ADVERTISEMENT

The more I rewatch his throws in the spring game, the more excited I am about DJ

frostyjax

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 23, 2017
The general consensus is that DJ wasn't good in the spring game. Obviously his stat line was not very good. The tape really tells a different story though. He had at least 5 perfect passes dropped by receivers/tight ends. He showed a solid understanding of the offense. He kept it and ran at the right times. He had some very impressive throws down the field, but he also had some smart check downs. He earned a very smart PI in the endzone on a broken play. The more I watch it, the more encouraged I am. There were a couple bad throws, but overall, he was way better than the stat line. I think Norvell could get a level of production out of him that we haven't seen before. On the flip side of this coin though, the receivers were god awful in the spring game. Way too many drops. We heard about the drops all spring, I thought it was just overblown, but no it was really bad. Dugans really has his work cut out for him with this group. A lot of guys that we need production out of, could not catch the football all spring. Poitier used to be able to catch but for whatever reason this spring he could not. Williamson and Spann have never been able to catch if we're being honest, which is unfortunate because they're freak athletes. Brown couldn't catch in the spring. Williams wasn't getting any separation in the spring, not calling him a bust yet but he doesn't seem like much of a route runner. Douglas and Benson looked like the only reliable guys, and Benson is injured. Morlock had a bunch of drops too. Definitely more concerned about this receiving group than DJ. Catching the ball could be a real problem this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.