ADVERTISEMENT

There are currently FOUR planned spinoffs of Game of Thrones in the work

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
I would assume only one or maybe two will actually get picked up.

http://www.avclub.com/article/hbo-d...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

There's no details currently about what they are about, but here's my educated guesses ranked by percentage of likelihood that they are one of the 4 being worked on from most likely to least likely.

1) Dunk and Egg series. Set before and during the last Blackfyre rebellion which is the last unsuccessful uprising against the ruling Targaryen, there are a number of novellas written by GRRM about this time period and following two principal characters (a gargantuan good hearted by somewhat dimwitted jumped up commoner "hedge knight" and his squire who just happens to be the disguised future Targaryen king). GRRM wrote this purposefully as an easier to bring to television spinoff as it follows just a few central characters. So I would almost guarantee this is one of the four.

2) Robert's Rebellion. Stepping back just a decade or two before the start of the current series, this would focus on the successful rebellion by Robert Barratheon and Ned Stark against the Targs. This would seem a no brainer to try to bring to life as there is little to no magic (so no need for expensive special effects) BUT you can bring back Sean Bean and a bunch of now beloved actors from the first couple of seasons of the current series IF you're willing to CGI them younger (which is getting cheaper). Or you can go with younger lookalike characters, but regardless people are going to be interested in a direct prequel series to uncover the "truths" of Robert's Rebellion and how "right" it was. I would also almost guarantee this is one of the four.

3) Dance of the Dragons. A pretty fleshed out (as GRRM details it in his "history" book on Westeros and in two novellas) much earlier time period where two warring factions of Targs in a civil war are fighting in a time when there are several adult dragons on both sides. A very interesting bit of fiction (which I highly rec to fans to read the two novellas), but it could be very expensive to film as it would be CG heavy. So even though this is probably the MOST ready to go time period for a spinoff other than Dunk and Robert's Rebellion, I wouldn't consider this one a foregone conclusion.

4) Long Night. Jumping WAY back in time, before even the first Targaryen conquering of Westeros with dragons, this is the main confrontation between the First Men and both the Children of the Forest and the White Walkers together and separately. There had been a long running war of extinction between the First Men (Stark ancestors) who brought steel weapons and armors over to Westeros and the Children who were physically much smaller and had only stone, wood, obsidian and bronze weapons and armor but had a great deal of magic. As the Children were losing, their best magicians created the first White Walkers. The Children eventually lost control of the White Walkers who threatened all living humanoids, so the remaining Children and First Men allied against the White Walkers. This would show the creation of the Night Watch and the building of the Wall. It would be quite interesting and while not as fleshed out as the Dance of Dragons period, it would probably be slightly cheaper as there is plenty of magic but not nearly as many detailed dragon fighting scenes which would be CGI heavy.

5) A spinoff set in the future. Obviously the current series will end in some climactic fashion but it doesn't mean every character's story is at an end. Some fans would probably appreciate a continuation, I would prefer something set in a previous time period.

6) Original Targaryen Invasion. There's plenty of interesting stories here about how a small fleeing (as their homeland was destroyed in a Cataclysm) band of Targs and there handful of dragons managed to conquer all of Westeros, taking down fierce kingdoms of all sorts that end up being the progenitors of a lot of the current time period houses (Stark, Tyrell, Lannister, Ironborn, etc).

Daenerys Targaryen = Khaleesi

“The Mother of Dragons”

This is the only spinoff I would watch from GOT

Daenerys Targaryen = Khaleesi

“The Mother of Dragons”

This is the only spinoff I would watch from GOT

For me she's the worst part of the show. The character is fantastic in the books, but the actress is terrible (see everything else she's done) and she has refused multiple things that are required of her by the character mainly nudity related (the one breast exposed dress, the lesbian scenes, the other sex scenes). Plus she doesn't even really look the part even WITH the obvious wig. She refused to have her eyebrows or hair dyed or wear contacts to have pale lavender eyes.. Frankly, since she's a terrible actress anyways, I have no idea why they put up with that other than she must be sleeping with someone related to the production.

Here's what Dany should look like per the novels i.e. Pale skin, platinum not regular straw blonde hair, and pale lavender eyes.

67e289b4b6c1f492117330d4a62632b0.jpg

ad29ee253bf462125fca96b93d483346.jpg

In fact, because the fire burns away her hair just not body she SHOULD look more like this

250px-Daenerys_by_jekaa.jpg

So with that as a template they cast....this terrible actress.

3134AC9A00000578-3446915-image-m-11_1455479939202.jpg

Cute enough yes, but she naturally looks nothing like the character. And to make it even worse she refuses to do the costume makeup things that would make her look closer and instead just has terrible wigs thrown on.

a97cbe68675730ce2eb45b2df2b13f4d.jpg

It would be one thing to put up with that if she could act her way out of a paper bag...but she can't. There are tons of actresses out there with significantly more talent, who look closer to the description and who would show up for the required nudity and love scenes without throwing public tantrums and/or refusing.

Here's a couple of better Dany actress alternatives they could have gone with JUST from the Vikings to show.

You practically wouldn't have to do anything to Ida Marie Nielsen to get her in character, just lighten up her already relatively light blonde hair.

0f1d3141b656f9b3422c60312b581c54.jpg

Ida-Marie-Nielsen-Image-9-300x269.jpg

And also from that Vikings series, although she's too old now she would have been fine had she been cast at the time...Katheryn Winnick. And to make matters even better she's a fantastic actress who believably does action sequences far more intense than any Dany is personally involved in. She is a smokeshow who looks 15-20 years younger than her actual current 39.

Katheryn-Winnick-Photo-Stars-1.jpg

ca7853627d9f38f00bcd1ad050a86896

vikings_season2_lagertha.jpg

1225782.jpg

And that's just literally two off the top of my head and from one other show. I'm sure there's hundreds of better suited actresses we could come up with in ten minutes.

And also from that Vikings series, although she's too old now she would have been fine had she been cast at the time...Katheryn Winnick. And to make matters even better she's a fantastic actress who believably does action sequences far more intense than any Dany is personally involved in. She is a smokeshow who looks 15-20 years younger than her actual current 39.

Katheryn-Winnick-Photo-Stars-1.jpg

ca7853627d9f38f00bcd1ad050a86896

vikings_season2_lagertha.jpg

1225782.jpg

And that's just literally two off the top of my head and from one other show. I'm sure there's hundreds of better suited actresses we could come up with in ten minutes.

39?! Damn, good for her (and whoever the dude is that lands that)

39?! Damn, good for her (and whoever the dude is that lands that)

Yeah, she was born literally a year after me. She started martial arts at the age of 7 and by the age of 21 she owned three karate and tae kwan do studios (probably because who wouldn't want to get their %*% kicker by her).

1e700b8e96da7e85eb74198511d976ad.jpg

2ec9b7fbeb7d308821cd025f700bbc73.jpg

She didn't get into acting until after her martial arts career was going well. But she hardly looks any Better 15 years ago in her first couple of movies

mqdefault.jpg

c62691608aacd7457c6502758dfb08a7.jpg

satans_little_helper_pic3.jpg

Than she does now in 2017

katheryn-winnick-at-marie-claire-s-image-maker-awards-2017-in-west-hollywood-01-10-2017_2.jpg

katheryn-winnick-at-catch-la-in-west-hollywood-01-10-2017_1.jpg

Reactions: fsUTampa
Completely agree that she is the weak link and worst of the main characters, a spinoff for her would not draw me in.
The female characters were all weak from the beginning, w/the exception of Arya.

Catlynn Stark
Sansa Stark
Daenarys Targaryan

All awful characters that were by far the weak points of the show.

Sansa got better.
For a little while, Arya got worse.
Daenarys has always been non-compelling.
Catlynn...thank god she died.

The female characters were all weak from the beginning, w/the exception of Arya.

Catlynn Stark
Sansa Stark
Daenarys Targaryan

All awful characters that were by far the weak points of the show.

Sansa got better.
For a little while, Arya got worse.
Daenarys has always been non-compelling.
Catlynn...thank god she died.

Cersei, Lena Headey, is one of the better actors on the show and does a great job imo.

I don't agree with all the criticism of the actress who plays the "mother of dragons", but I will give a shout out "hell yes" to Katherine Winnick" - Queen Lagatha of The Vikings. She is smoking hot in every scene - and somehow can make her face look like a teen ager - or the aggressive temptress - whenever she feels lie it. Must be that damn fine bone structure.

As for spinoffs - GOT always needed a prequel - even the books start ten years too late. I guess the books did it that way because if they started at the beginning, we would know who Jon Snow's parents were. We know now. Kind of like Star Wars with Darth Vader and Luke.

A prequel with the same cast would rock.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I don't agree with all the criticism of the actress who plays the "mother of dragons", but I will give a shout out "hell yes" to Katherine Winnick" - Queen Lagatha of The Vikings. She is smoking hot in every scene - and somehow can make her face look like a teen ager - or the aggressive temptress - whenever she feels lie it. Must be that damn fine bone structure.

As for spinoffs - GOT always needed a prequel - even the books start ten years too late. I guess the books did it that way because if they started at the beginning, we would know who Jon Snow's parents were. We know now. Kind of like Star Wars with Darth Vader and Luke.

A prequel with the same cast would rock.

So a little more info came out. Now it's FIVE spinoffs being written and they are ALL prequels. No sequels or gaidens.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/f...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT