ADVERTISEMENT

Tallahassee recommendation

TexSkills

Seminole Insider
Nov 13, 2002
St Augustine, FL
On Thursday, I'm going to be in Tallahassee for the night and wanted suggestions on a place to watch football and drink a few good beers.

I'll be with my brother-in-law and neither of us has spent any prolonged amount of time in Tallahassee in a while. I haven't been there in two years.

Is the Brass Tap location in Tally any good? Thanks in advance.

If you are staying at DoubleTree the easiest would be walking to Andrews. Seems like they used to have a good set up for game watching, but haven't been there in years during football season.

If you're feeling more adventurous and the weather is nice, I highly recommend Proof Brewing as well. Love the setup there, but it's more chill and for socializing in groups than watching games as compared to Brass Tap.
Downtown. Looking for someplace low key.

Thanks dmm. Brass Taps are usually my speed nowadays. Beer and TVs, LOL.

Depending on the bartenders, might get a little eye candy as well. Most of the craft beer bars in town have mostly male bartenders, except brass tap. Both locations (midtown and gaines street) tend to have at least one attractive female bartender working at a time. They also are one of the few that carry quite a few different varieties of Cigar City Brewing on tap and in bottles.

Brass Tap - Midtown Tallahassee
1519437_336388126572538_2447653951016337563_o.jpg

Last edited:
Tex, I know I am a day late in replying to this, but if you are looking for low key, lots of TVs and good eye candy, then shoot north on Monroe to Pockets. On Thursday you will run in to me, Desi, and Shane.

Tex, I know I am a day late in replying to this, but if you are looking for low key, lots of TVs and good eye candy, then shoot north on Monroe to Pockets. On Thursday you will run in to me, Desi, and Shane.

Advanced warning: There will be a lot of cigar smoke there :D

Reactions: vevois23
I like Parley. Good pizza next door at Dave's Pizza Garage as well and Parley is generally open to ordering it for you as well.

Thanks for the offer! We have an 8 AM tee time on Friday morning so we may or may not make it out of the hotel bar area on Thursday night.

Thanks for the offer! We have an 8 AM tee time on Friday morning so we may or may not make it out of the hotel bar area on Thursday night.

Don't worry, from downtown its 5-10 minutes depending on the light synchronization. You'll be back in plenty of time to get your beauty rest.

Which course are you playing?

Nice. Hope you plan for traffic accordingly. Going to be going against the flow until you hit campus

Thanks for the heads up!

We have other people getting into town at various times tomorrow so, logistically, it might be a cluster to even attempt going anywhere. We're going to play it by ear.

@TexSkills I want a full report of all beers consumed and a detailed evaluation of each beer. Sort the report by beer country of origin, then style of beer and ABV.

Bonus points for talent evaluation of the servers/patrons of Brass Tap.

I can tell you right now the bartenders/servers were weak. Highly disappointed in my opinion.

Ah that's a bummer. Ain't that always how it works out? Pockets was sub-part last night until our favorite one came in. She wasn't working, though. They were training up the new servers.

Would have thought for sure opening night of college football would have been a big tip night. Then again, they may have decided fast servers was a better idea.

First couple of times we were there, there were two smoking hot blonde bartenders that actually really knew their beer. I was actually a little surprised. Haven't seen them since.

Ah that's a bummer. Ain't that always how it works out? Pockets was sub-part last night until our favorite one came in. She wasn't working, though. They were training up the new servers.

Would have thought for sure opening night of college football would have been a big tip night. Then again, they may have decided fast servers was a better idea.

First couple of times we were there, there were two smoking hot blonde bartenders that actually really knew their beer. I was actually a little surprised. Haven't seen them since.

Just FYI Desi, you won't see the favorite one working there again. She was fired a little over a week ago.

@TexSkills I want a full report of all beers consumed and a detailed evaluation of each beer. Sort the report by beer country of origin, then style of beer and ABV.

Bonus points for talent evaluation of the servers/patrons of Brass Tap.

DMM,

I think after beer #448 he couldn't SEE the label much less read it.

At Seminole Golf Course for the Varsity Club Golf Classic and my boy is looking rough.

Bummer. There a story there? If so, I want to hear it at the next hang out.

Yeah, pretty sure there was one. I will double check with Dave. He was there with me when another one told us about it. Pretty sure it was a combination of drinking on the clock and getting in to it with patrons (not sure which definition of "getting in to it" it was, the "wink wink nudge nudge" or the "Oh Lord someone pull her away")

Reactions: dmm5157
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT