ADVERTISEMENT

Things you're looking forward to seeing tonight/this season that we didn't see under Jimbo.

SamENole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
May 29, 2002
Feel free to add to the list...

1. GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN. I don't think there's a more conservative coach in college football than Jimbo when it comes to going for it on 4th down. I can't wait to see us go for a 4th and 1 on our side of the 50 and nobody on this board should be upset if it's unsuccessful. There is no doubt in my mind that Taggart will be aggressive when it comes to going for it on 4th down.

2. Trick plays. I can't wait to see an occasional trick play that isn't a reverse that loses 4 yards. Outside of the fake punt in the National Championship (Not sure how Jimbo built up the courage tbh) we rarely ever ran a trick play under Jimbo.

3. Punt blocks. Early in Jimbo's career at FSU we got a roughing the punter penalty or 2 and that caused him to just play it safe on pretty much every punt return the rest of his career. I can't wait to see us go after some punts this year.

We may not be one of the best teams in the country this year but there's no doubt in my mind that we will be one of the most fun teams to watch this year and that will be a welcome change from the past 10 years.

Go Noles!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News