ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night Football

Side effect of playing a 1st place schedule or was last year just a complete fluke? Roster really hasn't turned over much that I can see.

Gonna be interesting if Jalen attitudes himself out of town.

Affect of having a bunch of prima
Side effect of playing a 1st place schedule or was last year just a complete fluke? Roster really hasn't turned over much that I can see.

They don’t want to tackle. A bunch of guys that read their press clippings.

Jax defense is a joke. Ramsey made it to the NFL and became all talk

Holy Henry! Where did this dude come from? And on the last TD, Jalen had contain and blew it. Not that Henry couldn't run him over anyway.

11 carries, 219 yds, 4 TDs with more than a full quarter to go.

BTW, I like Jalen, but he needs to STHU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jalen is a grade A jerk. He honestly doesn’t represent us well at all.

Holy Henry! Where did this dude come from? And on the last TD, Jalen had contain and blew it. Not that Henry couldn't run him over anyway.

11 carries, 219 yds, 4 TDs with more than a full quarter to go.

My opponent in a fantasy playoff had Henry but benched him! :D

Ramsey was the worst player on the field last night. Watch his lack of effort on the 99 td among other plays, and then the last Henry td. He’s just collecting a paycheck and embarrassing himself this season.

I don't know. I only watched approx 20 minutes of the game and counted 4 missed tackles by Telvin Smith. I don't think he missed a tackle his entire time in college. Is he playing hurt?

I don't know. I only watched approx 20 minutes of the game and counted 4 missed tackles by Telvin Smith. I don't think he missed a tackle his entire time in college. Is he playing hurt?
Maybe Richard Sherman's right...That these guys just aren't physically 100% on Thursday after just 4 days since their last game.

The 1st place schedule isnt really that significant anymore, it only affects two games.

I think the issue, as has been in the past, is QB play. Despite what the defense looked like last night, they are still really good, at this point I just dont think they are motivated. But QB play hasnt been good, Fournette has missed some games, etc etc.

It was uninspired play, which is surprising after they came off last weeks game. In other news, I thought Top Chef was pretty good last night.

Yea I think Jalen is actually producing at a higher level in the NFL than he did at FSU. He was really good here but didn't live up to the hype IMO.

Jalen is big time player, I am hoping he comes back to Nashville when his contract is up. But, he does need to quit running his mouth. That locker room is supposedly a mess, and I am sure it isnt all his fault by any means, but I am sure the way he runs his mouth doesnt help.

Yea I think Jalen is actually producing at a higher level in the NFL than he did at FSU. He was really good here but didn't live up to the hype IMO.

Downside of assigning one side of the field to your "best" CB - the ball never came his way. And with the former staff, they always put the more seasoned player on the boundary side. I still think his best position is at FS where he can freelance a bit. The hell do I know though.

Fournette has missed some games

Wha???? The RB that hasn't played a full season since high school? #shouldhavepickedDalvin (ACL is a fluke injury, don't come at me with that)

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Downside of assigning one side of the field to your "best" CB - the ball never came his way. And with the former staff, they always put the more seasoned player on the boundary side. I still think his best position is at FS where he can freelance a bit. The hell do I know though.

Wha???? The RB that hasn't played a full season since high school? #shouldhavepickedDalvin (ACL is a fluke injury, don't come at me with that)

It has been more than an ACL with Dalvin. He has also only played in a handful of games this year too due to hamstring issues. McCaffery, Kamara, and Hunt (which, obviously this will change with Hunt) have been the best RBs of that class by far.

And I forgot Conner from the Steelers. I think Cook has ability, and certainly might get it going at some point, but as of now, he isnt even on the radar of the best backs of that class, so I dont think there is any sort of valid argument the Jags should have taken him.

Last edited:
In an NFL neighborhood, the Jags would be the white trash family. They are showing their true colors this season.

In an NFL neighborhood, the Jags would be the white trash family. They are showing their true colors this season.
Several years back when I was still a Dolphins fan, I'd go to a local sports bar every Sunday to watch Miami (Jacksonville was the local TV market team here in Tally cause they were good at the time). My buddy...who's originally from Buffalo...is a big Bills fan, so he'd go to watch them.

So we're sitting there in a booth having lunch and beers as usual for the 1:00 games, and this big group of college-age types come in and are seated at a row of tables they pulled together in the center of our area. After a few minutes, they're ordering their drinks, and I hear this one girl ask the others, "Isn't the Jaguars game on?". After hearing an affirmative, she proceeds to ask the server to put the game on.

The server leaves, and after a couple of minutes, all 3-4 screens in our area are switched to the Jacksonville game. (We of course protested when the server came back and had our games put back on the ones we'd been viewing.) What a bunch of bandwagon half-azzed "fans".

Several years back when I was still a Dolphins fan, I'd go to a local sports bar every Sunday to watch Miami (Jacksonville was the local TV market team here in Tally cause they were good at the time). My buddy...who's originally from Buffalo...is a big Bills fan, so he'd go to watch them.

So we're sitting there in a booth having lunch and beers as usual for the 1:00 games, and this big group of college-age types come in and are seated at a row of tables they pulled together in the center of our area. After a few minutes, they're ordering their drinks, and I hear this one girl ask the others, "Isn't the Jaguars game on?". After hearing an affirmative, she proceeds to ask the server to put the game on.

The server leaves, and after a couple of minutes, all 3-4 screens in our area are switched to the Jacksonville game. (We of course protested when the server came back and had our games put back on the ones we'd been viewing.) What a bunch of bandwagon half-azzed "fans".
How many bazillion DUVAAALLL!!! posts did everyone have to endure last year on every social media platform?

Reactions: NoleLizards
How many bazillion DUVAAALLL!!! posts did everyone have to endure last year on every social media platform?
From what I've heard, I believe that the area's populated heavily by gator fans, so the extreme obnoxiousness level should be of no surprise.

I dont mind people getting pumped up when their team makes a run, especially a team that hasnt been great in recent years. I also think people were kidding themselves when they thought they were going to maintain playing at that level. YOu have to have a quality QB to compete year in and year out in the NFL, and until the Jags get that, they will basically be a team with a good defense and inconsistent offense.

I dont mind people getting pumped up when their team makes a run, especially a team that hasnt been great in recent years. I also think people were kidding themselves when they thought they were going to maintain playing at that level. YOu have to have a quality QB to compete year in and year out in the NFL, and until the Jags get that, they will basically be a team with a good defense and inconsistent offense.
I was surprised that Coughlin didn't try to go after Eli to bridge the gap to a QBOTF during the offseason. The Jags have a talented roster, so it was time to strike while the window of opportunity was open.

I was surprised that Coughlin didn't try to go after Eli to bridge the gap to a QBOTF during the offseason.

Me too honestly. The way they are set up, I dont know that they need a great QB, just a decent QB. Nobody respects their passing game, which makes it hard on Fournette to really get much going. I am a Titans fan, so I am glad, but honestly it is kind of a shame. They are wasting what I think should be a pretty good team, simply because they havent addressed the QB spot.

Jags offense is so piss poor, with such awful decisions made about their two garbage QBs, that the defense eventually gave up on the season.

Not an excuse but continuing to employ a no talent clown like Bortles basically tells your team you aren't serious about winning. At that point, as a professional player, you save your body for a contract with a team that has management that gives a damn.

Football (NFL and college) is a business and nothing else., pure and simple. I don't really blame the D for loafing and avoiding tackles, what's the point in burning tread.

Jags offense is so piss poor, with such awful decisions made about their two garbage QBs, that the defense eventually gave up on the season.

Not an excuse but continuing to employ a no talent clown like Bortles basically tells your team you aren't serious about winning. At that point, as a professional player, you save your body for a contract with a team that has management that gives a damn.

The thing is that they played like champions against Andrew luck the week before.

The thing is that they played like champions against Andrew luck the week before.
And you saw what the offense produced that day, 6 points.

So now the NFL, in their pursuit of $$$$ has these same guys playing on 3 days rest, knowing their offense is likely to produce even less.

Hard to be shocked that these guys are tired, beat up, skeptical of their offense, and not willing to take an injury for a garbage game in a garbage season.

NFLPA needs to demand the elimination of Thurs night games, IMO that alone is worth striking over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT