ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread!!

I'm at the Ribfest in St Pete listening to 38 Special at the moment. Why did Maguire come in, was it just for suckitude ie three turnovers or was Golson injured?

How are the ribs? Was thinking of going to check it out tomorrow

Elliot might be my new favorite player... Being from PC doesn't hurt either :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CJRN
The second half has a very different vibe. Lots of different units looking lots better.

Just tried two places so far, Blazing Bronco from Ohio who won Ribfest last year and "Texas Outlaws" who are actually from Kentucky. Blazing Broncos had some great smoke flavor but was actually overcooked to my taste, not dry at all but total mush. So great flavor, bad texture. The "Texas" Outlaws I actually liked better as they were perfectly cooked to my preference, still "fall off the bone" and juicy from rendered fat but nice and meaty. The only thing stopping me from saying they're the best ribs I ever had was their sauce was a little bland. Blazing Broncos definitely had the better sauce even though too sweet for my taste as it was nice and smokey but I'll take the better cooked ribs over better sauce. We'll probably try at least one or two more.

The music has been great so far. Showed up just in time to hear Kansas play the only song I like of theirs (Wayward Son) and 38 Special is putting on a fantastic show so far.

Patrick and Cook are working together. Stevenson went to the locker room in first half. Anybody see him in the second half?

Jacoby got caught up in the jail break in the last series. Terrance Smith rocked his world.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Sad part is there are still people out there that think Charles Kelly should be fired. Worse than the fans that did the wave while FSU was on offense today.

One more stop for the defense would be awesome. Nice game by the Seminoles. It was great to see them strap it on after falling behind. Turnovers seem to making up for lost time, however.

Reactions: DFSNOLE

Ribs are very filling. Although we've been here all day we couldn't stomach a second round of ribs for dinner. We just split a three rib sampler from Carolina Rib Kings out of Spartanburg SC and some collards for greenery. The South Carolina gold sauce was very good, a five star version of that regional sauce. The ribs themselves were squarely in between the other two we had for lunch, not as good as the Texas Outlaws from Kentucky but better than the Blazin Bronco from Ohio. Best sauce hands down was the CAROLINA gold from Carolina Rib Kings though (their hot btw is very hot for bbq sauce, the same heat level as Hobbit's ext a hot wings).

If I had to eat all three again, I'd probably go with the Texas Outlaws.

Reactions: DanC78
Can't wait to hear the SEC apologists spin how every week is a battle with how LSU is getting destroyed by Arkansas so far.

Can't wait to hear the SEC apologists spin how every week is a battle with how LSU is getting destroyed by Arkansas so far.

I was thinking the same thing. The SEC is a giant pile of dung this year. Bama looks decent that's it. You notice that "resurgent Kentucky" lost to Vandy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT