ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl 50 who you got?

I thought you were crazy picking Denver over Arizona, then went and checked the playoff pic again.... maybe not. But I will take Carolina over NE.

Based on how my picks went this season, I will likely be very wrong.

I would like to see Arizona win it just so Fitzgerald gets a ring. I think it's New England playing the Carolina \Seattle winner though.

I would like to see Arizona win it just so Fitzgerald gets a ring. I think it's New England playing the Carolina \Seattle winner though.

Carolina is the most overrated team I've possibly ever seen. Look at their incredibly easy schedule, and their classless QBs season has been made on 3-4 games. They're going to get tanked by Seattle. And then I hope Seattle gets their ass beat.

Reactions: ibeanole
Carolina is the most overrated team I've possibly ever seen. Look at their incredibly easy schedule, and their classless QBs season has been made on 3-4 games. They're going to get tanked by Seattle. And then I hope Seattle gets their ass beat.

Haha! Whoops. Try and have some class yourself and pay some respect to the team that owns your division. Guy is having an MVP season, he's been a proven winner wherever he has played.

Haha! Whoops. Try and have some class yourself and pay some respect to the team that owns your division. Guy is having an MVP season, he's been a proven winner wherever he has played.

So I was wrong about the outcome of the game. Hopefully Arizona will finish them off next week.

But in other news, at least Cam refuted my comment about being classless :/

Well, I'm rooting for the Pats, although we've got to go through Denver, which ain't going to be easy. Hoping it will be as cold as a witch's tit and snowing like a bat out of hell. Peyton doesn't do too well in that, Brady seems to thrive in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Denver vs Carolina

As a Boncos fan, I'm praying for the greatest defensive performance ever in a Super Bowl, but I was really hoping to avoid Carolina. I just can't see Denver winning unless they force at least 2 and probably even 3 turnovers while not turning it over on their end. I'm thinking 27-17 Panthers.

As much as I'd love to see old man Peyton head off into the sunset with another ring, I just don't see it happening. Panthers are just too explosive and can score with all three teams. (Denver's only chance to keep it close is to win the TO battle, but Carolina reminds me of the Saints team that won it a few years back with their ball-hawking ways.) 37-19 Carolina.

Denver vs Carolina

As a Boncos fan, I'm praying for the greatest defensive performance ever in a Super Bowl, but I was really hoping to avoid Carolina. I just can't see Denver winning unless they force at least 2 and probably even 3 turnovers while not turning it over on their end. I'm thinking 27-17 Panthers.
Agreed, I think NE would have made a better game of it. Still, the Broncos have a solid defense, and the brainchild of Kubiak and Phillips outcoached Belichick and McDowell, no easy task. By the way, good to see both Kubiak and Phillips enjoy success again. Peyton has been there, done that, so maybe he can pull off one more for the ages!

Denver vs Carolina

I would prefer the Broncos win, but I am guessing this will be closer to the Seattle beat down a couple of yrs ago. Carolina just seems way to explosive.

I spent a ton to attend the Super Bowl in NY and I'm still pissed off the Broncos failed to show up. Two years ago the Broncos had a great offense and hardly scored. This time around, with a much better defense, I'm looking for a closer game but still not convinced the Bronco offense can score. Much of the problem is the offensive line and inability to run the ball. I've been a season ticket holder since 1982 and my heart will be with the Broncos but not sure they can pull it off.

I spent a ton to attend the Super Bowl in NY and I'm still pissed off the Broncos failed to show up. Two years ago the Broncos had a great offense and hardly scored. This time around, with a much better defense, I'm looking for a closer game but still not convinced the Bronco offense can score. Much of the problem is the offensive line and inability to run the ball. I've been a season ticket holder since 1982 and my heart will be with the Broncos but not sure they can pull it off.
I think this is one of those situations where if one's not a Panthers fan, they're probably rooting for your Broncos. I'd like to make you feel better, but as varied and effective as Carolina's running game is, in order to have a chance to shut it down, you have to get great play from your safeties...but both of Denver's starters are banged up/questionable. To rub salt in the wound, TE Greg Olsen is Cam's favorite target, and once again, your safeties are banged up! This is really a bad time for this.

If Denver can avoid turnovers and run the ball effectively, they might be able to keep this one close. The problem offensively is that Carolina's just going to stack the box if they don't respect Peyton's ability to beat them deep in one-on-one coverage. The Broncs' receivers have to make some plays on 50-50 balls in single coverage to force Carolina's D to play honestly. This is just too much stuff that has to happen in my mind. If this were a seven game series like in baseball or basketball, I'd say Carolina 4-1.

I've been disappointed so many times as a Bronco fan/season ticket holder but I see a close game and think this may be the Bronco's year. 24-17 Broncos.

pdubb09 said:
Denver vs Carolina

As a Broncos fan, I'm praying for the greatest defensive performance ever in a Super Bowl, but I was really hoping to avoid Carolina. I just can't see Denver winning unless they force at least 2 and probably even 3 turnovers while not turning it over on their end. I'm thinking 27-17 Panthers.

Agreed, I think NE would have made a better game of it. Still, the Broncos have a solid defense, and the brainchild of Kubiak and Phillips outcoached Belichick and McDowell, no easy task. By the way, good to see both Kubiak and Phillips enjoy success again. Peyton has been there, done that, so maybe he can pull off one more for the ages!

Congrats pdubb, your prayer was answered. Although Manning was the Pat's mortal enemy, dude always conducted himself with class and was respected by Pat's fans.

Boy, I was dead WRONG and thrilled to admit it! The Broncos safeties did indeed play and play effectively. I think you can add this season's Denver D to the list of all time greats. Kudos to Wade Phillips: Not a good head coach when he's tried it, but he's certainly one of the best defensive coordinators ever.

pdubb09 said:
Denver vs Carolina

As a Broncos fan, I'm praying for the greatest defensive performance ever in a Super Bowl, but I was really hoping to avoid Carolina. I just can't see Denver winning unless they force at least 2 and probably even 3 turnovers while not turning it over on their end. I'm thinking 27-17 Panthers.

Congrats pdubb, your prayer was answered. Although Manning was the Pat's mortal enemy, dude always conducted himself with class and was respected by Pat's fans.

Man! Thanks Hats! And Congrats to Lloyd as well. That was about the only way I could see us winning, and even I never could have imagined that level of dominance. I know I am a fan, but other than possibly the Giants against the Pats the first time around can I think of a Super Bowl where a defense single handedly won a game. Denver converted 1, that's right, 1 3rd down all game and won by 2 TD's. Completely insane.

Reactions: NY_22_Nole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT