ADVERTISEMENT

Taggart Press Conference "Coin Flip"

FAKEWillieTaggert

Veteran Seminole Insider
Feb 1, 2018
Tallahassee, FL
Read this great piece by Ira: Taggart coy when discussing FSU's plans

What do you think? I totally understand Willie not divulging information, keeping opponents on their toes and unable to prepare, etc. But something about how cavalier Willie is about all of this rubs me the wrong way. We are going into a game as the biggest underdogs in FSU history. If Vegas is right (I hope they aren't), we're about to be demolished and embarrassed again (last year we lost by 49 at home...)

Meanwhile Taggart is joking around, says: he is going to decide who is starting based on the coin-flip? "I think I'm gonna flip a coin when the ref does the coin toss at the beginning of the game" Taggart said with a smile. "Whatever it is, whether it's heads or tails . . . that's who's going in."

The sad part is I honestly don't know if he's joking...

I know, I know, the TC will tell me "I'm overacting". How "this is a brilliant move by Taggart!" etc. Whatever, that's fine. It rubs me the wrong way. There is a time and a place for everything, including levity. Staring down a huge blowout loss isn't the time or place to try out stand-up routine. It will be interesting to see if Taggart thinks everything is as funny in his post-game press conference. I doubt it. JMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News