ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Bay Times Today

peezy28

Starter
Feb 25, 2003
Front Page full page spread (ON PRINT) about the darn Sundance film.

I never had a more joyous phone conversation than a year ago when they called me and asked why did I put a stop payment on their subscriptions and I said it was because of your alarmingly obvious Anti Jameis Winston and FSU campaign you won't get another cent from me and I am also cancelling my mothers, aunts and other family member accounts as well.

Just got off the phone with a former writer for the Times and he said:

"Making the Bucs not draft him? nah, outlandish.
But I'm sure they look at it from a story perspective. They want Jameis here. Jameis because of rape thing, FSU thing, is much better story than Mariota."

So basically if Jameis comes to Tampa the Times will have a free for all with him as long as he is here.

Originally posted by peezy28:

But I'm sure they look at it from a story perspective. They want Jameis here. Jameis because of rape thing, FSU thing, is much better story than Mariota."

So basically if Jameis comes to Tampa the Times will have a free for all with him as long as he is here.
Well, at least he's being honest.

Yeah my guy is always honest sometimes you just might not like the truth.

The article itself is just a "This is what happened" Which is probably how it should have always been reported instead of slanted views on what you ASSUME happened.

The article itself is just a "This is what happened" Which is probably how it should have always been reported instead of slanted views on what you ASSUME happened.
Does it mention how she tried saying that she never said she was drugged at the CoC hearing, but at the same time was saying she was drugged in the documentary.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

After the first long bomb from Jameis to Vincent Jackson for a spectacular TD, all this rape stuff will be forgotten.
This post was edited on 3/3 10:13 AM by nolepaul23

Originally posted by nolepaul23:

After the first long bomb from Jameis to Vincent Jackson for a spectacular TD, all this rape stuff will be forgotten.

Could not disagree more. The way the media works in this country and you think a TD pass is going to make that all go away? Jameis will be under microscope just as he has been the last 2 years or so and it could be even worse now in the NFL.

They say the Bucs should watch the film. One would assume Bucs attorneys read all available transcripts from all of the investigations and came to the conclusion that Winston is not a risk. The tbt will never suggest anyone read the investigation details. They just want everyone to watch the biased documentary, including the Bucs . Ridiculous to the point of being a childish opinion piece.

Originally posted by vanole35:

Does it mention how she tried saying that she never said she was drugged at the CoC hearing, but at the same time was saying she was drugged in the documentary.
That would be nice, but probably did not happen. The FACT that so much information is never mentioned in these articles really is infuriating.

The funny thing about her changing story is that neither has anything to do with the other.

Not even mentioning the false hit over the heard or false too drunk statements, lets just focus on what she says in the film. She says that Jameis Winston personally drugged her with a shot.

In her initial police report, she said she took a shot from an unknown white/indian guy....
Just recently in her student COC hearing, she specifically asked the detective to withdraw his drug statement saying "I never specifically told you I was drugged did I"
Now moving on to the film, her story has came full circle and point blank says (while Crying) "Jameis Winston drugged me with a shot"

It would be nice if the film would cut away from her crying and show some other sorority girls laughing and talking about her other lies that she told. Instead, one can't help but believe this new lie as the truth.

As though the front-office people for the Bucs wouldn't have already pored over the report and ancillary materials regarding the case.

This is the biggest reason I want Jameis OUT of Florida. I see no real advantage to staying close to this mess, better to distance himself. I'm very much hoping someone wants to trade up and grab him. Sorry Bucs fans!

Front Page full page spread (ON PRINT) about the darn Sundance film.

I never had a more joyous phone conversation than a year ago when they called me and asked why did I put a stop payment on their subscriptions and I said it was because of your alarmingly obvious Anti Jameis Winston and FSU campaign you won't get another cent from me and I am also cancelling my mothers, aunts and other family member accounts as well.
A more balanced review of this film:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2015/02/the_hunting_ground_a_campus_rape_documentary_that_fails_to_provide_a_full.2.html#comments

Yeah its noted.

Originally posted by Nole Daddy:

That would be nice, but probably did not happen. The FACT that so much information is never mentioned in these articles really is infuriating.
It was just noted

"Kinsman first appears onscreen after a montage of highlights from FSU's national championship season and looks at the camera as she details her recollection of what happened in December 2012. She suggests that someone - she doesn't say who - slipped something into a shot of alcohol she took that night at a Tallahassee bar, although no drugs were found in her system.
"I'm fairly certain there was something in that drink," Kinsman said.
She acknowledges a spotty memory, which the State Attorney's Office cited in choosing not to charge Winston. She alleges that Winston raped her, first in his bedroom then in a bathroom, dressed her and took her to a false residence she provided."

That paper is the definition of muckraking journalism in its' purist form. Pathetic.

muck·rak·ing

ˈməkˌrākiNG/

noun

the action of searching out and publicizing scandalous information about famous people in an underhanded way.
"candidacy was threatened by her opponent's muckraking"

Originally posted by Nole Daddy:

It was just noted

"Kinsman first appears onscreen after a montage of highlights from FSU's national championship season and looks at the camera as she details her recollection of what happened in December 2012. She suggests that someone - she doesn't say who - slipped something into a shot of alcohol she took that night at a Tallahassee bar, although no drugs were found in her system.
"I'm fairly certain there was something in that drink," Kinsman said.
She acknowledges a spotty memory, which the State Attorney's Office cited in choosing not to charge Winston. She alleges that Winston raped her, first in his bedroom then in a bathroom, dressed her and took her to a false residence she provided."
Good to see that

Originally posted by SoCarolinaNole:
As though the front-office people for the Bucs wouldn't have already pored over the report and ancillary materials regarding the case.

This is the biggest reason I want Jameis OUT of Florida. I see no real advantage to staying close to this mess, better to distance himself. I'm very much hoping someone wants to trade up and grab him. Sorry Bucs fans!
This isn't going to just go away if Jameis doesn't get drafted by a Florida School. No matter what team would draft him, you would have a large amount of fans upset due to the media raping of Jameis. At least in Tampa, he will have a built in fan base with a large amount of FSU fans that will become and stay Bucs fans.

There seems to be more going on here. I mean damn some in congress are saying maybe the bucs should watch this stupid film before drafting him. This is not just about Kinsman and the tampa writers. This is an agenda being pushed and I doubt it stops just because Winston is playing well. I just don't get these people. Can't they see the freakin facts. They just ignore them and continue on. Its sickening.

Originally posted by OfficerNole:
I really hope Tampa passes on him. For Jameis' sake. He doesn't deserve a crappy organization or media who has trashed him.
I agree. He deserves better.

Re: Tampa Bay Times Today[/URL]bigeasynole posted on 3/3/2015...

There seems to be more going on here. I mean damn some in congress are saying maybe the bucs should watch this stupid film before drafting him. This is not just about Kinsman and the tampa writers. This is an agenda being pushed and I doubt it stops just because Winston is playing well. I just don't get these people. Can't they see the freakin facts. They just ignore them and continue on. Its sickening.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well DUH!!!!!! Haven't you been paying attention? The media is completely corrupt and has been for quite some time. It's truly amazing people are just now beginning to realize this. This colleges are rape havens BS being pushed is all part of a very radical extremist left agenda being shoved down America's throats and far too many aren't paying attention. Our freedoms are being threatened, see net neutrality, IRS as a weapon, DHS data mining, etc and the country is too focused on Bruce Jenner's sex change and the moronic, scripted reality programs. We have bought and paid for politicians in both parties who don't care about us or the country and not enough people seem to care. Jameis is just the latest victim of an agenda to control us all.

Originally posted by goldmom:
I really hope Tampa passes on him. For Jameis' sake. He doesn't deserve a crappy organization or media who has trashed him.

Good thing what you two think has no bearing on the situation. Nice overgeneralization of our city though.

Tampa Bay Noles are excited to have our guy coming on board. You'll both probably have Bucs jerseys by September.

At least he'll have several millions of reasons to forgive them. I wouldn't count on TB drafting him. The Bucs could screw up a wet dream.

And this sums up why I don't read or watch the news because it is all about making up a "good story" not reporting events like a reporter should.

In my opinion, if newspaper writer wants to make up a story or focus then become an author for books. The job of a reporter SHOULD be to focus on true events and facts.

Also it shows to me how lacking of accountability most reporters have.

Re: Tampa Bay Times Today[/URL]Unconquered45 posted on 3/3/2015...

Good thing what you two think has no bearing on the situation. Nice overgeneralization of our city though.

Tampa Bay Noles are excited to have our guy coming on board. You'll both probably have Bucs jerseys by September.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Make that three, and where did they say one word about the city of Tampa? The Tampa Bay Bucs organization sucks and I can't use the words to describe the TBT or I'd get banned.

Originally posted by Calif_Nole:

Re: Tampa Bay Times Today [/URL] Unconquered45 posted on 3/3/2015...

Make that three, and where did they say one word about the city of Tampa? The Tampa Bay Bucs organization sucks and I can't use the words to describe the TBT or I'd get banned.

We all have our issues with TBT but let's not split hairs. Just remember you are talking about an organization a solid % of the FSU fanbase is attached to when making comments. The Bucs have had a rough past couple of seasons, but there are far worse organizations Jameis could go to. The fact that he stays in Florida near his college fanbase is a win in itself. Also, there are only a handful of teams who have won a Super Bowl since the Bucs won it.

In sum, Baker and the TBT can wear egg all day long and deserve everything that gets dished at them. Tampa and the Bucs organization don't deserve the venom. Get ready to enjoy 5 in pewter.

Killer Bees, AIDS, Ebola, Cholesterol, Steroids, E Coli,

The media misses the mark on everything. It's not about providing truth or facts. It's entertainment. I haven't watched the news or read a newspaper in years and I don't feel uniformed. If every media outlet in the nation suddenly disappeared would anyone even care?

Originally posted by Unconquered45:

Huh????????????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT