ADVERTISEMENT

The real reason I'm so confident in this year's team. . .

summit2001

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2003
Today's kool-aid saturated positive post:

It's the combination of the coaching staff and the talent level of the roster from top to bottom.

Let's face it, this roster was a complete wreck when Norvell arrived. There were some talented players, but not even close to enough to field a "team." In lightning-fast time, he surgically removed the cancers of the team, and started to fill the roster with not only the best talent he could find, but the best "fits." The ;uchbox type attitude and embracing the hard work was a must for kids on his roster. That became contagious. He started to find success and was getting more competitive play out of a semi-talented roster than other teams loaded with more "talent" on paper. You hear kids now saying things like, "this coaching staff turned a 3-star kid into a NFL pick, imagine what they will do with me." The classic doing more with less story. I am still amazed at the QB this staff was able to develop Jordan Travis into.

Fast forward to today. Norvell now has talent, top talent wants to be at FSU after seeing the quick growth. Norvell continues to instill that lunch box, hard-nosed attitude into this team. He will maximize their potential both physically and mentally. I can picture Norvell laying in bed at night knowing he finally has the team he has been trying to build since he got here. Now, we will really get to see what he can do with this level of talent at every position.

Trust me. . .drink with me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.