ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Ride Alongs.....

Just like this thread was on the Tribal Council all day yesterday and all of a sudden this topic was deemed unacceptable for that board.... sadly I think more and more people are not looking for solutions that might work....

Seeing something for yourself is bad?
I think it's a good idea, but both sides should be encouraged to walk in the other's shoes. Cops need to learn that not everyone on their beat is a criminal or a suspect. You do that by meeting people in the community seeing how every day people live their lives. For the record, my dad was a cop. NYPD for 20 years, then came out of retirement to work on a small force in Palm Beach county (Highland Beach).

Reactions: 1clermontnole
I think it's a good idea, but both sides should be encouraged to walk in the other's shoes. Cops need to learn that not everyone on their beat is a criminal or a suspect. You do that by meeting people in the community seeing how every day people live their lives. For the record, my dad was a cop. NYPD for 20 years, then came out of retirement to work on a small force in Palm Beach county (Highland Beach).

100% agree..... Too much HATE in too many places.... too many people not open to listening and getting together to talk.... getting to know each other IMO would do good for the communities.... Go see things for yourself on both sides......

Reactions: MIKE_G and nips 9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT