ADVERTISEMENT

The NIL College Football Long Play

Noledog92

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
As I've watched the NIL saga play out I want to make a few observations and would like to hear from you........

-NIL was a smart way to get around Title IX. Title IX forced a "balance" for the non-revenue female sports. It made politically correct sense, but didn't make financial sense at all. I believe the days of private air travel for many of the non-revenue producing sports will be coming to an end for men and women. Vans and buses will be used. Also, I believe you will see more tournaments than individual games. Volleyball players are used to playing in travel ball tournaments beginning in grade school. There is no reason that the ACC couldn't hold several round robin tournaments in a central location instead of traveling for single games all over the country at a huge expense.

-NIL is going to create chaos and I think that's the intention. There seems to be a much bigger plan. I think that the NFL is driving it all with the eventual plan of creating a minor league program through the universities. While college football already acts as sort of a minor league, this will formalize it and will provide a uniform compensation program for the players.

-After a few years of chaos, the formality will be put in place. The details will be interesting. Will a player actually have to go to class or will that be optional (most will choose to since most won't make it to the pros).

The NIL will significantly change college football. Players will be compensated and I think that's proper.

Will it ruin college football? I don't think so.

While it all plays out, I plan on donating to the Rising Spear and watching this all unfold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News