FSU is still ultra focused on plan A, which is Bob Stoops. Also, it seems like FSU has made a concerted effort to limit the flow of information on the coaching search.

11/12 (5:15): We've heard from a couple different sources today that there have been positive developments within the last 24 hours in FSU's pursuit of Bob Stoops. Sounds like a deal is pretty close to being wrapped up.

11/12 (7:45 pm): As we mentioned earlier, the FSU side was very optimistic that a deal with Bob Stoops was nearly wrapped up. But since then we've received a lot of conflicting information.

11/13 @ 10:20 a.m Despite all the conflicting reports we received yesterday, our best source is still pretty confident that FSU is close to getting a deal done with Bob Stoops.

11/13 @ 4 p.m. What I've been hearing all day is that if Florida State is able to pull off a deal with Bob Stoops it's going to be one of the biggest in college football.

11/14 @ 2 p.m
All in all very quiet on the Bob Stoops front.

GOLDMOM POST FSU Smokescreen Begins

11/14 @ 5:30 p.m.
Things definitely aren't as quiet as they've been the last few days. There is a lot excitement around FSU Athletics and the Boosters. My phone has been going off even more than usual with people in the loop that feel that something major is about to happen. There are some in the know that are unusually optimistic that a deal with Bob Stoops is very close to being finalized. Something could happen on this front as soon as tonight or tomorrow.

11/15 @ 11 a.m.
No breaking news so far this morning. We did receive additional confirmation that a deal with Bob Stoops is definitely not done.

11/15 @ 12:45 p.m.
We are looking into the Democrat story citing sources saying that Bob Stoops is no longer a candidate.

11/15 @ 1:10 p.m. Two connected sources that tell us "Bob Stoops is no longer a candidate". ... Hesitant to even mention this, but there are some that feel a deal with Stoops could still be alive but that FSU is trying to throw everybody off the scent.

FSU SMOKESCREEN IN FULL EFFECT

11/15 @ 2:30 p.m. Phone has been blowing up the past hour or so with the same message - "Bob Stoops is out"

11/16 @ 9:45 a.m.
With Bob Stoops seemingly no longer in the mix...

NOTICE THE FLOW OF NUGGETS SLOWING

11/20:
Bob Stoops – I’m not buying into all the online chatter that he is back in the mix. However, I’m not going to completely discount the possibility.

11/22:
For the conspiracy theory folks that are convinced Florida State has a secret deal in place with Bob Stoops, I received additional confirmation that he is no longer in the mix. The basis of that is there were some financial moves made last week to make deal happen. Those moves were scrapped right after we were told that Stoops was no longer a candidate. I'll always add that there's nothing preventing the two sides re-opening a dialog, or FSU presenting an even better offer. So it's never completely dead until a another coach is actually signed, but I'm convinced that the original deal fell through as was reported.

11/26: I'm hesitant to even throw this out there but I've been told there could still be some dialog going on between FSU and Bob Stoops. This has nothing to do with the conspiracy theory that a deal has been done all along, but just that FSU hasn't completely closed the door on the former Oklahoma coach.

11/27: And yes, I'll close with a note on everyone's favorite - Bob Stoops. Heard from another credible source today that it's not done and the sides are still talking. I will add that all signs still point to this being a long shot. Again, unless this is the cover-up of the century, no deal was done, there is no conspiracy and FSU was rejected the first time around.

11/30: The only candidates I've heard are out from our Hot Boards are Mark Stoops and Bob Stoops (yes, there could still be some discussions going on but it's still a major long shot).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News