ADVERTISEMENT

Sunday Morning QB -10/13/2024

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
Before I get started, I hope those who had to deal with Hurricane Milton are alright. Football is great but it is only something we watch to take our minds off everything else. I hope everyone is safe.

Good News - You wake up this morning and realize that FSU did not lose today. I guess that is a moral victory. FSU has a bye week and is getting ready for Duke. This is the week that FSU is usually getting ready for a BLOWOUT WIN. I always said losing to Duke is hitting rock bottom. Are you kidding me? FSU has yet to hit rock bottom? I thought 1-5 would be rock bottom.

Watched a ton of college football over the past week. Started on Tuesday night and went through last night as Boise State played vs. Hawaii. Boise State is not a very good football team. Yes they have a a stud running back but the rest of their team is very average. If they make the playoffs, Boise State will get blown out in round 1.

Bad Teams - FSU is not very good 1-5....But they can beat Utah State, Utep and New Mexico State. Utep is awful. I would not take a player EVER from that program. That being said Corey Wren (Yes FSU former player) went 100 yards on a kick off return for a TD. Utep quarterback makes DJ look like a future top pick in the NFL draft.

As for FSU - I will say this while DJ is problem 1A....But don't kid yourself the OL has been as big or bigger dissapointment. If you look at Shadeur Sanders he is able to overcome a terrible OL. DJ can't overcome it. A good /great QB can cover over a weakness like that. When you look at Arizona State who played last week against UTAH their OL opens big holes for their running back. FSU OL does not open up holes. ASU OL also looks like an NFL OL. I have said this over and over again FSU OL is small. They look the same from tackle to tackle. FSU needs size and length at tackle. Instead they have guys who are 6'3 playing out there. You want to fix the problem. RECRUIT BIGGER LINEMAN. The pass blocking was not terrible against Clemson but the run game should NEVER be this bad. I want to see Armella, Early, Otto and Simmons if he can go, play the rest of the way. I feel if the OL is fixed this off-season, FSU can have a turn around in 2024.

UF vs. FSU - I am not talking about their match up this year. I am talking about DJ vs. Luke....I have seen enough of DJ to realize that UF turn around is ahead of FSU. It is just reality. DJ is going to be really damn good next year. Luke better be special or FSU is not beating UF in 2025-2026. Luke needs to pan out.

QB Evaluations

Committed /Offered

Luke Altmyer-Starkville-(4) (OIe Miss -Transfer to Illinois) 111 -164 (67.7%) 1426 Yards - 14 TD - 1 INT
Nicco Marchiol - Hamilton (3) (WVU -Transfer to New Mexico) 31 69 -292 yards- 2 TD/ 2 INT
Chris Parson - Ravenwood (3) (Mississippi State) (No Stats)

Thoughts: Luke was a good evaluation. I was not a huge fan of Luke but he has found the right program (Illinois) for him. I really don't think he is more talented than Brock but FIT is important. I do think FSU needs to hit on Glenn or Kromenhoek. One of those two need to pan out.

Cam Ward - Ohio State ended up with Will Howard who is good....Thing is Ward would even help Ryan Day overcome. Ohio State may win it all but Ward would have guaranteed the TITLE.

Ohio State - what was Will Howard thinking. He took off and ran until there was no time left on the clock. Even Forrest Gump knows better. I watched the Oregon vs. Ohio State game and Will Howard running the clock out without giving yourself a shot to win is a hard way to lose. Will Howard is NO CAM WARD. Is John Cooper back on the sidelines because only Cooper has wasted more talent at Ohio State. Cooper once had Eddie Georgia, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, Orlando Pace, Dan Willkerson on the same team and lost. How the heck does this Buckeye program lose to an Oregon team that is nowhere near as talented.

Dan Lanning - STUD---I am no fan of hiring DC's to be your head coach. But Lanning understands one thing-I will coach my side of the ball (Defense) and leave the offense to an actual coordinator. For a DC, Lanning is super aggressive. He goes for it on almost every fourth down. I am just glad he did not go for it on 4th down and goal and kicked the field goal instead. Oregon is not sitting in a good spot. I will say this if Lanning had a title on his resume, you could argue he is the best coach in college football. Guy is the REAL DEAL.

Rich Rod - He is older now - but the guy can still flat out coach. He can call a game.

Texas - THEY TRIED....They really did. They tried early on to be the Texas we always have known. Texas went down to OU and never seemed to be comfortable against them. Tennessee TRIED AS WELL...Tried to lose to UF but the Gators tried harder. WTF is wrong with Billy Naper. His team gets a penatly late for too many players on the field. He gets a false start in OT. Seriously, how is Napier still the head coach at UF.

Kenny Dillingham, Dan Lanning, Ryan Silverfield, Breanna Marion are all reasons why you have to still trust in coach MN. They are all part of his football coaching tree. The proof is there. While this season sucks....no doubt it does, I feel MN can make the right moves and get this program back on track.

HOW? DJ???? I watch Vandy (Transfer QB), I watch Pitt (Transfer QB), I watch Syracuse (Transfer QB)....These are or were not elite programs but how did they land quality quarterbacks but FSU did not do so? FSU needs to figure out the QB position and quickly. Do that and you will turn this thing around.

Vandy - MN - Hire coach Jerry Kill - Guy wins everywhere he goes. Add him to the staff as a Analyst. He won at Nex Mexico State. YES HE WON THERE. The QB at Vandy who has upset now Alabama and Kentucky in back to back weeks was Kill QB at New Mexico. Guy is good for football programs. FSU could use someone like him right now.

Caleb Williams - LOL - To those who thought he was overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.