ADVERTISEMENT

The Rainbow Bridge is full.

We unexpectedly lost our other dog Daisy yesterday. One month after Jäger. She was a yellow lab and just turned 11. Our world has been shattered. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Love your fur babies.

Sorry Sarah, our second yellow named Chopper is now 12 and has had type 1 diabetes for the majority of his lifetime and now he is basically blind due to cataracts. Every day is a gift but I know that day is coming. #rainbowbridge....they're waiting.

So sorry, Sarah. You have hit a tough patch here recently. Unfortunately, nothing about life is guaranteed — human or pet — so savor every enjoyable moment you can. Stay strong.....better days are ahead.

Sorry for your loss Sarah. I know what you are going through as I recently lost both Daisy(ESS) and Abby(Cocker Spaniel). It just really sux!

So sorry to hear this. Our ESS is nearing the inevitable. Tremendous breed, as is the cocker. Best wishes to you during this very difficult time.

Labs are awesome dogs

I’ve had two over the years

I feel your pain, I know it sucks, been there many times

11 years is a long time for a lab, you and your family were blessed!

Reactions: FSUSarah
Sarah, so very sorry to hear of this. We've had Goldens and a black lab and there are no better dogs. I can truly understand your pain. They become our children, don't they? :(

Damn. So sorry Sarah.

Hopefully all the great memories of your two doggies will ease some of the pain for you and your family.

Reactions: FSUSarah
Our house is so empty. I have a feeling it'll be the same for me OHNole
Complicating our loss was, while our Aussies were older, 14 & 17, we thought they were relatively healthy. We had just moved and starting with a new vet. He wanted blood work on the dogs for a baseline. When the results came back the next day, it indicated one was basically in liver failure and the other was in kidney failure. We took the dogs to the vet on a Wednesday and on Sunday had to put the one in liver failure to sleep. The other dog went downhill fast...she stopped eating, kept getting weaker; had neurological damage, and we made the decision to put her to sleep 3 weeks later. We thought we had 2 older but healthy dogs to both gone in 3 weeks. It was terrible.

We lost our two Aussies within three weeks of each other 2 years ago...still not over it. :(
Ugh. So sorry to hear that too. We have a 9-mo. old Aussie now, and our kids just asked us yesterday, "How long will she live?"

I already can't imagine losing her!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear, that's heartbreaking. Many of us have been through it, and most of us will again. I've got a 14 year old JRT who is losing weight, has cataracts and declining overall. Sad to watch. God bless you.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Sorry to hear, that's heartbreaking. Many of us have been through it, and most of us will again. I've got a 14 year old JRT who is losing weight, has cataracts and declining overall. Sad to watch. God bless you.

Just a preview of what many of us will endure, personally. Making sure my adult diapers always match my ascots.

Complicating our loss was, while our Aussies were older, 14 & 17, we thought they were relatively healthy. We had just moved and starting with a new vet. He wanted blood work on the dogs for a baseline. When the results came back the next day, it indicated one was basically in liver failure and the other was in kidney failure. We took the dogs to the vet on a Wednesday and on Sunday had to put the one in liver failure to sleep. The other dog went downhill fast...she stopped eating, kept getting weaker; had neurological damage, and we made the decision to put her to sleep 3 weeks later. We thought we had 2 older but healthy dogs to both gone in 3 weeks. It was terrible.

We lost our first dog Jäger due to old age and some spinal degeneration. We were ready and had planned for it. And all the time Daisy was growing tumors and we had no idea until it was too late. Really feel like I failed her. She followed me every where I went and I keep expecting to turn around and run into her.

We unexpectedly lost our other dog Daisy yesterday. One month after Jäger. She was a yellow lab and just turned 11. Our world has been shattered. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Love your fur babies.

Sorry for your loss...

Love your fur babies.

I'm SO SORRY love. Facebook has been so weird lately and my feeds are screwy (seeing posts from the most random people) and I didn't see anything posted on FB if not I would have given you my condolences personally even though I was out of the country. :( Both were amazing dogs. Sending you hugs Sarita.

They really do. And my poor son. They've been with him his whole life.

Thanks for listening everyone.

Know that feeling well. We had 3 dogs and 2 cats. Last year the dog my son sees as his we had to put down the Monday after Thanksgiving. He was hugging her goodbye when he was leaving for college and noticed some lumps on her neck. We took her to the vet (which was right after the um game, thanks JF); she had cancer and the vet gave her a month. She was able to hang on till my son came home for Thanksgiving which was great. A couple of weeks ago the cat my son sees as his died in his sleep.

Love your fur babies.
Just give them all you have and they will always give back. They will be very happy, when you move on and find others to love!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT