ADVERTISEMENT

Tallahassee

Noles_FSU

Seminole Insider
Jan 10, 2014
If you were moving to Tally what areas of Tally would you be looking at? North of I-10?

Do you have children and care about school zones? If not, that opens up a lot of the City.

If you do have children and care about schools, you're looking at the NE side of town.

Northeast of I-110/Killearn lhas the Ox Bottom area that’s popular right now.

If school zones aren’t an issue and you like a more urban environment with older homes, check out the Betton Hills/Old Town area between Midtown and TMH. The property taxes tend to be high there, however.

Reactions: FlashFSU
Midtown. Betton area. Kate Sullivan, Cobb and Leon are all good schools. Ten minutes to pretty much anything inside Capital Circle.

I really wish it wasn't. Miss the days of Ox Bottom being untouched, country living. Some really ugly new developments there, unless you like the cookie cutter and crammed into a small space, type community.
Your so right, my brother just moved back from Jax to the OB area.

Reactions: BigCleat42
The Kendal Briles house in the Betton area is discounted to $930k.

80d9d228e6f397f59da81777d21ac97dl-m3108504665xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Reactions: FlashFSU
Why would you buy a house as a coordinator? It makes no sense.
Why buy a house?

Well, when people start throwing stupid money at you and saying you are likely to be the next head coach and the current Bozo is actually hauling down $5 mil plus expenses a year.............well, it's easy to get a little overly excited! LOL! :Face with Tears of Joy

My Kids have all graduated from FSU and are on there own now. So no kids. I was thinking Bradfordville area or a little South between I-10 and Bradfordville? Anyone know of a good realtor? Thanks!
I would recommend Sherrie Cartee. She is a long time Tallahassee realtor who grew up and lives in Killearn. Her dad was one of the original developers of Killearn Estates.

Reactions: Noles_FSU
I'd look in midtown if no kids. You can walk to great bars and restaurants, and the coast (Saint Marks) is 30 minutes from there.

There are some new developments in the Bradfordville area. Take a look at Bull Run.

My Kids have all graduated from FSU and are on there own now. So no kids. I was thinking Bradfordville area or a little South between I-10 and Bradfordville? Anyone know of a good realtor? Thanks!

My wife is a Realtor and we've lived in Tallahassee our entire adult lives. She's also a real estate instructor for the State of Florida and knows her stuff. I'm biased but she's a good one. Let me know if you'd like to have her contact information. Good luck with your home search. Tallahassee is a great town.

Good luck to you as you navigate the Tallahassee real estate market. Experience tells me you'll need a little...

if I was buying in Tally, and this is strictly my preference, it would be a home off either Tom Brown Park or Meridian Park so that I could hop right on to the MTB trails with the quickness! I would probably prefer Meridian because road biking is much more enjoyable north of town also.

of course, the mrs. would hate me for that and probably make me a COVID stat...

Reactions: Seminolejon78
That is a $930k house ? Holy crap someone got ripped off.

Ugly. As. Hell.
You’re paying for location and probably a few acres within 5-10 min of everything Tallahassee has to offer.

You’re paying for location and probably a few acres within 5-10 min of everything Tallahassee has to offer.
Where is that house what location? Not interested in the house lol. Just curious of the location?

Care to explain? Anything you want to share?

Thanks
Rush hours on the north side are tough for a moderately sized town, not that they are not in other parts of town. Property taxes are moderately high as are utility rates. New homes and resales seem to trend high mid range to low end high for northwest Florida, but not excessively priced. Finding acceptable and favorably priced homes in preferred schools zones can be challenging. Great place to live though! Remember, my perspective only based on comps I am familiar with....

No kids = Southwood is nice.
goldmon thanks, didn't even know about Southwood. So I looked into it and I ended up renting a house there. Going to rent for a year until I figure the landscape out better. Been to Tally too many times to remember but it was always on Football weekends or to visit my kids at FSU. So I know The Campus, College Town, Pots, Madison Social, and Doak areas well LOL. Never ventured out east much.

Reactions: goldmom
goldmon thanks, didn't even know about Southwood. So I looked into it and I ended up renting a house there. Going to rent for a year until I figure the landscape out better. Been to Tally too many times to remember but it was always on Football weekends or to visit my kids at FSU. So I know The Campus, College Town, Pots, Madison Social, and Doak areas well LOL. Never ventured out east much.
Yes, I like the community. It used to belong to St. Joe Paper Company and Ed Ball's old house is still on the property.

OK, next request for help. Who would be the best internet provider in Tally? Fastest etc. When I lived in South Fl I had comcast hated them customer service probably the worst ever, always problems with connection etc. Any different in Tally? TIA

OK, next request for help. Who would be the best internet provider in Tally? Fastest etc. When I lived in South Fl I had comcast hated them customer service probably the worst ever, always problems with connection etc. Any different in Tally? TIA
Nope. Comcast is king.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT