ADVERTISEMENT

"Things are never as bad as they seem,..." Coach Fisher

ChopACane

Veteran Seminole Insider
Oct 3, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
"Things are never as bad as they seem, and never as good as they seem".

Jimbo said that in his post game interview, and that's a mentality I wish this board could adopt.

It basically translates to, "don't freak out about one game".

We are very fortunate to have Jimbo who took full responsibility of the offensive woes and could clearly account for the mistakes they were making. Here on the TC, I feel like most of the population is 100MPH in one direction or 100MPH in the other. If things don't go well they attempt to discredit all of the success we have experienced in the last few years here, which is like spitting in the face of every coach and player that helped get FSU football where it is today.

Here is the thing. We lost almost an entire OL that dominated in 2013 and 2014. Yes, they did not dominate until half way through 2014, but once Cam moved to Center our OL was nothing short of amazing. We steam rolled defenses.

We also have lost a record 33 players to the draft in three years. There is absolutely going to be some rebuilding that needs to occur when you lose that much leadership.

For what it is worth; outside of LSU, not a single team has looked dominant this season. Ohio State, the #1 ranked defending NC's, avoided a loss to unranked VT and barely beat NIU 20-13 last week. #3 TCU gave up more points to a mediocre SMU team than we have given up all season!

Jimbo hinted that he had some ideas of how to get this offense straightened out, I'm sure some solutions will come about. Just like last year. Our offense went from pretty good to exceptional when Cam moved to center, for example.

Try to remain level headed and remember we have a 27 game regular season winning streak. That is pretty bad ass.

Go Noles!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News