ADVERTISEMENT

The UM Resurgence

goodnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2002
Just read an ESPN article about UM’s new commitment to spending the necessary dollars to turnaround its football program.

Miami has been irrelevant as a member of the ACC, at least in football. When they joined, most agreed that it was a great move in order to elevate the conference’s football brand. But that never happened. Miami , since joining the ACC, never found its footing.
I , for one, expected FSU and Miami, to fight it out for the conference championship annually.

The years of Bobby versus Schnellenberger , Bobby versus Jimmy Johnson were good for college football. It was the marquis game for the sport for years.
Part of me is wary of seeing a rival “ up its game”. Another part of me remembers what those games meant to the sport when these two programs were competing for national championships annually.

Miami feels like they have hired the right guy this time around.
I have confidence in Mike Norvell to right the Jimbo - Taggart fiasco and to go toe to toe with Cristibol and the Canes!

The FSU- Miami game is important for all Noles. Here is one fan that hopes it becomes important to college football again!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News