ADVERTISEMENT

Tattoos on Women???

I think a tattoo on a woman is AT BEST a net break even. I don't think they EVER make a woman hotter, but a small cool tattoo on an ankle or shoulder, if the woman is otherwise awesome, might not detract from her. Anything visible, or anything larger than about a quarter, and her beauty is reduced significantly in my mind. I don't even think it's a class issue any more, I just think it looks less attractive than skin.

I think a tattoo on a woman is AT BEST a net break even. I don't think they EVER make a woman hotter, but a small cool tattoo on an ankle or shoulder, if the woman is otherwise awesome, might not detract from her. Anything visible, or anything larger than about a quarter, and her beauty is reduced significantly in my mind. I don't even think it's a class issue any more, I just think it looks less attractive than skin.

I totally agree. Fortunately, my wife feels the same way.

I think it is a generational thing. People in their 40s and 50s all look at them as indicative of lower social class. My 16 year old daughter, thank god, thinks they are trashy despite some of her contemporaries getting them. Also, a bunch of the high school girls she knows have taken to getting their nipples pierced. I know some of the parents who have allowed this....very nice people, but you have to wonder what they are thinking? I'm a pretty liberal guy, but I think allowing this sort of crap when they are that young is sending the wrong message.
That's crazy.

I think it is a generational thing. People in their 40s and 50s all look at them as indicative of lower social class. My 16 year old daughter, thank god, thinks they are trashy despite some of her contemporaries getting them. Also, a bunch of the high school girls she knows have taken to getting their nipples pierced.

I know piercing can be done < 18 yo. Are minors allowed to get tattoos (legally) without parental consent?

I made a deal with my girls...if they got good grades and were otherwise well behaved, I'd let them get anything reversible to be a little "rebellious". No tattoos, no ear gauges, that kind of thing. But they've gotten some crazy hair colors over the years, and they've got about 4-5 earrings in their ears.

My 19 year old is in college, and it wouldn't shock me if she was hiding a tattoo, although I hope she doesn't have one. I've tried hard to convince them that youth and tattoo decisions are a bad mix, but I don't know if it's really taken.

I couldn't find anything backing that up................and I like me a nice looking suicide chick.
I do enjoy the suicide girls!

I scanned the posts and didn't really see the hot tattooed girl pictures I was hoping to. I saw the 420-forehead woman, but that's no good.

I like tattoos on women - as long as they're tasteful expressions of a woman's life experiences, individuality, etc. What I don't like is when a woman's arms, chest, etc are plastered with multiple little "flash sheet" tattoos that don't express anything at all, except for "hey look - it's a little devil, and a little tweety bird, and a little tasmanian devil, and little Betty Boop..." That's not art, and it's not self-expression (unless your "self" is defined by a series of dumb, generic pictures)

More like this...

tattoos-ideas-new-fashion-design-body-tatto-for-beautiful-women-teen-girls-4.jpg

I know piercing can be done < 18 yo. Are minors allowed to get tattoos (legally) without parental consent?

Found this -

"It is against the law in Florida to tattoo any person under the age of 16 regardless of consent. If you are 16 or 17 years old your parent or legal guardian must be present when you are being tattooed and you must give us a notarized copy of the “MinorConsentForm“. On the consent form your parent must state what design you will be getting tattooed and where on your body. You and your parent or legal guardian must also present a photo ID at the time of the tattoo."

I do enjoy the suicide girls!

I scanned the posts and didn't really see the hot tattooed girl pictures I was hoping to. I saw the 420-forehead woman, but that's no good.

I like tattoos on women - as long as they're tasteful expressions of a woman's life experiences, individuality, etc. What I don't like is when a woman's arms, chest, etc are plastered with multiple little "flash sheet" tattoos that don't express anything at all, except for "hey look - it's a little devil, and a little tweety bird, and a little tasmanian devil, and little Betty Boop..." That's not art, and it's not self-expression (unless your "self" is defined by a series of dumb, generic pictures)

More like this...

tattoos-ideas-new-fashion-design-body-tatto-for-beautiful-women-teen-girls-4.jpg
That chick would look so hot if she didn't have that scribble blocking her back. She's gonna look like a Stephen King book cover when she's 50.

Reactions: BrianNole09
But if she's still happy with the way that she looks - wrinkled tattoo and all - when she's 50, and if it reminds her of a different time in her life, and what that meant to her, then isn't that all that matters?
Might I suggest a scrapbook instead?

Just said lawyer cause that's what I pictured when I was reading the comments. Wasn't trying to offend anyone. And yes, I'm biased because I have lots of tattoos (no hands face etc) so I'm being talked about harshly in this thread. There's plenty of charities that biker gangs do work for and there's plenty of white collar scumbags in the world as well. Looking at someone's skin and judging them on that alone is something we as Americans are supposed to be above.
Unless you are a woman, I don't believe the comments are directed at your gender. I am sure most of the guys have a double standard as it relates to guys with tattoos.

I don't care one way or the other. Some women with tats are hot and some are not just like there are women without tats that are hot and some that are not.

But if she's still happy with the way that she looks - wrinkled tattoo and all - when she's 50, and if it reminds her of a different time in her life, and what that meant to her, then isn't that all that matters?

If you're asking my opinion of it, her opinion of it is irrelevant.

Unless you are a woman, I don't believe the comments are directed at your gender. I am sure most of the guys have a double standard as it relates to guys with tattoos.

I don't care one way or the other. Some women with tats are hot and some are not just like there are women without tats that are hot and some that are not.

One of the Doc's said anyone that has a sleeve tattoo an/or anything on their neck or face are brain damaged.

I laughed....

That's what I was referring to. I understand people have different tastes and opinions. I also know that anyone who says the above quote is nobody I want to be around.

Here's my sermon to anyone contemplating a tattoo: no one will hold it against you that you don't have a tattoo. But lots of people will treat you differently if you do have one.

We can debate whether having a tattoo is good, bad, right or wrong. But the reality is that tattoos will close lots of doors for you, whether they are relationships, jobs, promotions, perceptions by others, whatever. Your choice, but understand what you are doing.

Here's my sermon to anyone contemplating a tattoo: no one will hold it against you that you don't have a tattoo. But lots of people will treat you differently if you do have one.

We can debate whether having a tattoo is good, bad, right or wrong. But the reality is that tattoos will close lots of doors for you, whether they are relationships, jobs, promotions, perceptions by others, whatever. Your choice, but understand what you are doing.

What if the tat is well hidden?

My brother has a Masters degree, is a part time drummer in a band and has the Led Zeppelin "Zoso" on his right bicep. I don't think many people see it often.

Now a neck tattoo...I'd agree with you :)

Reactions: NY_22_Nole
That's what I was referring to. I understand people have different tastes and opinions. I also know that anyone who says the above quote is nobody I want to be around.

Hey, back at you bro.... Just repeating what a very well respected doctor said. If you don't like it...oh well.

I don't think a doctor's opinion on tattoos carries any more weight than anyone else's does. In fact it definitely carries less weight than say an employer's does.

That said, I agree with the doctor.

It is becoming less and less looked down upon. When I was a server at a restaurant 20 years ago, other servers had to cover up any tattoos so they weren't showing. Same thing with the Starbucks I went to until this past year. Now some of those places not only allow it to be shown, but almost seem to welcome it and only hire people with a good amount of tattoos. Heck I even see police officers now with full sleeves of tattoos. In a corporate or professional world, they are easier to cover up by wearing long sleeve shirts and pants when you go for interviews.

It is becoming less and less looked down upon. When I was a server at a restaurant 20 years ago, other servers had to cover up any tattoos so they weren't showing. Same thing with the Starbucks I went to until this past year. Now some of those places not only allow it to be shown, but almost seem to welcome it and only hire people with a good amount of tattoos. Heck I even see police officers now with full sleeves of tattoos. In a corporate or professional world, they are easier to cover up by wearing long sleeve shirts and pants when you go for interviews.

Yeah. Server at restaurant. Bartender. Barista. Etc. . . In a place, like say Austin Texas, in certain establishments, having a tatoo will be a plus. It adds to the mileau/image they are trying to project, young, hip/edgy. Don't know about you, but barista is not a career.

Yeah. Server at restaurant. Bartender. Barista. Etc. . . In a place, like say Austin Texas, in certain establishments, having a tatoo will be a plus. It adds to the mileau/image they are trying to project, young, hip/edgy. Don't know about you, but barista is not a career.
My point was tattoos are now more accepted than they used to be. Previously many places wanted them covered up so customers would not see them. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Probably true in certain walks of life. I still say tats are generally a door-closer in medical, legal, accounting, engineering, financial advising and other similar professions. Also, they are limiting in certain social contexts (i.e., who is willing to date/marry you; how people formulate their first impressions of you). I can't think of any contexts in which not have a tattoo can hurt you.

But, otherwise, you are right: overall, tattoos are less frowned upon than they were 20-30-40 years ago.

I never entertained getting one because there were certain jobs I was interested in and identifiable ink would not be conducive to survival. That being said, nursing homes will be a hoot in a few years with all the tribal bands and butterflies . The Villages will look like an ol' folks biker hangout.

Reactions: NoleandDawg
This thread is amusing considering they are running a ink master marathon on Spike. It clearly has hit more main stream in the last 10-20 years. neck, face, wrists and below are very career limiting for most careers. But the topic was sexy or not.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Probably true in certain walks of life. I still say tats are generally a door-closer in medical, legal, accounting, engineering, financial advising and other similar professions. Also, they are limiting in certain social contexts (i.e., who is willing to date/marry you; how people formulate their first impressions of you). I can't think of any contexts in which not have a tattoo can hurt you.

But, otherwise, you are right: overall, tattoos are less frowned upon than they were 20-30-40 years ago.

Just curious though, how do people know who has tattoos in many cases? If a guy has a tattoo on his bicep and is in the medical, legal, accounting or other white collar field...how would anyone know?

Last week, I went to see my physician at the UCLA hospital in Santa Monica. I noticed that everybody working the front desk had visible sleeve tattoos and that all of the nurses had at least one visible tattoo, as well. Even my physician had a very impressive series of tattoos on her arm that were clearly visible.

I know that several of the doctors in my clinic have extensive tattoos, including the director of psychiatry and the director of clinical services. My girlfriend is an administrator in a prestigious private hospital in Los Angeles, and her sister is a teacher in a prestigious elementary school in Palo Alto. Both have extensive tattoos, and neither have had any problems professionally or socially due to their artwork.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT